Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 07:19 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
Remember when the gift sets would have a container of powder? I was just thinking of that the other day.
And you could apply on the powder after your shower. It got all over the place.

I don't see them included anymore...
Since the talc/ovarian cancer connection, powder use is frowned upon. I use Burt's Bees cornstarch and Jean Nate during the summer, but I only powder under my bra band....

My old scents are Jean Nate -- my father always liked me in it, and my other fav was Bonne Bell's Skin Musk. The new Skin is awful in the oil form and the spray cologne form.... but I found an aerosol spray that was PERFECT.

My two new ones are Estee's Sensuous, and Origins Ginger Essence.

But as I age -- I find I'm preferring the lighter body lotion scents -- Philosphy's Amazing Grace and L'Occitane's Almond Milk are wonderful. I might be out of the fragrance biz...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 07:28 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,409,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekate View Post
there was a perfume my mom like called beautiful got it for her in St Thomas. I did like Blue Grass but dont see it around any more,

Ummmm....you can get Beautiful right here in the USA! Its made by Estee Lauder. Check places like Macy's, Dillards, etc

I love it, but my DS says it smells like an old lady

I also love JOY, if yu can find it and afford it!

Old 09-12-2015, 07:29 PM

239 posts, read 194,865 times
Lauren by Ralph Lauren (red bottle) very hard to find

Old 09-13-2015, 07:01 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,486,386 times
I went to Macy's yesterday and sniffed some older, classic perfumes that I have always liked and noticed that several of them had a roach spray/bug repellent odor.

I had noticed this in some of the newer perfumes at Sephora. However, the older perfumes, especially at reputable department stores, had always been fine. But I sprayed several tester cards, and many of the older perfumes smelled like roach spray/bug repellent. I thought it was just me. So I asked a couple of other people their opinions, and they all agreed that there was a roach spray/bug repellent odor.

Has anyone else noticed that many of the new reformulations are now smelling worse than ever? I mean they're not even remotely similar to the originals.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:02 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
Has anyone else noticed that many of the new reformulations are now smelling worse than ever? I mean they're not even remotely similar to the originals.
Are you sure it wasn't the tester cards? Personally, I hate testing scents on pieces of paper.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:35 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,486,386 times
I don't think it was the tester cards because even sniffing the sprayer on the bottles, there was no pleasant fragrance--just a horrible smell of roach spray/bug repellent.

Anyway, I used several different tester cards because I went to several counters, and many of the perfumes just smelled awful. The perfumes that did smell good also smelled good on the tester cards.

Old 09-14-2015, 03:58 PM

50 posts, read 51,186 times
I still wear Anais Anais. Its a lighter scent and the bottle is very pretty. I prefer it for more day time use and Angel I prefer for a night out!

Old 09-16-2015, 12:49 AM

741 posts, read 1,379,979 times
My mother-in-law, obviously not my biggest fan, gave me a huge gift box of Poison. I must have looked less than thrilled; her comment was that since I like a "drug scent" so much- Opium- I would probably like Poison too. With just a little poison in her tone, and I never liked it anyway (her tone and the scent).

Old 09-16-2015, 09:51 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinka View Post
My mother-in-law, obviously not my biggest fan, gave me a huge gift box of Poison. I must have looked less than thrilled; her comment was that since I like a "drug scent" so much- Opium- I would probably like Poison too. With just a little poison in her tone, and I never liked it anyway (her tone and the scent).
Either she thought they were made by the same maker (like a series of scents), or she's a real -itch!!!

I had some Poison when it first hit the market. It didn't take long at all for me to start disliking it. Is it actually still around?

Old 09-16-2015, 11:31 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,973,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Either she thought they were made by the same maker (like a series of scents), or she's a real -itch!!!

I had some Poison when it first hit the market. It didn't take long at all for me to start disliking it. Is it actually still around?
Are you talking about Dior Poison? Yes, it is.

Hypnotic Poison is Ms. BATCAT's preferred Fall/Winter scent, and I really like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty