Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 07:50 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,337,778 times

Advertisements

I would only buy it if George Clooney were wearing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 11:31 PM

253 posts, read 1,107,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Someone would buy a sweater that expensive because they are idiots.

I think that comment is a bit strong. If someone can afford it why shouldn't they buy it? The only thing that surprised me about that was that the shirt was in Macys. IMO Macys doesn't carry any clothing that retails for that price but that doersn't mean it doesn't exist.There happens to be a lot of designer items that will retail for that aomunt of money & more. In fact I can think of at least 7 different shirts or sweaters that I have in my closest that retailed for more that that $1600 price tag. That just me thinking off the top of my head about some of my items. I most likely have more. The thing about any of the shirts or sweaters I have that have retailed for more than $1600 are all designer items with something extra like fur, Ostrich feathers, Cashmere with gold logo straps, etc. None of them happen to be just plain shirts. Its part of the reason I can justify to myself paying so much for them. I will tell you that I did get the shirts on sale but even with the sale price they still cost a pretty penny. I typically get my wardrobe on sale but what I spend on clothing is more than the typical woman. The reason I do it is b/c I like the items that I get & I can afford it. There are plenty of women who can out spend me. They don't get anything thats on sale b/c they have to have everything thats in season currently. Should I judge them for it? Why its their money. To me clothing shopping is like anything else in our society. There are different levels to it. There are some of use who pay 150k for a big house in a middle America state while others will pay 500k for a smaller house in a coastal state like Cali or NY. There are some folks who drive 20k cars while others pay 100k + Are those people in NY or Cali idiots? Are the folks driving the expensive cars mental? Or do they just live a lifestyle that affords them the finer things in life?

Old 01-20-2008, 12:11 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,827,248 times
Oh hell, if someone wants to buy a $1600 sweater why the hell not, unless they're using the offsprings' milk money.

I wouldn't go that high for a sweater myself unless someone spiked my cinnamon latte with crack but I do tend to buy quality apparel rather than cheap crap from Wal*Mart.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:44 PM

302 posts, read 923,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I would only buy it if George Clooney were wearing it.

If I could keep him with the purchase, I'd buy it too! LOL

Old 01-20-2008, 06:42 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,186,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgurl View Post
Most definitely.

That aside, if I spent $1600 on a single sweater... my husband would be soooo livid.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:46 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,337,778 times
Quote:
oh yes, it goes without saying!

Old 01-21-2008, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
Most definitely.

That aside, if I spent $1600 on a single sweater... my husband would be soooo livid.
LOL, right! I recall buying something...I can't remember if it was shoes or a purse, all I know is that it probably cost more than it was worth, and my bf at the time, barging in and shrieking "WHOSE money paid for that?!?"

And I said "that's my money, from MY job."

To which he sighed in relief and said "ok...we're good then." LOL

Old 01-21-2008, 05:19 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,441,547 times
Quote:
LOL, right! I recall buying something...I can't remember if it was shoes or a purse, all I know is that it probably cost more than it was worth, and my bf at the time, barging in and shrieking "WHOSE money paid for that?!?"

And I said "that's my money, from MY job."

To which he sighed in relief and said "ok...we're good then." LOL
LOL...so funny!
Even if my job would pay for it...my DH would call me crazy....lol.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:42 AM

253 posts, read 1,107,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
LOL...so funny!
Even if my job would pay for it...my DH would call me crazy....lol.
My husband sometimes encourages me to buy expensive outfits. He is the reason that I have these pair of super expensive Roberto Cavalli Jeans that I have never worn. I think they retailed for 1500 + I got them on sale for less although they wound up still being too expensive for a pair of jeans.

Sometimes my husband is a bad influence. He talks me into lots of expensive things including the outrageously expensive Great Lengths extensions that many of the celebs wear. I loved it & got it for a few years but it didn't love me It not that great for African American hair just in case anyone has been thinking of getting it.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibound-Yorkiemom View Post
My husband sometimes encourages me to buy expensive outfits. He is the reason that I have these pair of super expensive Roberto Cavalli Jeans that I have never worn. I think they retailed for 1500 + I got them on sale for less although they wound up still being too expensive for a pair of jeans.

Sometimes my husband is a bad influence. He talks me into lots of expensive things including the outrageously expensive Great Lengths extensions that many of the celebs wear. I loved it & got it for a few years but it didn't love me It not that great for African American hair just in case anyone has been thinking of getting it.

Uh-oh. Dare I ask what the extensions did to your hair?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty