Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 03:09 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,693,778 times

Advertisements

I dont like mini skirts, I dont think they are attractive in a way clothing should be. Id choose shorts/capris, sundress, just above the knee flowy skirt looks first. Maybe wearing a mini to a club, but not everyday wear.

im sure many women have been raped who were fully covered and dresses modest. I dont think its a factor, though it maybe more enticing to a rapist (especially if theyre noticed more then others) not sure though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 12:31 AM

324 posts, read 407,958 times
It's not bad but it also depends where it is worn. I don't find it appropriate in a corporate setting.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:12 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,121,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliatenn View Post
I mean do you consider a woman who wears mini skirt a "*****"? Do mini skirts attract too much attention and can get woman raped? Is it inappropriate clothing?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemodeled View Post
I dont like mini skirts, I dont think they are attractive in a way clothing should be. Id choose shorts/capris, sundress, just above the knee flowy skirt looks first. Maybe wearing a mini to a club, but not everyday wear.

im sure many women have been raped who were fully covered and dresses modest. I dont think its a factor, though it maybe more enticing to a rapist (especially if theyre noticed more then others) not sure though.
AND no.

Old 05-11-2015, 04:23 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,701,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Miniskirts do not get women raped. Violent a$$holes with no impulse control get women raped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
You know what "gets a woman raped?" Rapists.

These

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I don't care if a woman walks down the street buck a-- naked ... it's not an invitation nor permission to sexually violate her.
and especially this.

It is not about clothing it is about criminal mind. That is a rapist and only a rapist who is committing rape.

But it would be nice toward other people, as well as men as women to be wrapped into appreciatable piece of fabric. No, that neighbours children or granny not necessary enjoy to see peoples butts and boobs/man nipples. It is simple nice towards other people to not be naked or show boobs or butt to everyone. That is flashing. It is uncomfortable sexual organs show.

Also if and when and as long as men nipples are free, free the women nipples too. Why men are not raped daily at summer times when they run around in less clothing than women? They don't even hide their nipples, they just wear small pants. Are they begging a woman gang to rape them?

Old 05-11-2015, 04:39 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:
I mean do you consider a woman who wears mini skirt a "*****"? Do mini skirts attract too much attention and can get woman raped? Is it inappropriate clothing?

Thank you for blaming the victim once again.

Rape is NOT clothing oriented. Learn the facts about a topic before assuming you know anything about it.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:17 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,777,904 times
I think rape is more associated with the victim and if they come across as weak or not. Little kids get raped all the time and I don't see them wearing mini skirts.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:33 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,278,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
I think rape is more associated with the victim and if they come across as weak or not. Little kids get raped all the time and I don't see them wearing mini skirts.
That's still blaming the victim. Rape is 100% the fault of the perpetrator.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:51 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,141,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_girl View Post
It's not bad but it also depends where it is worn. I don't find it appropriate in a corporate setting.
Yup, I had an interview recently and the middle-aged corporate exec woman was wearing a mini skirt. She sat down and it seemed like Sharon Stone in that old movie. It was impossible for me not to lose respect for her. Seemed like an ego-driven person looking for undue attention in a situation where it was completely inappropriate.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:33 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,358,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Of course women can get raped and they have been been known to rape the other sex.

If that is directly correlated to attire is still out for debate.
Actually, it is not out for debate. That sounds like something from the 1930's.

Old 05-11-2015, 02:25 PM

625 posts, read 624,703 times
Quote:
Uh, considering that children get raped and old grandmas get raped the mini-skirt is a non-starter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty