Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 09:04 PM

631 posts, read 2,445,155 times

Advertisements

Ok, here's a new one. Man in mini skirt wanting to see property.

My associate told a walk in prospect today he must call for an appt. to see land and anyway his car was too small to make it to the property.
I heard her turning him down to go so I figured she must have good reason as we normally do not turn down showings.

Ok, the guy was wearing a mini skirt. Sure enough, he did call back in just a few minutes and asked me for an appointment to show lands.

Before I agreed to the appointment, I did ask him why he was wearing a mini skirt, and his answer would either get him a map to show himself or I'd agree to show him land.

He said he was wearing a kilt, just not a traditional kilt. Said he was Irish and Scottish, then he said, ok, he just liked to be different and it was a skirt. That did seem harmless to me. Weird, but harmless. A long haired biker guy in a skirt.

As I was asking him, it did occur to me, hum..... be careful..... don't cross a discriminating line! Hum, go to remote lands with guy in miniskirt. Even women don't go to the boonies in mini skirts! I would have turned him down except his answer was honest enough. He admited he's not the "norm". Ok, we see it, he sees it. Will be taking precautions I would take with any of our out of the norm folks.

What would you do? Would you book an appointment with a guy in a skirt to go hiking land because you would not want to get in trouble for discriminating against guys in skirts? or would you just show him anyway? or not? I will be telling him he needs to be wearing some pants as my boyfriend that will be coming with me just will not tolerate guys in skirts.
LOL, just having some fun with this but it is for real. Poor guy went all the way back home as no one would show him land today. The other broker's office would not show him either. Just gave him brochures.

If you're a guy in a skirt reading this, please do not be offended, as really, the weather was cold first off, so a skirt on a day like today was the first red flag. We do have to watch for red flags in our line of work.

Last edited by keeperk; 11-26-2007 at 09:32 PM.. Reason: clarify title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 09:47 PM

1,174 posts, read 6,942,393 times
You guys see it all if you're around long enough, don't you.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:51 PM

1,010 posts, read 4,910,446 times
You have some of the best stories, keeperk! I think I would have found someone else to ride with me (a guy) just to be safe. I wouldn't go alone with any one that I don't know to a remote place. I wonder what he was wearing under the skirt??

Old 11-27-2007, 05:25 AM

1,895 posts, read 6,167,413 times
I don't think "guys in miniskirts" are a protected class

But I would've taken someone with me...

Old 11-27-2007, 12:29 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,303,611 times
Was he wearing matching shoes?, properly accessorized? Cross dressers aren't supposed to be a threat. (So I'm told LOL)

Old 11-27-2007, 12:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
law suit waitin to happen. be careful.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:15 PM

982 posts, read 3,306,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
Was he wearing matching shoes?, properly accessorized? Cross dressers aren't supposed to be a threat. (So I'm told LOL)
ROTFLMAO!!!!

Old 11-28-2007, 12:06 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,786,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garth View Post
You guys see it all if you're around long enough, don't you.

garth woulda been unafraid - he's packin' heat...

Old 11-28-2007, 01:37 PM

353 posts, read 1,728,491 times
I have a broken ankle, so no I would not show him the property. However, I would refer him to someone at the company up the road from us.

We had this discussion in our sales meetings. The consensus is that is you feel uncomfortable (scared) to work with a potential customer/client then it is not really a discrimination issue.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:27 PM

631 posts, read 2,445,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghREA View Post
We had this discussion in our sales meetings. The consensus is that is you feel uncomfortable (scared) to work with a potential customer/client then it is not really a discrimination issue.
Thanks, I was thinking about Bunky's remark. I can see it now, a discrimination suit because I would take the weird lady to the property, but not the werid man. Then the judge finds for the weird guy.

Yep, my gut usually tells me good or bad. I didn't get to spend time alone yet with mr. skirt, just on the phone and a glimpse when he came to my office door. No ebbie jeebies, but my associate and I decided we don't have need to worry about a guy in a skirt. But we still are taking precautions of course and not going alone with him.

It's supposed to rain on our upcoming appt. I sure hope he wears some pants, because really, hiking land in the best of weather still is NOT done in a skirt, man or woman. I would not take them as serious shoppers. oh , unless they had hiking boots on. I'm drawing the line at high heel shoes! We won't even leave the parking lot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Real Estate Professionals