Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 02:19 PM

28,697 posts, read 18,857,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward11 View Post
I don't get it. Her figure is typical for a woman who wears a corset. She was created a while ago when corsets were more popular. If you add 6 inches to her waist it's around 36-22-33 which is pretty typical for a skinny woman. Women generally used to wear corsets so why is it wrong for a doll to mirror that image?
The title of the thread is " Why are barbie's measurements considered unrealistic?."

If it takes wearing a corset--which is worn so tightly that they invented a sofa especially for women fainting frequently from lack of breath wearing them--then that is by definition "unrealistic." That's like calling six-feet-six-inches a "realistic" height for men...as long as they wear stiletto heels.

Old 01-04-2015, 02:40 PM

459 posts, read 769,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
It is quite clear that you don't get it. But it seems you really don't want to, as you have a counter for every fact posted here.

Are you looking for validation as a corset wearer?
I just found out that corsets take off 6 inches I thought it was 4.

I already explained if you add those 6 inches it's not the weirdest thing. Its like a lot of you are ignoring that if you add 6 to her dimensions it's definitely not outside the norm of human body shapes.

And no my waist has never been over 25". My waist is naturally right now around 22-23".

Old 01-04-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The title of the thread is " Why are barbie's measurements considered unrealistic?."

If it takes wearing a corset--which is worn so tightly that they invented a sofa especially for women fainting frequently from lack of breath wearing them--then that is by definition "unrealistic." That's like calling six-feet-six-inches a "realistic" height for men...as long as they wear stiletto heels.
6'6" isn't that odd depending on the type of men. In my hometown they tend to have the taller men because they're dutch. So 6'6" is as odd as it is for a man to be 6'2 or 3 in most of america. Yes it's tall but not amazingly tall. 6'8ish is where it becomes freakishly tall.

Old 01-04-2015, 02:53 PM

22,641 posts, read 47,797,904 times
Quote:
Its like a lot of you are ignoring that if you add 6 to her dimensions it's definitely not outside the norm of human body shapes.
We are not ignoring the fact that the measurements ARE unrealistic.

Old 01-04-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
We are not ignoring the fact that the measurements ARE unrealistic.
So what part of the dimension is abnormal? The 22" waist? The 36" bust? The 33" hips?

Also according to other sources her waist could normally be as large as 24".

All these dimensions would be normal to me.

5'9" while 110 is underweight but I have heard of celebs with those stats.

Old 01-04-2015, 03:13 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,459,633 times
If the average woman has to wear a corset (an artificial device that can cause harm - and, yes, I've worn both corsets and girdles - the latter VERY briefly because once I put one on I said "the heck with that!" - in order to achieve those dimensions, then those dimensions are, by definition, unrealistic.

Also, if you're reducing your waist by 4 inches with a corset in order to it to appear smaller, honey, let me tell you, you're fooling no one but yourself. And, after all, if the supposed purpose of the deception actually works, you're going to have to take it off and the truth will out, right? I figured that one out when I was 16!

Old 01-04-2015, 03:23 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,970,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth
36-22-33 is not "pretty typical" for a thin woman. Not one with natural boobs, anyway.
Quote:
Yeah skinny women can have big boobs. Those are actually my
measurements I am nothing out of the norm. My boobs are 100% natural. Some women hold their fat in the bust mainly.
Just out of curiosity, no one has called this out? Pics or it didn't happen and therefore every argument justawkward has made pretty much falls through as afterwards it would be clear she is lying. Post 21 if anyone wants to verify that those dimensions are what she is saying that her actual measurements are. I would be very surprised if she was able to come up with a pic to defend this one.

Old 01-04-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severs View Post
Just out of curiosity, no one has called this out? Pics or it didn't happen and therefore every argument justawkward has made pretty much falls through as afterwards it would be clear she is lying. Post 21 if anyone wants to verify that those dimensions are what she is saying that her actual measurements are. I would be very surprised if she was able to come up with a pic to defend this one.
I've shown photos of myself here lol. I wasn't bluffing. My measurements are 36-22-33. I've shown bikini photos even. I'd even show nude photos if it was allowed.

No one who has seen me ever said I looked that odd just short.

Old 01-04-2015, 03:31 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,970,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justawkward
I've shown photos of myself here lol. I wasn't bluffing. My measurements are 36-22-33. I've shown bikini photos even. I'd even show nude photos if it was allowed.

No one who has seen me ever said I looked that odd just short.
Well? Where are these pics then, because I don't see them.

Old 01-04-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
If the average woman has to wear a corset (an artificial device that can cause harm - and, yes, I've worn both corsets and girdles - the latter VERY briefly because once I put one on I said "the heck with that!" - in order to achieve those dimensions, then those dimensions are, by definition, unrealistic.

Also, if you're reducing your waist by 4 inches with a corset in order to it to appear smaller, honey, let me tell you, you're fooling no one but yourself. And, after all, if the supposed purpose of the deception actually works, you're going to have to take it off and the truth will out, right? I figured that one out when I was 16!
I am confused from what I heard it takes 6 inches of the waist even when you take off the corset. What I don't get is how this is accomplished?

And no I don't wear corsets. I just heard of what they do this morning. I typed in my measurements minus 6 inches 36-16-33 those articles came up and that got me thinking shes not that out of the norm

Last edited by justawkward11; 01-04-2015 at 03:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.