Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 11:07 PM

54 posts, read 86,715 times

Advertisements

say he doesn't have the strong jawline, his nose is big, and his face is round

can this man overcome genetics and become top tier in the looks department?

Old 11-07-2013, 11:23 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,198,781 times
It doesn't matter to most women if a man is handsome. What matters is his projection of gentle masculinity. If you are masculine in a kind and loving way, women will swoon around you. Honest.

The way most men improve their looks is by developing their bodies, and by being well groomed. While you are at it, try developing a kind personality. Honest, this will be most attractive to women.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:05 AM

54 posts, read 86,715 times
what if the man wants to be good looking for the sake of being good looking, to be considered attractive and handsome by society, because he wants to make good looks one of the things strangers describe him by

that is what the focus of this is

Old 11-08-2013, 05:22 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,399,625 times
People can not become handsome or beautiful by artificial means. Surgery can improve your looks, and make you more attractive though. It also might make you look worse.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:10 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,223,227 times
Not for me. I don't and never will shave my chest hair. I like it. I HATE waxing body hair. Feels weird.

I always make it a point to cover myself up completely (cold sensitive), shower regularly, style my hair neatly, and use good cologne+powder+deodorant.

I will let others judge my personality.

I don't want young women to dictate how I should look "sexy". As long as I am clean and hygienic, looks are my preference. I came here from India to strive for success in Aeronautical engineering and find better job opportunities which involve designing modern flight control systems, not for taking beauty advice from random chic's. Unless my job mandates me to shave off body hair, I will not do it.

Bottom Line, maintain your body the way you want and think is handsome. Just remember to be clean and hygienic. That shows determination under criticism. Real women engaged in a relationship expect this skill to be present in men.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 11-08-2013 at 07:42 AM..

Old 11-08-2013, 07:22 AM

22,615 posts, read 47,734,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine The Great View Post
what if the man wants to be good looking for the sake of being good looking, to be considered attractive and handsome by society, because he wants to make good looks one of the things strangers describe him by

that is what the focus of this is

I think that is sad.
So, you are considering extensive plastic surgery.

Surgery will be able to create your idea of handsome, but I am guessing you would still be unhappy...

Old 11-08-2013, 07:25 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,675,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I think that is sad.
So, you are considering extensive plastic surgery.

Surgery will be able to create your idea of handsome, but I am guessing you would still be unhappy...
I also believe that unless a person has serious deformities, they shouldn't be wasting their money on plastic surgery. Instead, invest your money in yourself. Improve your mind by educating it, learning everything you can about everything you can.

Improve your body by eating well, supplementing if you need it, and work out like a fiend.

If you improve your mind and body, everything else will follow.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:34 AM

752 posts, read 1,165,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
It doesn't matter to most women if a man is handsome. What matters is his projection of gentle masculinity. If you are masculine in a kind and loving way, women will swoon around you. Honest.

The way most men improve their looks is by developing their bodies, and by being well groomed. While you are at it, try developing a kind personality. Honest, this will be most attractive to women.
Yeah at body building forums they believe if they have big muscle they are good build. They really believe it. There is tons of comments in stile: “I was ugly. But I have big muscle now and I’m red hot. I do not know why women do not notice it.”.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:01 AM

630 posts, read 1,049,524 times
first of all i wish people would stop trying to speak for all women when they say we don't care about looks. What a bunch of baloney. We may not be as superficial and visual as men but we still have eyes.

second YES you can become good looking through surgery even with a terrible starting point--i have seen proof of this on plastic surgery message boards where usually people have extensive knowledge of procedures and post their before and after pictures. You won't find knowledge of this on city data. But there are surgical procedures that alter your bone structure, jaw implants, rhinoplasty...you just need to find the right surgeon who has LOTS of experience with the specific procedure you're looking for. I would recommend MissJ's Facial Plastic Surgery forum which I would say is probably the most knowledgeable plastic surgery forum on the net and where people post their pictures looking for suggestions on procedures and surgeons who specialize in them.

Check out this gallery which has some pretty miraculous results of people with horrible starting points. These patients had maxfax surgery which is a kind of surgery dealing with the lower half of the face. Some of them had other procedures in conjunction to the max fax:

galleria casi di chirurgia, maxillofacciale, ortognatica, rinoplastica e chirurgia estetica facesurgery

Old 11-08-2013, 09:18 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,489,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine The Great View Post
say he doesn't have the strong jawline, his nose is big, and his face is round

can this man overcome genetics and become top tier in the looks department?
Yes. I would focus on the things I could change. Proper nutrition and diet can make a big difference in ones physical appearance. Next, I would work on improving my image with my attire and how I carry myself. Try not to forget what other skills you have. Women like intelligence and good old fashion manners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.