Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 12:35 PM

25,367 posts, read 11,805,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine The Great View Post
I will agree that there have been some amazing posts on this thread, particularly about getting muscle and plastic surgery. It just sickens me that SO MANY PEOPLE are oblivious to the significantly better treatment good looking people get from society.
Maybe your society or your circle. Everywhere else - honey - money talks the talk:>) The cutest chick will go out with you if you can deliver.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:36 PM

54 posts, read 87,598 times
Well that might be my issue right there then. I am in college right now, a huge university, unfortunately I have two more years left and that is what I usually see here.

Football players and fraternity guys get so many women based on their status. Then you have the pretty boys who get girls based on their looks. After that, you have the very few guys like me who are outgoing and manage to get some women on a lucky night here and there. I have done well despite my lack of looks, very average looking guy here.

What I want is the validation that comes from being good looking, mainly the chance to be a male model for example.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:41 PM

44,252 posts, read 64,794,545 times
Quote:
Let me clear this up. Indian and Asian men can do amazing with foreign women (European and Latin American). It is just that you won't see many American women going crazy for the idea of being with either races.
I was talking mostly about white women in my post.

When did they become the ideal, btw?
Is this really about feeding an inferiority complex?

I know many women who would not touch a jock or frat boy with a ten foot pole.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:47 PM

54 posts, read 87,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I was talking mostly about white women in my post.

When did they become the ideal, btw?
Is this really about feeding an inferiority complex?

I know many women who would not touch a jock or frat boy with a ten foot pole.
If by White you mean White European like French or Italian then ya, those women will date an Asian or Indian no problem. If by White you mean American then I have not known many who were open to going interracial and if it was then the guy was Black or Latino, not Asian or Indian. I have talked to a lot of White girls who are just disgusted by Asians and Indians.

As for jocks and frat boys, those guys will ALWAYS have more than enough women in their lives. Usually attractive too.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:08 PM

25,367 posts, read 11,805,082 times
Quote:
If by White you mean White European like French or Italian then ya, those women will date an Asian or Indian no problem. If by White you mean American then I have not known many who were open to going interracial and if it was then the guy was Black or Latino, not Asian or Indian. I have talked to a lot of White girls who are just disgusted by Asians and Indians.

As for jocks and frat boys, those guys will ALWAYS have more than enough women in their lives. Usually attractive too.
Stan4 - I think I agree with you. A chip the size of Mount Rushmore. "They do not let me play!!!!"

Old 11-09-2013, 01:46 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,624,849 times
The most attractive thing you can do in this case is stop worrying about your facial features, genetics and whatnot.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:24 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,334,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
No, society holds money and status to a much more elevated level than looks.
Speak for yourself, for the most part I could care less about a womans' income, but I definitely have to be attracted to her. The good looking receptionist make 20k or the average/below average Attorney making 80k, Im probably going with the receptionist. I make my own money, and if Im not sexually stimulated by u, that's a problem. I don't care if shes got 50 mil in the bank

Old 11-09-2013, 02:31 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,254,778 times
Quote:
everyone here is so unaware of what goes on in real life

looks dominate all, a reality that all of you should accept
No, no. They really do not. Millions, billions even, of sucessful and happy people are not above average-looking. Unless your features are truly deformed and horrible for others to look at....in which case YES, go get plastic or corrective surgery. And I mean that; if you are deformed or super-ugly to the nth degree....then go for it. Or, unless your definition of successful is limited by people profiled in People magazine or other shallow venues.

But if that were the case I wonder why you are posting to an anonymous online forum for opinions? That's just weird, man. You either go for it, or you don't. Why the *****-footing around? Just freaking do it and quit wondering what other people think....the fact you are even posting this question tells me you are overly concerned about others' opinions and not confident about your own opinion.

Do you trust your gut, or do you not? I am guessing NOT since you're posting here.

My sister is a psychologist and for several years worked for a plastic surgery center (not in the US) and her job for years was to assess people who wanted cosmetic surgery. She deemed the majority of applicants unsuitable: ie they had psych or emotional issues that would NOT be resolved by a new nose, a new chin, or whatever.

Do it, or don't. But the fact that you are getting all emotional and dramatic on here suggests that you're just venting because you feel fundamentally inadequate. And I'd bet that even if you had reconstructive surgery in your quest to become adequate.....

you would still feel fundamentally inadequate.

And you know I am right.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:34 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,334,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Look, I married a guy with a big nose, long face, skinny build, and the kindest eyes in the world. None of the rest mattered.

Well, he does make me laugh.

Maybe your poor attitude toward women has more to do with your lack of success than your looks. Thinking we are nothing but superficial cheaters who will use you? Yeah, that's real attractive. You might be bright but you gratuitously insulted someone who stopped by to help you (really, he's not attractive because he's Indian?)

Get out of the lab or wherever and start treating people with respect and affection. That's more attractive than Ryan Gosling (or whoever) on their best day.

In all fairness, just how good looking are you? Catherine Zeta-Jones category? And also, a fair question, what kind of a living does your husband make?

If he's as bad as u make him out to be, I doubt you looked at him and said "ummm, I want HIM!"

Don't know why everybody is giving the OP a hard time. Nothing wrong with wanting to be considered goodlooking.

And he never said he wanted "extensive" Mickey Rourke, Kenny Rogers type plastic surgery. Just maybe a smaller nose and a lil nip/ tuck on the luv handles never hurt nobody

If some of u are totally satisfied with you physical place in this world, that's on you. But the OP should have a right to want to look better and not be flamed, and not hear a bunch of crap like "its your confidence level" and "society doesn't care about looks" and all that other bull

Who in their right mind wouldn't want to be considered above average looking by traditional American Standards? Lying to yourself if you say you've never cared once in this life

Old 11-09-2013, 02:38 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,594,006 times
Quote:
Most of you idiots cannot read. I did not say this was for attracting women alone, attractive women are more respected.

I don't care if you married a freaking chow chow, don't care about your personal life, I care about reality and it tells me looks matter a lot.

We need to accept that men are harshly judged for their looks and now go to things to improve that situation other than working out.

For some reason women are in heavy denial and bring up nonsense like confidence and me making up stories about society being shallow. Would be great if women who are in touch with reality or men who have life experience talked on this thread, not some dreamers who are in their own little world and think everything is fair.
Idiots??? Seriously? Son, you have more issues than looks. Done here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty