Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 04:42 AM

87 posts, read 134,655 times

Advertisements

Hi, just raised this query, because I need to overcome my acne problem though I don't have much on face, but still want to clear it all. After watching some of the anti acne cream, I decided to go with Proactiv acne, heard a lot about this, but don't know is it true or not, but still if it doesn't work cannot afford it again. will also share the link but guys you also keep sharing what all do you use? http://www.proactiv.in/anti-acne-system.php..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 08:06 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,438,920 times
My face was broken out badly from the age of 12 forward. I tried everything in those days to help clear it up, but nothing worked. Then, at the age of 30, I started using rubbing alcohol to clean my face -- and that worked to stop all the breakouts.

Since then I've been using rubbing alcohol on my face 4-5 times a day. People warned me that my skin would end up looking like old leather -- but, after 35 years, my face is as soft and wrinkle-free as a baby's. I'll be using rubbing alcohol until the day I die.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:00 AM

559 posts, read 1,395,281 times
I really liked AcneFree All-Day Acne Control. It's a leave-on foam. 5% benzoyl peroxide. I think it's been discontinued though. http://www.amazon.com/Acne-Free-Cont...ef=pd_sxp_f_pt

I like PanOxyl products too. Benzoyl peroxide is their active ingredient also. I've used their 10% Acne Foaming Wash. They used to make a 5% bar that I liked but I think they discontinued that. Acne Treatment and Management Products | PanOxyl

I used to use Proactiv. The face wash didn't get my skin clean, so I went through a lot of cotton balls getting dirt off of my skin with the toner. The lotion sort of sat on top of my skin and didn't absorb. I hope you have better luck with it.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:42 PM

4 posts, read 4,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritusen View Post
Hi, just raised this query, because I need to overcome my acne problem though I don't have much on face, but still want to clear it all. After watching some of the anti acne cream, I decided to go with Proactiv acne, heard a lot about this, but don't know is it true or not, but still if it doesn't work cannot afford it again. will also share the link but guys you also keep sharing what all do you use? [URL="http://www.proactiv.in/anti-acne-system.php"]http://www.proactiv.in/anti-acne-system.php..
[/URL]
Murad! Works amazing and the quality is better IMO

Old 04-26-2013, 06:18 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,723,594 times
I used about every acne product you could imagine. Went on and off dermologist prescriptions for almost 10 years. Decided I had enough.... it's been about 6 months and my skin is starting to heal itself (amazing, i know!).

I have really dry/oily sensitive skin. Don't get me wrong, my skin isn't perfect, but its better now that I've layed off of the products!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:03 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
accutane was the miracle cure i took in high school.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:02 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,990,370 times
If it's mild, try using an OTC 2.5% benzoyl cream. Using the 5 or 10%'s tend to be too drying.
The 2.5% can control the breakouts without over drying your skin.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:42 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,478,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himalijagma View Post
first thing you have to do is clean your face 8 to 10 times in a day to remove dust. because dust is a major factor to create an acne. you should also control on oily food. Drink 10 to 12 glasses of water in a day. And use some acne control creams available in the market to control your acne
Please don't do this. In dermatology, the standard is to wash the face twice a day (morning and night). If you wash your face too much, you will dry out your skin which will result in more aggravation and inflammation in the skin. Also, science has been determined that foods do not cause acne, unless you are having an allergic reaction to it.

1. Visit sites like acne.org. They tend to have lots of reviews from acne products. From the reviews I have read, most claim that proactive didn't work or the acne came back after they stopped using the product. Be careful if you are using your debit/credit card to buy the product, because many people claimed when they bought it over the phone and online that way, the company would automatically put their card on a subscription and send them more products and charge them for the products monthly. They had a hard time trying to cancel the subscription even though they called the company. I have heard that the acnefree system is similar (and it is much cheaper). It is at Walgreens, so you can try that.

2. The main ingredient in proactive is benzoyl peroxide, so just only buy a cream at walgreens or walmart.

3. Try a face mask or peel. I use Alba Botanica Papaya Enzyme Face Mask, but you can find other products too. Using this mask weekly has helped me a lot.

4. Right now I'm using
- Any cream or clear cleanser without any beads is okay with me. I have at the moment L'oreal
Revitalift Cream Cleanser and L'oreal 360 Go Clean anti-breakout cleanser.
- I was using L'oreal Hydrafresh toner and Burt's Bees Rosewater toner. Currently I'm using
Everyday Coconut: Coconut Water face toner that I bought at Whole Foods.
- Cerave face moisturizer
- I told you about the Alba Botanica
- I bought the Target brand Up and Up benzoyl peroxide cream. Before I used Zapzyt.

By doing this, my acne isn't gone (I think mine is largely hormonal and will never go away) but it has been reduced.

5. If you can, go to a dermatologist. The doctor may or may not help though. They are soooo expensive.

@ TFW46

I tried using rubbing alcohol on my face. It worked a bit at first, but my skin started looking dull after a while and some acne started to appear. It works well on my pits though, lol.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:52 AM

5,333 posts, read 8,548,159 times
I used to get a lot of acne on my upper chest area. The best product I found was this - Carley's Clear and Smooth Acne Treatment

Reasons I recommend this:

1. very effective at eliminating acne
2. Made in USA
3. All ingredients clearly marked on label; majority of ingredients natural
4. Free shipping in USA
5. No questions asked return policy, no restocking fee, no time limit on returns
6. Hundreds of positive reviews over many years
7. Each bottle comes with large bar of unscented natural soap- and its some of the best soap I've ever used.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:30 AM

13 posts, read 9,681 times
It really all depends on the user. I know many people that swear by it, and then others that searched for years and tried proactive, but it didnt work. http://antiskinproblems.com/truth-about-proactive-reviews/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty