Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Indicate which of the following applies to you.
I do not have any piercings or tattoo's, including my ears. 60 44.78%
I just have my ears pierced. 40 29.85%
My ears are pierced and I have a tattoo/'s. 17 12.69%
I have body piercings and tattoo/'s as well. 17 12.69%
I have scarification. 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 05:38 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,154,499 times

Advertisements

Well...

I have tattoos, some large, some small and one long one. I have no piercings though I have been pierced and I have had metal in me. I've never heard of scarification but I do have a lot of scars, gouges and holes and some parts removed non-medically .... oh and I'm branded too.

[I didn't select an option on the poll]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 05:40 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,107,489 times
I have one piercing in each ear. I generally wear a set of tear-drop shaped yellow gold earrings with a pearl in the round end and a small diamond in the small end. I have no tattoos.

For me, less is more - in most things.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:49 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Well...

I have tattoos, some large, some small and one long one. I have no piercings though I have been pierced and I have had metal in me. I've never heard of scarification but I do have a lot of scars, gouges and holes and some parts removed non-medically .... oh and I'm branded too.

Just put yourself down for tattoos. Close enough.

By the way, is your first name Sodoff? (I'm crossing my fingers you saw that episode.)

Old 06-18-2013, 05:50 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,473,024 times
I have several tattoos (chest, back, arms, one hand) and both my ears pierced. Though, my piercings have healed over.

I may have my ears re-pierced one day and put diamond studs in them maybe. When I entered college I decided I would not allow myself to wear any silver until I got my associate's degree. Which I got. But I've told myself I will not allow myself to wear any gold or diamonds until I get my bachelor's degree. (I've thought of restricting myself to a certain number of carats until I learn a foreign language, gain a black belt, etc.)

I'm male.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:51 PM

664 posts, read 1,036,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Well...

Neither one of us had a choice about those scars. I'd be glad if they could wash off.

That's the difference between an "accident" and "on purpose".

People with tattoos have no one to blame but themselves.

If you think it's hard now, imagine when you are 80 years old and have a 90's tribal tattoo on your saggy arm.

Don't kill the messenger.

Be aware of WHAT you are doing at all times.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:56 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PI2070 View Post
Neither one of us had a choice about those scars. I'd be glad if they could wash off.

If you think it's hard now, imagine when you are 80 years old and have a 90's tribal tattoo on your saggy arm.

My husband has a tattoo on his back. It looks okay and I'm indifferent to it. I've seen aged tattoo's before. It doesn't make skin look better or worse IMO.

I have scars. Not deep ones, but ones down my legs. They were all choices. Ill-conceived choices but a lot of fun.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:04 PM

79 posts, read 85,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
The turn offs thread has me thinking about this. Am I the only person left without tattoo's and piercings?
I had my ears pierced but no tattoos.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:09 PM

245 posts, read 318,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PI2070 View Post

I fully intend to look fantastic at 80.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:10 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,473,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm working on a sleeve on my left arm and will eventually have the top half of my back done as well. I was throwing around the idea of getting a sleeve down on my right arm...but that will wait.
I should probably get some sleeves one day, or half sleeves, or three-quarter sleeves. I was going to get 3 battleship guns facing forward, on my stomach, and a 6 point star made of bullets on the other side of my chest, but I decided against it.

I always liked one of the Outlaw Motorcycle Club's insignia, the one with the revolver's barrel facing forward. To bad I can't get that one (or can but don't want the negative consequence of it). Maybe I should asks someone to tweak it out in a different way?

I probably won't do the face though. I almost came close once.

I have no idea what this German song is saying but that's revolver insignia I'm talking about.

Support your local Outlaws - YouTube

Old 06-18-2013, 06:13 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
I fully intend to look fantastic at 80.
My plan too!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty