Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Indicate which of the following applies to you.
I do not have any piercings or tattoo's, including my ears. 60 44.78%
I just have my ears pierced. 40 29.85%
My ears are pierced and I have a tattoo/'s. 17 12.69%
I have body piercings and tattoo/'s as well. 17 12.69%
I have scarification. 0 0%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 05:20 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,939,377 times

Advertisements

Well, I'm tattooed and have been pierced in the past, and the one thing I regret is having allowed my tongue piercing to close...the longer you wear a barbell through your tongue, the more permanent it feels. Once it's gone, you kinda feel like you've lost a tooth or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 10:12 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,851 times
I only have my ear pierced but they have closed because I don't wear earrings. I recall growing up my group of friends all got tattoos and piercings but I did not. I always felt for myself I may change my mind of what I like as I get older. I have seen some very beautiful tattoos on people but for myself it is just not my taste. Also probably some has to do with no one in my immediate family has any.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:20 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
I didn't get a tattoo until I was well into adulthood...I decided I would consider my design of choice for five years, and if it still seemed appealing at that point, I'd get it. Worked out well.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:27 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,502,785 times
I like the fact that I don't have tattoos - it makes me stand out in the crowd and look different then others because in the area I live in most people have tattoos - even little old ladies have them!

Old 06-21-2013, 11:28 PM

318 posts, read 625,952 times
I'm a girl, and I only have one piercing in each ear. I won't be getting anymore piercings, and definitely no tattoos.

I don't have anything against people with unconventional piercings and tattoos, but I could never get them myself; I'm a pretty conservative person, with dreams of having a corporate job one day so that wouldn't fly too well, aha. I'd also want my boyfriend not to have any piercings or tattoos as well.

Old 06-22-2013, 07:35 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohsocool View Post
I'm a girl, and I only have one piercing in each ear. I won't be getting anymore piercings, and definitely no tattoos.

I don't have anything against people with unconventional piercings and tattoos, but I could never get them myself; I'm a pretty conservative person, with dreams of having a corporate job one day so that wouldn't fly too well, aha. I'd also want my boyfriend not to have any piercings or tattoos as well.
Having a tattoo certainly doesn't prevent you from getting a corporate job. Unless it is on your hands or face they don't have to know about it.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:31 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Neither of my tattoos is visible when I am wearing business attire. I have no real interest in work that requires conservative and/or business attire, but if I did, nobody would know the difference.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:06 AM

2,793 posts, read 4,070,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLay36 View Post
Dr. Numb will get you through your first large piece, it got me through 20 hours on the table for my back.

Also, someone had talked about "bad" stereotype..that's just silly. I'm a VP for a major financial institution and over half of my body is inked. It's just expression, nothing more, nothing less.
20 hours? Oh gawd, I hope it won't take that long. Who knows I have yet to decide on which item I want. Ugh! I need to decide. Consult is next weekend.

Besides, I thought that people didn't use numbing stuff when they got tats. You mean they do???!!!

I don't get the stereotype either. But everyone sees me as this sweet innocent woman. So they don't think I do anything "bad"....whatever that is. Heck, they can't believe who I'm dating, cuz he kinda looks like a bad boy....and yet, not a drop of ink on him. So stupid, isn't it? Take off everyone's suits and I bet you many of them are inked....we just don't see it.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:11 AM

2,793 posts, read 4,070,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
For the people who are always saying that most people these days have tattoos, take a look at the poll results.
Actually the poll doesn't include "tattoos only, no piercings", so it's not realistic in that sense. Because how many people may have tattoos, but no piercings (that describes a handful of people I know)? It could actually be more than "no tattoos and no piercings". We don't know.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:35 AM

782 posts, read 1,105,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
Actually the poll doesn't include "tattoos only, no piercings", so it's not realistic in that sense. Because how many people may have tattoos, but no piercings (that describes a handful of people I know)? It could actually be more than "no tattoos and no piercings". We don't know.
Yup, you are not the first person to make that comment, and I am now at least the third. And if three of us make the effort to comment on it I guarantee that there are many more who just skipped the voting without commenting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty