Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2012, 01:21 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,405,038 times

Advertisements

I don't like it. With that said, My son is pretty tall and slim, and I think jeans on him look best a bit relaxed and laying low on his hips.

He has a couple pair like that but the others are a little higher and he always has on a belt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 01:29 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,405,038 times
Seriously I can't read this whole thread. People are going to wear what people wear. I don't like the look of being able to see someones whole ass in their underwear with their pants down, but it is really funny when they are trying to walk up a set of stairs and keep their cool.

There is another thread about boot cut jeans not being in style. I am in trouble because the only kind I wear are but cuts and straight legs.

This thread reminds me of somebodies grandma telling them to GO GET A BELT!

Old 10-10-2012, 01:31 PM

861 posts, read 1,251,506 times
I cannot think of another thing in the history of fashion that intentionally requires the constant struggle with gravity, save for a woman's strapless dress. And speaking for myself, I'd rather look at a woman's cleavage that some guy's butt crack.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:33 PM

384 posts, read 435,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville1 View Post
I cannot think of another thing in the history of fashion that intentionally requires the constant struggle with gravity, save for a woman's strapless dress. And speaking for myself, I'd rather look at a woman's cleavage that some guy's butt crack.
Well, it depends.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:37 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,354,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
A tie is a fashion accessory. Pants arent. Saggy jeans surely isnt considered a "fashion accessory". Its a fashion fad that looks hysterically hideous. I actually dont mind seeing it as it gives me a good laugh on my way to/from work while riding the subway here in NYC. I pray for the day for one of these idiots to start trouble or pick a fight with me. I'd probably die laughing watching him try to form a fighting stance with his pants around his thighs.
Pants are fashion accesories. If they weren't, there would not be so many styles, labels, colors, brands etc.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Nawh you can't compare this "style" to zoot suits or the Teddy Boy look or the greaser- They all wore belts...a waste band went around your waste - not your ass. For god's sake you are walking around like an infant with your diaper falling off....They are pants not diapers...Have you ever seen one of these guys try to run? They look ridiculous. They may as well get real long big socks and walk around with an extra foot of material hanging off your toes....What does this style signify? To me the statement is - I am poor- uneducated...not very intelligent and I am proud of being stupid.
As many insults as you can ply to saggy pants, people have to the styles I listed. Being a teddy boy signified being poor and from the "bad" part of town in England.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentmum View Post
Who's thinking for others? I said I cant speak for other women. That translates as "this is my opinion". What part of the sentence didn't you understand? Think someone needs a hobby outside of trying to second guess the meaning of a sentence.
LOL Yes, that's what you did - merely state your opinion for yourself.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville1 View Post
There have been many fashion trends through out the ages that impeded breathing, movement, safety, etc. Saggy pants are the least of them, trust me.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:49 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,598,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Pants are fashion accesories. If they weren't, there would not be so many styles, labels, colors, brands etc.
Maybe you need to look up the definition for accessory. :A fashion accessory is an item which is used to contribute, in a secondary manner.

A hat, cufflinks, scarf, etc.. are all fashion accessories. Things like pants and shirts arent considered accessories.

Old 10-10-2012, 04:16 PM

18,951 posts, read 11,615,465 times
Oh good lord. Usually I don't really care what others wear - although, if asked, I do have opinions about what is more or less flattering. This saggy pants trend is an exception, though. Every time I see it I think how totally idiotic it looks. It's also gross when some guys wear them so low that their entire butt is hanging out of their jeans. It's practically cringe-worthy to imagine sitting on a couch, bus seat, or restaurant booth where his skanky almost bare butt just was.

My mom (80s) did a hilarious, pee-your-pants funny imitation of my cousin who still wears his pants that way (in his 20s). This happened when he was a teen and the mere memory of that moment still sends us into paroxysms of laughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty