Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 05:42 PM

29,764 posts, read 34,480,082 times

Advertisements

There have been a few times when I've rushed out the door in the morning without putting makeup on, and without fail the general response of friends and coworkers is, "rough night?" or "are you coming down with something?" Unlike when I've got my normal daily makeup on and people say that I've got pretty eyes or a nice smile whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 05:43 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,840,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
This forum is not really an accurate reflection of the real world. Everyone is so PC around here. "Oh a few blemishes is okay". BS. Unless you are a woman, and know firsthand how cruel society can be to those who have uneven skin tone, blemishes, and other imperfections..it's best to keep quiet.

Instead of trying to influence all women to not wear makeup why not just seek out women who have flawless eventone skin and leave everybody else alone? Ok?
Good Lord...give me a break--- if you are worried about how cruel society can be..maybe you are giving to much credit to the idiots..why would you let a few stupid people have a negative effect on you? Anyone who is nasty when it comes to somebody else's minor imperfections is not a person worth listening too. No person is flawless or has even skin tone...It depends on your state of health...a woman with perfect skin and tone..on month might have horrible tone the next - humans are not machines..we change with the seasons...

The person you look up too thinking they are perfect might look haggard and worn down at another time...no one stays perfect eternally...

It's about health- hydrate- eat properly - rest- bath..and have a positive attitude and you will glow.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:43 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,125,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Nope....I am the shorter of all my brothers...5 foot 10...they are all six two..I got an infection in my knees when I was younger...My son looks at me and laughs saying my upper body did not match the length of my legs...My stature was not perfect...BUT- as a young guy I had a good face- pale blue greenish eyes and bright blonde hair...no one noticed that I might appear a little stubby...cos's they were spell bound by my great upper looks...lol...

Some of the most wonderful woman that I knew were not strikingly beautiful...but they had a character beauty...my mother summed it up nicely when she would comment "She is a very INTERESTING woman"...Character is everything...My first love was such an energetic adventurous young woman that you did not see her imperfections- all you saw was this great vibrant spirit as she approached...You could not help but love and admire her.
Good for you

But it's not your place to try to influence women to not wear makeup just because you don't like it. It's really a personal decision. If you have that much of a problem with makeup, date women who wear their bare face and leave makeup wearers alone. Personally, I like it when women wear makeup. I love how the vibrant and exciting colors help to intensify a woman's appearance. Being natural is great too but it can be boring. But I'm not going to try to influence every bare faced woman to use MAC because I prefer a more made up and polished look. It's not my place

Old 10-05-2012, 05:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,664,232 times
Considering how much more attention one will get when wearing makeup (even thick, cakey makeup) I can understand why most women wear it. I was also told by my boss at my last job that I'd be taken more seriously if I spent more time on my looks (i.e. wear makeup and style my hair) and I was a mechanic in a private shop. I was barked at by a manager when I was in my early 20s because I showed up at a store meeting without makeup on. I've also been asked more times than I can remember if I was 'sick, under the weather, had cancer, let myself go' and many MANY more things when I showed up without wearing at least a bit of makeup. Wearing makeup to look 'nicer' shielded me from many negative comments and to me, that's worth it.

I consider myself extremely lucky because I had horribly cystic acne growing up and one day it decided to disappear without leaving any scars on my face/neck/chest. I have nearly flawless skin now but it's still not enough for most people. I rarely wear makeup anymore, and it's usually just a bit of dark brown mascara and a bit of liner on my eyebrows. Luckily I think I'm old enough now where people dismiss me regardless of makeup application.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Good Lord...give me a break--- if you are worried about how cruel society can be..maybe you are giving to much credit to the idiots..why would you let a few stupid people have a negative effect on you? Anyone who is nasty when it comes to somebody else's minor imperfections is not a person worth listening too. No person is flawless or has even skin tone...It depends on your state of health...a woman with perfect skin and tone..on month might have horrible tone the next - humans are not machines..we change with the seasons...

The person you look up too thinking they are perfect might look haggard and worn down at another time...no one stays perfect eternally...

It's about health- hydrate- eat properly - rest- bath..and have a positive attitude and you will glow.
The bolded is BS. Some women are ugly and no matter what they do they will never 'glow'. It's a sad fact of life that confidence, hydration and diet can only do so much. I've known plenty of women who are happy, confident, healthy etc. but are still mocked or completely ignored because they don't fit societies mold of what is attractive.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:

again, you don't own women and its not your god given right to control how they should react and cope with society's perception of us

Old 10-05-2012, 05:51 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,711,086 times
It is bad. A lot of them just end up looking like drag queens. It's that overdone. Although, look at popular figures, like that trashy hag, Snooki. That look seems to be a big thing. It's often accompanied by public drama and excessive biatchyness too.

I'd try to find different places to hang out because it's not like that everywhere. Most clubs are a masquerade.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
The bolded is BS. Some women are ugly and no matter what they do they will never 'glow'. It's a sad fact of life that confidence, hydration and diet can only do so much. I've known plenty of women who are happy, confident, healthy etc. but are still mocked or completely ignored because they don't fit societies mold of what is attractive.
lol true. I have a few minor imperfections that I like to cover up. Most of my face is good but I have blemishes on my forehead that I LIKE to cover up. I don't want to accept them. and I don't want anyone else telling me to either.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
It is bad. A lot of them just end up looking like drag queens. It's that overdone. Although, look at popular figures, like that trashy hag, Snooki. That look seems to be a big thing. It's often accompanied by public drama and excessive biatchyness too.

I'd try to find different places to hang out because it's not like that everywhere. Most clubs are a masquerade.
And yet, those are the ones who are in relationships, who get boyfriends and have families.

Crazy how that works. It's amazing how my 'drama queen' friends are rarely single.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:02 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,840,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Good for you

But it's not your place to try to influence women to not wear makeup just because you don't like it. It's really a personal decision. If you have that much of a problem with makeup, date women who wear their bare face and leave makeup wearers alone. Personally, I like it when women wear makeup. I love how the vibrant and exciting colors help to intensify a woman's appearance. Being natural is great too but it can be boring. But I'm not going to try to influence every bare faced woman to use MAC because I prefer a more made up and polished look. It's not my place
There is nothing wrong with getting "dolled up" - When this happens the guy knows it's a special occasion..but if the woman hides her face in the morning...because she does not have make up on..well that can be a bit self absorbed...

Having sat in a make up chair in the movie industry...some make up artists can make you look great...others will make you look like a plastic doll...so I guess it might be how talented you are- doing your own...some woman might have an artistic flair and be good with color and design..others might be like bad artists...Not against make up - but it has to be done right...just having it on is not enough...personally- I think a woman in the morning with messy hair- running mascara ...and bad breath is kind of sexy. It's intimate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty