Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 05:07 PM

107 posts, read 167,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Being caked up as if your were wet down and rolled in flour looks bad..young woman if they so much as have a slight blemish think that they are rendered unattractive- a real beauty does not need a drop of make up- try it sometimes- You may be better looking than you know!
I am proud to say that I am a 28 year old woman who doesn't wear makeup anymore. I find it to be so much more convenient then when I did wear it. Plus, I'm made in perfect image by God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 05:12 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
I grew up in a makeup avoiding family, on all sides. :P

I figured out, when I wear makeup I am perceived a lot differently than when I am makeup free.

Makeup can help me look polished, older, well-rested, away, younger and any number of transformations. It is a valuable tool for your toolkit.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:12 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Not everybody is born perfect.
Nope....I am the shorter of all my brothers...5 foot 10...they are all six two..I got an infection in my knees when I was younger...My son looks at me and laughs saying my upper body did not match the length of my legs...My stature was not perfect...BUT- as a young guy I had a good face- pale blue greenish eyes and bright blonde hair...no one noticed that I might appear a little stubby...cos's they were spell bound by my great upper looks...lol...

Some of the most wonderful woman that I knew were not strikingly beautiful...but they had a character beauty...my mother summed it up nicely when she would comment "She is a very INTERESTING woman"...Character is everything...My first love was such an energetic adventurous young woman that you did not see her imperfections- all you saw was this great vibrant spirit as she approached...You could not help but love and admire her.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy'sWife View Post
I am proud to say that I am a 28 year old woman who doesn't wear makeup anymore. I find it to be so much more convenient then when I did wear it. Plus, I'm made in perfect image by God.
Funny you say that...I have seen woman who wear no make up and never have- and people comment on what great make up they are wearing- I admired you immediately when you said you did not wear make up...and I sensed beauty immediately also...Yes- you are perfect...God creates perfections- Humans imagine the flaws.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:20 PM

1,458 posts, read 2,660,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post

Besides when men say they prefer women to wear no makeup they are usually referring to beautiful women who are flawless...they are not talking about the average woman who has minor or major pigmentation issues. That's why I call BS on this because its never sincere or genuine.
You are mistaken.

Unless we are talking out-and-out pizza face, some blemishes and uneven skintone on clean, moist skin is more attractive than the contents of a bottle.

Most women are not stunners, Nyanna. But most don't have quite such massive hangups, either.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:32 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,122,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
You are mistaken.

Unless we are talking out-and-out pizza face, some blemishes and uneven skintone on clean, moist skin is more attractive than the contents of a bottle.

Most women are not stunners, Nyanna. But most don't have quite such massive hangups, either.
This forum is not really an accurate reflection of the real world. Everyone is so PC around here. "Oh a few blemishes is okay". BS. Unless you are a woman, and know firsthand how cruel society can be to those who have uneven skin tone, blemishes, and other imperfections..it's best to keep quiet.

Instead of trying to influence all women to not wear makeup why not just seek out women who have flawless eventone skin and leave everybody else alone? Ok?

Old 10-05-2012, 05:35 PM

Make up has gotten to be such a huge industry- advertisers have taken the propaganda to the point that unless you wear their product you are going to be unattractive- It has gotten to the point were make up now COVERS UP THE NATURAL BEAUTY YOU HAVE... It has become a scam that preys upon the insecurities of young and older woman..the insecurities that were created by the companies that make make up...You do not need it...there is nothing like the honest pure face of a woman.... Tattoos are another matter...what I have notice with highly visible sleeve and shoulder tattoos- is that woman who are homely seem to be getting them...

It is as if they spend 3000 bucks on tats that people will not look at their face as much and more at the tats - creating an illusion of beauty...I saw a few of these chicks recently...all I thought was ---- So you got tats ...so people would not look as closely at you but more closely at the body art......It is obvious...just like pan cake make up hiding minor acne scars...it obvious what you are hiding...be YOU- You have no choice.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:39 PM

50,330 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Some day if you get that person you want you are going to have to face them without it. Sooner or later. I've seen some with so much on I swear if they hit the brakes too fast it would fall off like a hockey mask.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:39 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,955,040 times
I have freckles and my skin tone is uneven. No, I don't wear makeup.

Ask me if I give a about how other's may perceive my 'imperfections'.

I don't lose sleep on whether or not other's wear makeup.

Last edited by Pikake; 10-05-2012 at 05:54 PM..

Old 10-05-2012, 05:41 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,510,557 times
The more unattractive the women, the more chemical she will need to look better and compete with real beautiful women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty