Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 04:45 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The imperfections exist only in the imagination.
Not everybody is born perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 04:46 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Fashion and Hollywood have set the standards for "beauty" and most people agree with their taste. Wearing makeup is a worldwide custom and has an ancient roots. However many women have a bad taste and lack of knowledge how to apply makeup and still look naturally.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:46 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I know what you mean - many lay it on WAY too thick.

Sadly, a lot of young women have never been taught how to use makeup properly.

The best makeup job is the one that is so subtle as to leave you with a natural look that enhances your features but that no one really even notices.

I absolutely agree and it is frightening that the commercials push so much make up use and all the celebrities and models wear so much. No one is flawless, me included and if I wear make up at all it is a very special occassion and it is minimal so it does look very natural and subdued. The same with fragrance, I do not wear fragrance very often and when it do it is slight and you really have to be close to me to actually smell it. Too much of a good thing is just too much of something.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:50 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
And for the ones who aren't a real natural beauty..what do you suggest they do?
First there is no such thing as an ugly human being...well - most of the ugly does seep out through from the inside..Be positive and love people...Let the light shine...I knew a man once and he was not that tall or impressive- but when he carried himself in public he appeared to be six foot six-- it is how you carry your self...YOU know those days when you wake up feeling good...and look in the mirror and give yourself a compliment...have more of those days...besides the ideas of female beauty change every ten years...most of the made up Hollywood stars are not good looking or natural beauties...

Okay- if you want use just a touch of make up...don't plaster the stuff on like you are hiding and come off looking like a 70s drag queen...be tasteful...as for hair...stick to your natural color...it usually suits you the best..Rest well- don't over indulge in alcohol- it will dry you out...above all keep the spirit high-everyone loves an angel.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:52 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
What do you mean why? Some women have blemishes from acne scarring, uneven skin tone, etc that they want to cover up. Not everyone is born with perfect, clear even tone skin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlbr View Post
Why cover it up?
Self esteem, professional look ... women want to look beautiful, some need a little help.

Men don't wear make up ( well, most of them ) but they try to improve their look by working out, having a trendy hair cut, shaving facial hair.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:57 PM

If you are attempting to cover up little blemishes or old pimple scars...It you plaster make up on all people think when they look at you is - she had bad acne and has some scaring and she is trying to cover it up...It will show no matter what- and what's wrong with some character marks anyway...if your face is fairly well formed -smart men will not see the scars..they will only see the good looking face...would I as a young guy be turned off by a beautiful face with a few marks? No way- cos's I go for the beauty...smart guys will not see what you believe are imperfections...You are what you are....There is an old saying- when the eyes are dark it goes right through the whole soul...Keep your eyes bright..they are what people see...people fall in love with you...not your skin.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
First there is no such thing as an ugly human being...well - most of the ugly does seep out through from the inside..Be positive and love people...Let the light shine...I knew a man once and he was not that tall or impressive- but when he carried himself in public he appeared to be six foot six-- it is how you carry your self...YOU know those days when you wake up feeling good...and look in the mirror and give yourself a compliment...have more of those days...besides the ideas of female beauty change every ten years...most of the made up Hollywood stars are not good looking or natural beauties...

Okay- if you want use just a touch of make up...don't plaster the stuff on like you are hiding and come off looking like a 70s drag queen...be tasteful...as for hair...stick to your natural color...it usually suits you the best..Rest well- don't over indulge in alcohol- it will dry you out...above all keep the spirit high-everyone loves an angel.
I don't like men dictating how a woman should look by setting guidelines on how much makeup she should wear or what her natural hair color should be. It's almost as if you think you OWN women and its your god given right to tell us what to do. Some women wear makeup because there are visible imperfections that they want (or need in some cases) to cover up. Being able to cover up flaws can make a world of difference in how others perceive you and how good you feel about yourself.

Besides when men say they prefer women to wear no makeup they are usually referring to beautiful women who are flawless...they are not talking about the average woman who has minor or major pigmentation issues. That's why I call BS on this because its never sincere or genuine.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
If you are attempting to cover up little blemishes or old pimple scars...It you plaster make up on all people think when they look at you is - she had bad acne and has some scaring and she is trying to cover it up...It will show no matter what- and what's wrong with some character marks anyway...if your face is fairly well formed -smart men will not see the scars..they will only see the good looking face...would I as a young guy be turned off by a beautiful face with a few marks? No way- cos's I go for the beauty...smart guys will not see what you believe are imperfections...You are what you are....There is an old saying- when the eyes are dark it goes right through the whole soul...Keep your eyes bright..they are what people see...people fall in love with you...not your skin.
You really don't know what you're talking about. Makeup has come along way. There's all types of makeup, concealers and airbrushes that covers up blemishes and acne scarring beautifully.

And even if you could tell that a woman is trying to cover up blemishes with makeup so what? I certainly wouldn't blame her.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Self esteem, professional look ... women want to look beautiful, some need a little help.

Men don't wear make up ( well, most of them ) but they try to improve their look by working out, having a trendy hair cut, shaving facial hair.
"Some need a little help"? Sounds like someone selling make up...a good looking man does not have to work out,,, a six pack stomach does not constitute good looks--If you are looking at the body and think that is the person you are not going to choose wisely."trendy hair cut" ? Keep it simple and classic...facial hair? When you are a young guy it takes a lot of careful grooming to keep it looking good..or a pro to do it for you- I recently gave up trying to look cool by trimming- I am old and going full beard...good luck folks and be happy for what you have.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
"Some need a little help"? Sounds like someone selling make up...a good looking man does not have to work out,,, a six pack stomach does not constitute good looks--If you are looking at the body and think that is the person you are not going to choose wisely."trendy hair cut" ? Keep it simple and classic...facial hair? When you are a young guy it takes a lot of careful grooming to keep it looking good..or a pro to do it for you- I recently gave up trying to look cool by trimming- I am old and going full beard...good luck folks and be happy for what you have.
Not every young person is flawless with great genetics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty