Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 04:12 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,324,365 times

Advertisements

I love seeing beautiful women with or without tattoos

a little more if they have tattoos though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 05:26 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,175,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I love seeing beautiful women with or without tattoos

a little more if they have tattoos though
I would have to agree with that.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:37 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,387,829 times
In the years past, I did not really like the look of women with tattoos, but that was when they were getting a rose on their chest or a small tattoo on the back or hip.

Now, I suppose it is more acceptable, to some, and the tattoos are much more intricate.

Now, I actually love seeing women with sleeves, etc, as long as they were done right.

I was wanting mine to be a half sleeve, but it didn't turn out that way, it is kinda big though.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:30 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,160,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
@birdinmigration, I am not looking for an argument, but an answer.
I think you actually are looking for an argument, the evidence being your inability to accept the reasons that people have posted here for not particularly liking tattoos and doggedly trying to prove them wrong.

If you were just looking for an answer, you would say "Huh, that's interesting. Thank you for your opinion." But you continue to argue your points to an endless degree.

This has nothing to do with having tattoos (unless it's another attention-getter), does it?

Old 09-29-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
I think you actually are looking for an argument, the evidence being your inability to accept the reasons that people have posted here for not particularly liking tattoos and doggedly trying to prove them wrong.

If you were just looking for an answer, you would say "Huh, that's interesting. Thank you for your opinion." But you continue to argue your points to an endless degree.

This has nothing to do with having tattoos (unless it's another attention-getter), does it?
There are no real reasons being given in my opinion. People are basically just trying to degrade people with tattoos, calling them names, and making assumptions. They are not giving true reasons.

Now just a minute ago I thought of these threads going on because I was saying something to my SO about hickeys. I can't stand to see a hickey on someone. It just does not look good. What I said after that was, "I guess that's how people who don't like tattoos feel when they see them."

I am not looking for an argument and if you will notice the name of my thread, it is, "Behavior towards tattoos."

In the other thread about tattoos and maybe this one, I am not certain, they are basically saying people with tattoos are people in prison, people that do drugs, people who are promiscuous, etc.

Well, I am none of those things and it is still not a reason WHY they show such negative behavior towards people with tattoos, and that is my question.

What do you mean, another attention getter?

Old 09-29-2012, 09:33 AM

^^^^^^Can you believe I actually wore long sleeves today to breakfast? Pikantari wasn't out begging for attention again, can you believe it?^^^^^^^^

Old 12-08-2012, 05:55 PM

9,540 posts, read 16,543,612 times
I just have a few questions about tatoos or body art, because I'm more curious about some things I have seen lately. One is I saw an employer at a part time job specify no visible tatoos. So all these younger men came in with bandages on thier necks. I honestly thought they all cut themself shaving. I thought how strange so many of them with cut necks. When they all started sharing tatoo stories. Then the explanation was given for the bandages.

So my question is this. This was just a mediocre part time job. So I'm assuming a much more technical high paying career job, could be off limits for many people with numerous tatoos. So is employment limited for people covered with tatoos or is it opening up more now?

My 2nd question is in regards to seeing many people with full body art on them, not just a few tatoos. The gym I go to seems to have a high percentage of its clientelle that fit that description. More and more every week. Its a neighborhood gym and not crowded, so you see the same people all the time. My instinct is to say hi or nod a hello but the vibe is cold. I notice its colder than any gym I have ever worked out in. I don't want to be judgemental or rude about it, but I feel the people with all the tatoos/body art seem rather cold and unfriendly, to most any person that is not like them. Maybe I'm wrong but it looks that way. Places have a vibe and people have instincts. Gyms are where you go to workout at and not socialize for many of us, but this is something else. There is like this superiority that comes off with them.

So my question is do people with full body art, men, woman both. Are they more prone to give off that type of vibe, and basically only acknowledge people like them. Even if its just the ususal hello, that humans say when they see the same people over and over in uncrowded places.

I don't want to form an impression but I'm wondering. Are many of these people sort of living outside of society when they cover their entire body in tatoos. If employment is difficult to find. If people sense a lack of friendliness. I was reading a story where an apt would not rent to a man, that even tatooed his entire face. Then what is real reason for all the body art. I don't understand and you can't blame people for being curious. Where we see it so much now in every day life.

Last edited by Jimrob1; 12-08-2012 at 06:05 PM..

Old 12-08-2012, 06:14 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,846,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
So my question is this. This was just a mediocre part time job. So I'm assuming a much more technical high paying career job, could be off limits for many people with numerous tatoos. So is employment limited for people covered with tatoos or is it opening up more now?

The opposite actually, even the FBI does not care about tattoos. The higher paying jobs are higher paying because the focus is on skills, and the skills are in demand hence the high pay. The more specialized/high demand skills a job has, the less focus there is on non job related garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
So my question is do people with full body art, men, woman both. Are they more prone to give off that type of vibe, and basically only acknowledge people like them. Even if its just the ususal hello, that humans say when they see the same people over and over in uncrowded places.

Never encountered this, and I have been to gyms all over the US.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:17 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,822,244 times
Someone I don't care about getting a tattoo doesn't bother me.
Someone I don't care about committing suicide doesn't bother me.

Tattoos and suicide aren't for me.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:21 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,112,318 times
I don't spend much time thinking about them. I don't plan to ever get one, I wouldn't want something that permanent on me. Whatever floats your boats. On a partner, aside from maybe something small not a fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty