Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2012, 02:38 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,573,727 times

Advertisements

I realise how unoriginal this sounds but you're stunning and if it's all natural (just wow), do think it over before modifying, or let them be minor changes because, really, I don't think they will make you look better, or "more perfect" whatever that means. Besides, sometimes surgeons mess up and the results are not nearly as good as expected.

Back to your original concern, if you're worried that your social life is going downhill and as some have suggested, why not visit a therapist? Additionally, I'm sure if will be very useful to talk to somebody who knows about these things as you're about to get some dramatic procedures done.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:40 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,330,550 times
I feel very strongly that confidence in your looks is very over valued in society. I feel that it is drilled into people's heads that they should be content with every single part of their faces and bodies or they are somewhat flawed and need to sit in a psychiatrist's chair. Self esteem is like the holy grail in today's society. You'd rather be called ugly than have it said your self esteem isn't up to par. I wholeheartedly reject that. Studies show that people with "average" self esteem over estimate their level of attractiveness AND their skill set to others. This is what's valued in society, thinking that you're better than others without any grounds to base it on.

I feel I love myself enough to make myself better in every way, physically, mentally, etc...and make no apologies. I hope that I'm harder on myself than the average person. Nothing steels you for what you will face in life like keeping it real with yourself 24/7, and I'm not just talking about your appearance. You have to face all facets of life with the same mentality.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:41 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,012,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
This is weird, and hard to describe to other people...but I've completely lost interest in sex and dating in the past two months.

I've always loved men and constantly going out on dates, in fact I've been teased by friends and family members because I always seem to be meeting a different man and my life is always rapidly changing.

In April, I decided that I was going to go on a cosmetic journey, and get several procedures I've always wanted, jaw reduction, breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, and liposuction...now that I can somewhat afford it. The thing is, though, working for it, researching on it, and spending time on cosmetic surgery forums has nearly completely swallowed up my life. I don't go out with friends anymore, and I do not date or hook up.

I don't know what it is. Partially it is exhaustion from working so much, but mostly because I really think I cannot enjoy being with anyone until everything feels...perfect. I completely blow off anyone who tries to talk to me whether I'm interested or not, and I went from having a pretty high sex drive to one that is completely non-existent. For the first time in my life since being sexually active I can say I have zero interest in having sex with anyone.

For a minute I thought I might be slightly depressed, but that's really not true. I have a lot of energy...for working, reading up on my procedures, planning dates and consultations, just not much energy for anything else.

Now I'm kind of worried as this process will take a while (jaw reduction and augmentation, what I call rounds 1 and 2 will be done in 2 weeks, but rhinoplasty and lipo plans may drag on til November), and all this time I will have cheated myself out of opportunities to meet people and enjoy myself. But it's not an option not to do these things.

I'm thinking maybe a forced hold up between my augmentation and rhinoplasty where I make myself go out and date will be helpful, but part of me doesn't want to wait and drag on this process.
Sounds to me like you have the same weird cosmetic addiction as "JACKO". Let us all know when you start wearing one white glove.....

And, the lost interest in sex.... Mod cut: Personal attack.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-30-2012 at 11:10 AM..

Old 06-30-2012, 05:35 AM

4,001 posts, read 6,310,973 times
Quote:
I worried about that initially, JJ, but I realize I'm exhausted with this whole process and the only thing paid for and fully planned are my breasts and my jaw. It's been 2 months and I'm already tired of this with my rhinoplasty and lipo to go by November. I have my rhinoplasty consult on the 9th and seriously I'm over it, just trying to weather this process out for the feeling of accomplishment.
Wow...so why are you putting yourself through this again? Especially when you were "already happy" with your body and face?

I'd hate to see the effect doing something you DON'T want to do would have on you, if something you DO want makes you so exhausted and wrung out...you may die.

Old 06-30-2012, 05:44 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,908,112 times
Quote:
That's like impossible for me. The first thing I do when I wake up is check my multiple plastic surgery forums. Then I check my email which gives me updates on plastic surgery news. When I youtube I check out plastic surgery network. I know this is temporary because I have an obssessive personality and have been temporarily obsessed with many, many, many other things, I just know I need to get round 2 out of the way to get back to my normal life.
Sorry my friend..hate to break it too you- but you do not have a life that you can consider normal. I suggest you stop with this foolishness and start being a real person doing real things- The mirror is not the real world..Go outside..make real friends- do some good..have a dream that is more than vanity...Your existence is vain and all you do is based around that vanity- It's good that you have finally got some self esteem- move forward- Do something with those looks that is a benefit to society- You have to have a purpose----------------------------* A real goal driven by a dream -

At this point people of worth and substance do not respect you because you really do not empower or respect your self.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:42 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,708,222 times
Look at me. Look at me. Look at me.

That is all I hear here. Yes you have touched many boobs and thought they were great but you are not a guy. If you want clown boobs go for it. I think it looks silly hence the term "clown boobs". Thank God for my wife.

Yes, you love yourself but good luck finding somebody to love you as much as you love yourself.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:22 AM

37,918 posts, read 46,623,852 times
Quote:
That's like impossible for me. The first thing I do when I wake up is check my multiple plastic surgery forums. Then I check my email which gives me updates on plastic surgery news. When I youtube I check out plastic surgery network. I know this is temporary because I have an obssessive personality and have been temporarily obsessed with many, many, many other things, I just know I need to get round 2 out of the way to get back to my normal life.
Mod cut: Inappropriate language.

I just checked your pics, and you are really planning to have a breast AUGMENTATION? You know that you will be a freak, right?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-30-2012 at 11:13 AM..

Old 06-30-2012, 08:30 AM

37,918 posts, read 46,623,852 times
Quote:
I feel very strongly that confidence in your looks is very over valued in society.
Ah...no. Confidence in YOURSELF is where it's at. Looks are only a part of the package.

Quote:
I feel that it is drilled into people's heads that they should be content with every single part of their faces and bodies or they are somewhat flawed and need to sit in a psychiatrist's chair. Self esteem is like the holy grail in today's society. You'd rather be called ugly than have it said your self esteem isn't up to par. I wholeheartedly reject that. Studies show that people with "average" self esteem over estimate their level of attractiveness AND their skill set to others. This is what's valued in society, thinking that you're better than others without any grounds to base it on.
Wow. If you think that is the definition of self-esteem, you need to go get a dictionary.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:05 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,647,708 times
Babeechick, I know that you are getting what you want out of this thread on the validation front, but I know you can get it from other places as well. I hope you really take a few minutes to think about the replies in this thread, and realize that you have bunch of complete strangers on an internet forum, who really seem to care about you and are giving you advice that equals a mountain of gold. Of course whether you choose to accept it or not, is entirely up to you but I hope you make the right choice. Your story touched me in a certain way, and only reminded me that we as humans sometimes fall into our own traps and chains of thought that lead us down a wrong path. I feel like there is still a level of stigma associated with seeing a therapist, but there really shouldnt be since even the mosy mentaly sound people i know could benefit from a session at many points in their lives. Im spilling my guts here, but the only reason for that is that i hope that it catches your attention and you give what im saying some consideration. I wish you the best of luck. Hugs

Old 06-30-2012, 11:15 AM

44,495 posts, read 20,313,973 times
I've cleaned up this thread and am moving it to the Fashion and Beauty form.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty