Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2012, 03:59 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times

Advertisements

How can people be so naive as to seek such treatment in a spa? There will always be type of person willing to break the law and take advantage of ignorant people and, unfortunately, there will always be people willing to subject themselves to risky procedures. Reminds me of those butt injection parties where the subjects had no idea what was being injected or the credentials of the person doing it.

Spa Cosmetic Procedures Can Be Risky - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 04:10 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
How can people be so naive as to seek such treatment in a spa? There will always be type of person willing to break the law and take advantage of ignorant people and, unfortunately, there will always be people willing to subject themselves to risky procedures. Reminds me of those butt injection parties where the subjects had no idea what was being injected or the credentials of the person doing it.

Spa Cosmetic Procedures Can Be Risky - ABC News
It's crazy, IMO. When (and not if!) I decide to do something I'm going to a plastic surgeon.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:28 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
No kidding...and folks do this sort of stuff on cruise ships.....insane!

Old 10-06-2012, 07:24 PM

484 posts, read 854,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
It's crazy, IMO. When (and not if!) I decide to do something I'm going to a plastic surgeon.
Not just a plastic surgeon but a CERTIFIED plastic surgeon and also do a background check on him and the anesthesiologist.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:18 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerage View Post
Not just a plastic surgeon but a CERTIFIED plastic surgeon and also do a background check on him and the anesthesiologist.
Absolutely. My Gyn's brother is a certified plastic surgeon and has an office next door to him. They are in a hospital complex. Pretty safe.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:54 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
Just when I about to make an appointment at a spa for some Juvederm injections.
The one I've looked into has a PS there,but the estiticians do the injecting.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:33 AM

633 posts, read 1,012,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Just when I about to make an appointment at a spa for some Juvederm injections.
The one I've looked into has a PS there,but the estiticians do the injecting.
Please don't do that! Spend the money go to the Board Certified Plastic Surgeon! You are taking a huge chance. The esthetician does NOT HAVE A MEDICAL DEGREE!!!

A good PS knows how to work with juvederm and will expertly manipulate it once injected into the exact places that need it to achieve the best look for you. It can be lumpy & bumpy and make you look in a gnome if not injected and maipulated property. Also, if you are getting your lips done, you need to get lidocaine injections or you will be out of your mind with the pain.

I have friends who have had horrific experiences with med spas... one inparticular had botox in the wrong area, and apparently too much - her brow dropped and she looked sad for about 6 months until it wore off. All to save $100?? If you can't afford to have the work done by a dr., please save up and get it done by a Board Certified PS.

Also... please do not go to the PS at the "med spa" find one who practices privately.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:55 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
I had IPL done at a doctor's office because IT WAS AT A DOCTOR'S OFFICE. There were spas doing that all over the place. I just thought it was dumb as anything to get something like done by someone who barely knew what she was doing....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty