Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 09:12 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times

Advertisements

Has anyone here ever had a bit of help with cosmetic surgery as you started to notice a few wrinkles and sags? If money were no problem would you have a face lift, brow lift or similiar "age defying" surgeries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 12:40 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,267,022 times
Thumbs down I doubt it...

uh....probably not! I'm afraid I don't do pain well and that's kind of "elective" pain. Never say never! But I just don't think so for that reason! I would consider doing something that would be more "injection" like restyline or something like that that doesn't involve a scalpel!

What about Blue?

Last edited by kaykay; 09-25-2007 at 12:49 PM..

Old 09-25-2007, 12:43 PM

660 posts, read 2,441,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Has anyone here ever had a bit of help with cosmetic surgery as you started to notice a few wrinkles and sags? If money were no problem would you have a face lift, brow lift or similiar "age defying" surgeries?
when i get old if money was no problem i would get everything done i wanna look like marie osmond or suzanne somers they look gorgeous

Old 09-25-2007, 12:51 PM

Kay, It is probably too late for me, unless they do complete "bodylifts"
seriously, though, I am also not a happy camper with being put to sleep and having a scapel taken to my body I have a lot of sun damage, but enjoyed every minute of getting it The only sunblock I was aware of in my teen and early adult age was either putting a sheilding hand above my eyes or finding a shade tree..I guess I will have to make do with what I have and avoid mirrors and flourescent lights..As for the wrinkles..Hmm..maybe a really tight ponytail? I do wonder how much it would cost for just a liiittle bitty work on my eyelids

Old 09-25-2007, 03:08 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I do wonder how much it would cost for just a liiittle bitty work on my eyelids
Blue, I know a couple ladies who have gotten their lids done by an eye doctor, he is a fully qualified medical doc but does not charge as much as a plastic surgeon.
I think the surgery cost between 2 and 3 thousand.
To me, they look younger, but you look at them and you think "she's had work done." I don't know how to articulate what I mean--it's like they look good yet they look "worked on."

I have sun damage too, and in July had a basal cell carcinoma chopped out of my forehead. Like you, I can't have regrets about it, it was the way things were back in the 70's.

And that's all the slicing and dicing I'm going to have done to my face.
Remember poor Olivia Goldsmith? ::shudder::
No Botox for me, either.
I do not point fingers at anyone who wants to do that stuff, it's just not for me.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:21 PM

I agree with you Cil, you can always tell, especially with the Botox..I think Katie Couric ruined her looks by her massive doses of botox and whatever else she had done when she took over her anchor job..I had a basal cell removed from the corner of the upper lid near the tear duct and it makes the lid look a little different, that is mostely what I was referring to. My girls say it is not that noticible with makeup

Old 09-25-2007, 03:25 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,180,644 times
If you could assure me that there would be NO chance, NONE, of any problems such as infections or snipped nerves, and if I could afford it, I would have my boobs put back where they once were. And reduced enough so that I wouldn't have to wear a bra. I hatehatehate those dratted contraptions.

And then, a tummy tuck!

Old 09-25-2007, 03:31 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
If you could assure me that there would be NO chance, NONE, of any problems such as infections or snipped nerves,
Yes, I definitely got the snipped nerve situation, parts of my forehead, when I touch them, feel like someone else's! Very bizarre. However, the doc said that those nerves often do regenerate--we'll see.

lol Padgett
I don't mind wearing a bra that much, but then my "girls" are not exactly humungous, I just wear sort of a sports bra.
A friend of mine got breast reduction surgery and it changed her life so much for the better, helped her back, as well. I wonder if insurance would pay for this?

Old 09-25-2007, 03:58 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,305,220 times
You bet!! If I could afford it I could put up with the pain for a better look. I feel somewhat guilty as this is what God gave me....but he also gave us the ability to make ourselves look better. At least that's what I keep telling myself. My hubby would NEVER let me get it done...not just the $$ but his fear of me going under the knife. I do like looking good--who doesn't? As far as the chemicals like botox and such...no..but plastic surgery..face lift..sure!

Old 09-25-2007, 04:41 PM

Are collegen filled big lips still in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty