Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 07:58 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,574,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezycom View Post
Get some Crest Whitestrips, the strongest formulation (I think it's the 7-day system), and use 2x or even 3x daily until the visit. Also get some Sensodyne toothpaste because the Whitestrips may make your teeth more sensitive by using them so much in a short period.
This is all assuming that there is still plenty of enamel on the teeth! What about for people who have worn enamel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 08:10 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,574,854 times
Oh my word Sheena! You are adding more stress to your life right now by stressing out over this. I perfectly understand how you may be feeling. I went through the same thing last summer...only instead of worrying about my face and hands (which my skin for my age is good), I had to worry about my weight gain. Instead I made up an excuse as to why I wouldn't be available when my friend whom I haven't seen in 20 yrs came to town. For all you know, this friend may be in worse shape than you are in!

Old 04-01-2012, 08:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,266,592 times
Here's a cheap and easy one!

You're still married, right? Have sex every day!

Old 04-01-2012, 08:30 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,315,641 times
Sheena, I like to use Nivea CoQ10 body lotion right after I shower. It's a firming lotion and it does seem to help with the arm striation thing I have ( I call that crepe-iness, because my arms look like crepe paper).

Also I love to slather my hands with cream and cover them in plastic and sit and relax with heating mitts on. It bakes the moisture in, which plumps them up.

Another tip -- pale pink polish brightens up the hands and makes them look younger. AND it doesn't show chips or wear easily.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:31 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,975,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Here's a cheap and easy one!

You're still married, right? Have sex every day!
What does being married have to do with having sex every day?

I'm not married and I have sex every day!!!

Old 04-01-2012, 08:33 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,266,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
What does being married have to do with having sex every day?

I'm not married and I have sex every day!!!
Nothing. Just not evebody has the everyday availability otherwise.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:40 PM

24,155 posts, read 32,597,131 times
An update - I've been drinking even more water than usual, and adding 30 minutes to my exerciser routine. After using my "new toys" only twice, I can report that my skin looks firmer and more gradient!

I am, WAY less stressed and more empowered than when I first posted! This is not stressing me out in the least. Far from it! It is making me feel more in control, and revitalized. More relaxed yet purposeful than I have felt for a long time!

Taking care of one's self is a good thing.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:11 PM

541 posts, read 862,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Taking care of one's self is a good thing.
Absolutely agree with that! Glad that you're finding your way back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
This is all assuming that there is still plenty of enamel on the teeth! What about for people who have worn enamel?
There's a sensitive version of the Crest Whitestrips you can use, but if your enamel is worn down, you should consult with your Dentist first.

Last edited by Tantamount; 04-02-2012 at 07:20 PM..

Old 04-04-2012, 12:57 AM

24,155 posts, read 32,597,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Sheena, I like to use Nivea CoQ10 body lotion right after I shower. It's a firming lotion and it does seem to help with the arm striation thing I have ( I call that crepe-iness, because my arms look like crepe paper).

Also I love to slather my hands with cream and cover them in plastic and sit and relax with heating mitts on. It bakes the moisture in, which plumps them up.

Another tip -- pale pink polish brightens up the hands and makes them look younger. AND it doesn't show chips or wear easily.
Bought the Nevea CoQ10 lotion, and I do already see a difference! Very inexpensive and this in another product that will become a staple.

Is there anything in particular that anyone has to recommend for hands?

I have an appointment for Botox, and possibly something else, but the doctor is not sure that I'll recover in time.

It's been so long (several years) that I forget. It's a type of filler.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Old 04-04-2012, 10:02 PM

395 posts, read 708,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Urgent question. On Easter I am being visited by an old friend and her family. I have not seen her for ten years.

The past five years have been really stressful for me. If you are familiar with that "stress test" that measures life events that can impact your health, I am off the charts!

The following things have occurred within the past five years -

1. Loss of a loved one
2. health problems of spouse
3. loss of job
4. relocation to a new area
5. changes in friends and support system
6. forced to sell home for financial reasons

And others. I am OK and I'm greatful for what I have. However, the past few years have taken a tole on my face. I look more worn and tired. Sometimes I think I look haggard. It really has been hard on me.

The reality of this visit is just setting in. I was wondering if someone could suggest some treatments or minor procedures that I could have in the next week that would give me a fresher and more youthful look.

I really don't want to get into debates with people about plastic surgery. I am not opposed to it in moderation.

I have had Botox and a filler where I used to live. It was good. Because of all of the changes and moving, I am not as up on what people do as I once was.

I also do not like the general quality of my skin. It looks dull, slack and sallow I think it would also give me a bit of a psychological boost to look and feel better.

I only have about 1000$ that I can use.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions!

Catch up on old times. Bring some photo ablums on the past 5 yrs. Tell them your stressed about etc....and it's taking a toll on you. and then just move on to other topics. If they are your friend, they will understand. If they are shallow or not concerned about you than they are not your friend, they are your past.

If you're not feeling well or looking well why fake it with a real friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty