Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 12:17 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times

Advertisements

Got my first tattoo at 18 - ended up getting it covered with something else at 28. Got my half-sleeve 4 years ago at age 33. Got it extended down to a 3/4 sleeve this past summer.

I don't regret any of them.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:48 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
I'm not a tattoo hater though I don't understand some of the big and or extensive ones I see.
I think its mostly worrying/wondering whether the individual will regret it or not which is hard to predict.

I saw in the news today that Megan Fox who has around 10? is getting hers removed. She says people told her not to do but she was stubborn and thought she would like them forever, but is tired of them. She says the laser is very painful. So Megan and Mark Wahlberg, bet there are a lot of others.

Myself I contemplate getting a small black paw on my foot. Not very original but it would be personal as a pet memorial same as many people have them. So that is fine. I worry about my age, my weight and if I ever lose weight with my skin not being as elastic as a younger person, would it look like crap. Thats one thing. The others, what if the artist messes it up a little or its off just enough that something bugs me? I'm the kind of person who could be driven crazy forever by something small. Third, top of the foot is probably painful, even for a small tattoo.
So I haven't done it yet, not sure if or when I will.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:46 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
The folks who got these aren't going to think it was such a great idea in a few years...

Tattooed Braids | NoWayGirl.com

Barbie Tattoo | NoWayGirl.com

Like Button Tattoo | NoWayGirl.com

Tattoo Fail | NoWayGirl.com

Fan Tattoo Win or Fail? | NoWayGirl.com

Drake Fan Tattoo | NoWayGirl.com

Old 02-29-2012, 05:55 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Why are people so afraid if life experience?

Just random...compared the two...made me laugh:
(did work in pallitave care and the thing most old dying people regret is NOT doing something. They grew to learn to live with the things they did. And if you can't handle a little laser pain or regret...lol. Just end it now. Life is a lot rougher than that.)

Fight Club for Senior Citizens - YouTube

vs.

D12 - Fight music (Fight Club) - YouTube

Every choice you make is a learning experience that takes you closer to getting to know who you are.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:02 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times
I regret the thug life tattoo i got on my stomach.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:06 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I regret the thug life tattoo i got on my stomach.

Just get the "T" removed and put a little heart there instead if you have you turned over a new leaf.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:52 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
Hmmm, age 20.... For me that was 1984. What kind of tattoo would I have gotten back in 1984?

Probably an Iron Maiden logo or something like that. Yeah, I'd regret it now (even though I still love Iron Maiden).
In 1984 hardly anyone got tattooed. I miss those days.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:55 AM

653 posts, read 946,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedardra View Post
My 20yo son is considering a forearm tattoo, sort of large and black. No matter where it is or style, I believe he will regret this one day. The more I yack on, the more he tunes me out, and is old enough to get it on his own, anyway. What can I say to make sense to him? I know him too well to see that he will regret it 20 years from now. He is not rebellious type -- just thinks is cool and thought so for a long time. If it were small, maybe, but he wants something large and intricate. A really bad decision! HELP! Please don't advise me to go along with it -- I'm looking for ammunition that will help change his mind. Thank you.
I know you asked for a man's opinion, and I'm clearly not a man.

However, I was in his exact situtation when I was his age. I hate to say this but I don't believe there is much you can say to change his mind. In fact, not allowing him to do it is just going to make it seem more appealing (that was the case for me). If it were me, I'd tell him you don't prefer that he get one, but he is an adult and has to make his own decision. That might be enough right there to make him think twice and he may not get the tattoo.

If he does, as I did, he can always have it removed.

Mine has been removed, and you would never in a million years know there was ever a tattoo there. I went for post procedure photos of the removal, and it was removed so well we had to look at my chart to remember which side it used to be on. lol

Believe me, I know this seems terrible, but there are far worse things he could be doing. Just be thankful he's not on drugs or in jail. And remember, it can always be undone.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:41 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Just get the "T" removed and put a little heart there instead if you have you turned over a new leaf.
Hahaha, I almost choked.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:33 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,250,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclamb3 View Post
If he does, as I did, he can always have it removed.

Mine has been removed, and you would never in a million years know there was ever a tattoo there.
I'm not sure I understand why anyone would get a tattoo in the first place if they're just going to have it removed later.

That's an even bigger waste of time, pain, and money.

Moral of the story: don't get anything tattooed if you're just going change your mind about it later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty