Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2012, 05:24 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,360,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
For some reason when an Italian does it it's not as bad.
The French can get away with it, too.

For one thing, the Italians were crapped on for decades. Hollywood probably turned it around for them, seizing on their attractiveness.

The Germans and Scandinavians are considered the quintessential American from the Heartland and did not endure what the Italians did, with the possible exception of anti-German sentiment after the Wars.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:29 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,905,128 times
I guess I just don't understand why this stuff even matters to people. Why does a thread started by a man about Italian women turn into Italian women posting scientific evidence that they are the most attractive.

I'm part Italian and a woman and I guess I have trouble understanding this behavior...oh well

Old 06-18-2012, 12:58 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,304,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunJoaquin View Post
They don't get any greater than this:
Absolutely!

Old 06-19-2012, 12:08 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,162,033 times
Stumbled upon this post and had to reply. I spend a lot of time in Italy as I have quite a bit of family there still, and it is a beautiful breed of people. I would say this even if I weren't Italian. The men, although very handsome, are very barbaric in thier expectations from women - not a good match for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
In the Starbucks Today and this Italian family (hard them jabbering) was sitting next to me.

The Daughter (over 18) was what I call the image of beauty. She had that fricken gorgeous dark brown hair that a lot of Italian women have. I go for the nicely built women who have regular features, nothing too big or small. That is the way this young lady was, nothing outrageous, but so perfectly put together. She had those brown eyes that that went perfect with her brown hair and sharp featured face.

I used to think that Russian women were the best, after today I am close to changing my mind. This is probably the most beautiful women I have seen in at least 6 months.

Does anyone else think that many Italian Women are insanely beautiful?

Old 06-19-2012, 12:58 AM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times
I am so not understanding the purpose of this thread! There are beautiful woman in almost every country.

I will give you that some countries have more pretty women than others.

There are also unattractive women in every country. Including Italy.

Some men are really attracted to certain types of women. Italian women, the pretty ones, have a look that almost always involves dark hair and eyes, and an olive complexion.

Scandinavians are the other extreme.

I am a women and I'm not interested in women sexually, but I think that in terms of European women - or people - medium is best.

Isabella Rosllini - half Italian and half Swedish and looks neither. Very pretty.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:16 AM

You are totally correct in that generalizations are typically not accurate however, it may be that some men preffer Italian women and through their eyes they are the most beautiful breed? Italian girls tend to have a more exotic appeal to them and many men find that beautiful because it is rare here in the states to find natural beauty like that. Most men go for the blonde look here in the states but most of the time the look is purchaed and not grown - if you know what I mean. I am proud to be Italian but do not feel that I am insanley beautiful to any degree, my hair is not dyed, no plastic parts and my tan is not fake - just happy to be part of such a rare and pure Italian family. To each his own.....it's all about personal preference so not one statment is true for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I am so not understanding the purpose of this thread! There are beautiful woman in almost every country.

I will give you that some countries have more pretty women than others.

There are also unattractive women in every country. Including Italy.

Some men are really attracted to certain types of women. Italian women, the pretty ones, have a look that almost always involves dark hair and eyes, and an olive complexion.

Scandinavians are the other extreme.

I am a women and I'm not interested in women sexually, but I think that in terms of European women - or people - medium is best.

Isabella Rosllini - half Italian and half Swedish and looks neither. Very pretty.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:20 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Stumbled upon this post and had to reply. I spend a lot of time in Italy as I have quite a bit of family there still, and it is a beautiful breed of people. I would say this even if I weren't Italian. The men, although very handsome, are very barbaric in thier expectations from women - not a good match for me.
Yeah, sure you would, sweetheart.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yeah, sure you would, sweetheart.
I totally would! I may actually even be a little bit jealous if I weren't Italian

Brat!

Old 06-20-2012, 08:30 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I totally would! I may actually even be a little bit jealous if I weren't Italian

Brat!
Well, you do fit the stereotype of the beautiful Italian woman. And you're so humble about it, too!

Old 06-20-2012, 08:45 AM

10,067 posts, read 14,935,470 times
La donna italiani e bella, elegante, intelligente, femminile, adorabile, perfetta.

Dio benedica la donna italiani!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty