Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2012, 07:47 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times

Advertisements

That's what the media has managed to convince you of. Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
For the most part when you get around 30, well, most are pretty uggo.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:40 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
That's what the media has managed to convince you of. Congratulations!
Nope, that is what my eyes have convinced me of!!!!!!

Old 07-04-2012, 05:44 PM

Are you judging men and women who have been maimed by plastic surgery (which is where the worshipping of youth has led this society)? Plastic surgery is actually a symptom of the illness, which is the worship of youth. I actually think the propaganda leading to the worship of youth goes beyond being crazy, to just being dangerous for many reasons I can think of.

I also think the worship of youth and pedophilia go hand-in-hand. One promotes the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Nope, that is what my eyes have convinced me of!!!!!!

Old 07-04-2012, 10:33 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times
Quote:
Are you judging men and women who have been maimed by plastic surgery (which is where the worshipping of youth has led this society)? Plastic surgery is actually a symptom of the illness, which is the worship of youth. I actually think the propaganda leading to the worship of youth goes beyond being crazy, to just being dangerous for many reasons I can think of.

I also think the worship of youth and pedophilia go hand-in-hand. One promotes the other.

UH.............................WUT?????? ??????

Old 07-05-2012, 10:37 AM

Honestly, I think beauty resides in the heart. If a "media-beautiful" man or woman is maimed in a car accident, for example, does that mean he or she is no longer beautiful? Depends on his/her heart and soul.

Some people look "media-beautiful" but are cruel, or mean.

Moderator cut: orphaned

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 07-07-2012 at 01:11 AM.. Reason: orphaned - post referred to has been deleted

Old 07-05-2012, 11:10 AM

26,797 posts, read 22,572,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I am deeply hurt by this comment . I kid.

What's wrong with Italian women??? Aesthetics aside, I have found that men love the personalities and qualities that come along with having an Italian woman. We are raised to be very accomodating to our men, friends and families.
True that, but there is other part of a story that Italian women are highly jealous and possessive of their men.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:35 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times
Show me her mother or grand mother and get to know them well, and then decide on what beauty is .

Women reflect their mother,or grand mother.
Both in looks and temperment .
Like DNA a child looks at her parent and says ,I'm not like that ,but when she reaches the same age ,she sees her mother in her self .
Beauty is not the serface prepared for all to see, but the complete person and how they care about them selves and those around them .
Tats don't interest me, they speak of low self esteem and beggerly elements and a lack of respect for their body and others . Completely selfish ,self indulged.
People with tats can't give blood .
Being over weight now, I can appreciate the difficulty in being a chisseled masterpiece I once was ,Time and hard work and injuries, are cruel .
But doing nothing about a problem or giving up over an over doesn't work either.
I know beautiful women from every nationality ,living here in southern california and especially living in a mountain resort that is popular , You get to see and meet quite a lot .
I did a lot of portrates both living and emaginary ,and there is a great deal to learn about faces and their endurance through time ,,a genuine smile, versis a plastic one.
Lines that denote personality and temperment all make the person.
Modern men tend to think the lines of age are bad ,but in reality give evidence to the person inside more vividly.
And I suppose that is why many tend to want to hide them.
I know some very beautiful grand mothers ,that even today must show their ID they look and act so young. Stand them next to their mothers and they appear to be sisters.
Can a girl out shine her mother, yes . but it is a job that requires a lifetime of devotion to , so her children have the better immage to emulate . This is fact , not fantasy .
I have been in love with some very beautiful women I was unworthy of , that's fine, they deserve some one better, or already have they man hey need /want .
Starbucks is a great place to go no doubt , the view can be distracting , but eves drop on the conversation a bit and find the beauty with in, and that will tell volumes.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:54 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times
Default In the few Italian homes I know, the women were more concerned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
True that, but there is other part of a story that Italian women are highly jealous and possessive of their men.
with their man's all round success that he was .
Helping him be successful made her successful.
He is a reflection on her.
I was never forunate enough to met a an itialian woman, willing to take a chance on me.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:04 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,167,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
lol - This is so not true, if anything - opposite. My husband is Irish, I am Italian and I am the one that requires space and freedom, he hates it. Have you met any Italian men??? They are extremely dominant and posessive of their women, I think you have your genders twisted.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:56 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,916,017 times
Quote:
Do I detect hint of jealousy here? I am 68 and have never had plastic surgery - not unusual for a male - but plastic surgery = maiming? That's a stretch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty