Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2011, 10:52 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,060,170 times

Advertisements

Did you ladies see the articles recently with Neve Campbell? She gave this interview about how naturally beautiful she is and how comfortable she is with her body - EVEN THOUGH she's the ripe old close to her deathbed age of 37. Ha!

I mean, she's beautiful, she's healthy, that's great. But to make it out like... "Wow! Look at her!! She's 37 and she's still able to wear a bikini and get acting jobs!!!" Like it's some amazing thing.

It just serves to perpetuate the myth. (The myth that women all lose their looks at 35! lol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Another bad thing that's happened to this over-the-hill broad is calluses on my feet. Is it my imagination or are my feet getting callused faster?
I keep this botanical foot scrub in the shower and use it on my feet a few times a week. Keeps your feet smooth and soft (regardless of your age). You can also keep a pumice stone or foot file in your shower if they are really bad. The warm water softens the skin and makes it esay to slough-off the rough bits. Also - do you put lotion on your feet before you go to bed at night? I got into that routine years ago. I do my hands, neck, chest, and feet. I put socks on right after so I don't get lotion/olive oil on my sheets. (I've been using organic olive and organic almond oils on my skin instead of lotion for quite awhile now. It seems healthier to me and I love how it makes my skin look and feel. The almond oil especially smells and feels nice. I sometimes add a few drops of organic essential oils to it.)

Old 04-17-2011, 12:28 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,289,434 times
Never Campbell has more or less disappeared from the Hollywood scene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Did you ladies see the articles recently with Neve Campbell? She gave this interview about how naturally beautiful she is and how comfortable she is with her body - EVEN THOUGH she's the ripe old close to her deathbed age of 37. Ha!

I mean, she's beautiful, she's healthy, that's great. But to make it out like... "Wow! Look at her!! She's 37 and she's still able to wear a bikini and get acting jobs!!!" Like it's some amazing thing.

It just serves to perpetuate the myth. (The myth that women all lose their looks at 35! lol)

Old 04-21-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Never Campbell has more or less disappeared from the Hollywood scene.
She took one year off (2010, I read somewhere she was going through a divorce so she took the year off to focus on personal life stuff) but every year besides that she's been working... she has Scream 4 coming out and two other films in the works. I have a feeling now that her personal life is back on track we'll be seeing more of her.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:31 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,289,434 times
Doing what? Lifetime movies? She's over 35 & not remotely A list.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
She took one year off (2010, I read somewhere she was going through a divorce so she took the year off to focus on personal life stuff) but every year besides that she's been working... she has Scream 4 coming out and two other films in the works. I have a feeling now that her personal life is back on track we'll be seeing more of her.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:46 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,087,009 times
Quote:
There is much more to the film circuit than the Hollywood A-list and Lifetime-both of which are pure rubbish, BTW.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:07 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,814,083 times
Quote:
You're over 35, and not remotely A list, so why should anyone listen to anything you have to say about fashion, beauty, and diet? I mean really, if your points were valid, you'd be walking the red carpet right along with Princess-to-Be Kate and the Kardashian girls, wouldn't you? That is, according to -your- criteria of what's worth paying attention to, and what isn't worth paying attention to.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:36 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,981,753 times
Quote:
I dont usually agree with anything you say, but I do agree with this. Neve Campbell is no where near A-List.

I don know what she looks like now because I havent seen her in anything. But I know when she was doing the Scream movies, she was SMOKING HOT.

Just checked IMDB and the last thing I recognized that she was in was Party of Five (that Ive never seen) and Scream 3 in 2000. Looking forward to Scream 4 that is coming out this year with her. Hope she's aged well.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:03 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,485,074 times
I have an aunt who started showing her age....at 60.

Some people get facelifts in their 20's.

Results may vary......

Old 04-27-2011, 10:24 AM

539 posts, read 732,984 times
Quote:
If losing your looks in your 30s doesn't bother you, ignore it & go on your merry way. But don't say you can be confident the same as you were in your 20s without putting some effort in to it. For me that meant doing some research & making a few minor investments. A $50 tube of Retin-a is cheap.... I've done TCA peels, have a Clarisonic. I'm somewhat high maintenance. Men say that bothers them but they lie.....people can't get enough of older chicks who look good for their age....or who at least *try*. Having nasty, dull, unmaintained skim isn't on my to do list in this life....
lemon&lime --

YOU have been sold a bag of goods. You have listened to the constant bull**** on tv, in magazines, etc., etc. ...that women are only about looks. Those people are there to sell you something. They are there to take your money. They are there to steal your self esteem. Most of what they try to sell to women is that their only value is how they look.

Well, some of us have been smart enough not to buy that bag of goods. You know...those people that you call "lazy". We know that we are worthwhile human beings. Our lives are meant to be LIVED...to enjoy ourselves as real people... having real interests...learning new things.

I hope that one day, you and the many women...and men... who think like you, will smarten up and not fall for the bull**** anymore. I hope that one day you will stop passing on the many wrongs you have learned to your daughters...and your sons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty