Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 03:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,251 times

Advertisements

I am 33 years old with male pattern balding. I feel insecure and feel inferior to date a girl. This is a reality. No hot girl selects bald men as a partner by choice. Some people sees some extra ordinary bald actors and foot ball players as sexy. This does not work for common people. All young bald men are harassed by young girls every time every where. I find some girls in Israel who are willing to date me. These are exceptional, however. Sorry for my poor grammar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 05:47 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxx8181 View Post
I don't know, but it seems from many of the comments I read on here among other places around the net and elsewhere, with some of the things I find many women saying about bald men, it's surprising and aittlle shocking frankly. I don't mean for this to sound like a silly question or anything, it's straight from my heart. But some of the posts to be honest got to me alittle, about how some people feel over something so trivial like hairloss/baldness. I really feel for any and all people going through or suffering with hairloss for whatever reason!! I am just stunned at some of the mean comments I have read. It's to the point where I find myself asking this sort of question. Do many women utterly hate and despise bald men? I just have to ask because it's been on my mind. Please forgive me if this sounds aittle wierd, but I just have to ask. Every human being is special and has so much to offer. I would just like to know whats up with some of these comments you know?!
I don't have any idea what is up with that. My husband began balding in his late teens. When we began dating in college his hair loss was very obvious. Regardless, I found him extremely attractive. Still do! If any woman rejected him out of hand because he did not have a full head of hair, I feel sorry for her. She lost out on a really great guy for the most superficial reason imaginable.

Last edited by randomparent; 12-30-2014 at 06:36 AM..

Old 12-30-2014, 11:50 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
No. Just don't have a combover.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:53 AM

30 posts, read 34,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leul View Post
I am 33 years old with male pattern balding. I feel insecure and feel inferior to date a girl. This is a reality. No hot girl selects bald men as a partner by choice. Some people sees some extra ordinary bald actors and foot ball players as sexy. This does not work for common people. All young bald men are harassed by young girls every time every where. I find some girls in Israel who are willing to date me. These are exceptional, however. Sorry for my poor grammar.
Why are you only selecting for hot girls? Doesn't that make you just as myopic as the women you're complaining about? You're 33. You should be smarter than that, by now.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:06 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
I resent that terribly. While I certainly wasn't Vogue cover material when I met my now husband, I was hardly a troll. More than a few men thought I was quite the catch. I think there may be more problems here than the amount of hair on your head.

Last edited by randomparent; 12-30-2014 at 01:30 PM..

Old 12-30-2014, 01:14 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
It depends to some extent on the man's personality. I've seen women flock to bald guys. At one place where I worked, when the bald (young) mailman came to deliver the mail to the office building, women would literally come running from their offices from several floors. He was a great guy with an upbeat personality. If you have low self-esteem or a low self-image, you won't draw much positive attention to yourself.

Old 12-30-2014, 01:15 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
no only the ones i date.

Old 12-31-2014, 01:57 AM

39 posts, read 51,493 times
It varies. Being middle eastern, male pattern baldness is a big problem in my family so I've grown partial to it. I think some men look very handsome with a shaved head, adds to facial symmetry and such. Other men, particularly heavier-set guys, don't really look that appealing without hair. When looking for my fiance (arranged marriage) it is very difficult to find middle eastern men with straight hair with a lot of volume and no balding. The only reason I didn't consider bald men is because I do not want my children to lose their hair early if I have boys, since most of the men in my family lost their hair at an early age.

Old 01-31-2015, 09:04 AM

466 posts, read 581,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxx8181 View Post
I don't know, but it seems from many of the comments I read on here among other places around the net and elsewhere, with some of the things I find many women saying about bald men, it's surprising and aittlle shocking frankly. I don't mean for this to sound like a silly question or anything, it's straight from my heart. But some of the posts to be honest got to me alittle, about how some people feel over something so trivial like hairloss/baldness. I really feel for any and all people going through or suffering with hairloss for whatever reason!! I am just stunned at some of the mean comments I have read. It's to the point where I find myself asking this sort of question. Do many women utterly hate and despise bald men? I just have to ask because it's been on my mind. Please forgive me if this sounds aittle wierd, but I just have to ask. Every human being is special and has so much to offer. I would just like to know whats up with some of these comments you know?!
My husband is partially bald and quite honestly it doesn't bother me one iota! The man is highly intelligent with a wicked sense of humor and I love him to bits, regardless of whether or not he has hair.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:10 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,540,158 times
I don't hate bald or balding guys and would definitely date one if he was cute to me. I think that no one is going to like everything about everyone. Conversely, do not be put off by the ones that don't want you, concentrate on being the best you that you can be for the ones that are interested.

Oh, and no comb-overs, I think that's universal OP!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty