Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 01:51 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,817,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkMagaritas View Post
When I was young I got teased and made fun of ALL DAY LONG. I moved alot so being the new kid in school and being from out of town I was always the newbie to pick on.

Highschool was a total 360. I didn't change anything, puberty did lol.
So how did you look like back then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Not all thin people work their butts off at the gym, just as not all chubbers are lazy. If you're looking for a person who uses a gym, why not pick up chicks there?

Personally, I find myself slightly chubby and about a negative 10 on the beauty scale. Surprisingly, though, I never had a problem finding a date.

Now, my husband and I disagree on my placement on the beauty scale, but he did say that the way I carry myself adds "a measure of beauty that cannot be quantified." I congratulated him on learning such a big word, then he hit me with a pillow.
There is a difference between being thin and being toned.

I go to the gym to workout not to pickup chicks. You won't have a problem because you are a woman. There are men out there who don't have high standards and will settle for less.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:12 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,175,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
There is a difference between being thin and being toned.
However, many "men" don't see the difference.

Quote:
I go to the gym to workout not to pickup chicks.
But if the people there are a part of the "crowd" you wish to date, then it almost seems obvious to become friends with some of the clientele.

Quote:
You won't have a problem because you are a woman. There are men out there who don't have high standards and will settle for less.
So because a guy is willing to date somebody who may be lacking in the looks department, he is somehow settling for less? If that is how you view women, then I feel sorry for you. That statement alone speaks worlds about your view on relationships.

You know what's nice? Knowing that my husband doesn't think of me as just a "hot piece of booty". It's such a comforting notion to know that he's not going to skip out once my physical beauty fades.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:22 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,048,492 times
Quote:
There are men out there who don't have high standards and will settle for less.

I actually do have rather high standards.

And RIta met all of them, and more.

So, nice try at an assumption that I "settled for less".

There's not a single woman on this planet that I'd rather marry.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:45 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
Infraction me if you must, but .... the OP's responses throughout this ENTIRE thread show his attitude towards women. The guy just does not respect women ... period. If he can't show some modicum of respect - even faked - he is not going to get laid. That is the bottom line.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:32 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,490,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Infraction me if you must, but .... the OP's responses throughout this ENTIRE thread show his attitude towards women. The guy just does not respect women ... period. If he can't show some modicum of respect - even faked - he is not going to get laid. That is the bottom line.
One would think so wouldn't one. But if one did, one would be quite wrong. Women come in all sizes and shapes pyschologically and there are probably as many attractive women who thrive on mistreatment as there are those who insist on respect. That's why domestic violence is the number one crime of violence by a very wide margin.

I think that the problem stems from puberty when uncertain but attractive young women get disproportionate attention because of their emerging sexuality and attractiveness to older males. This creates a disconnect between how they feel about themselves and how they are treated by boys and men. The solution to this is to invite mistreatment and disrespect so that their feelings and the reality of their treatment are in harmony. Unhappy harmony, but harmony nonetheless.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:36 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,050,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilson1010 View Post
One would think so wouldn't one. But if one did, one would be quite wrong. Women come in all sizes and shapes pyschologically and there are probably as many attractive women who thrive on mistreatment as there are those who insist on respect. That's why domestic violence is the number one crime of violence by a very wide margin.

I think that the problem stems from puberty when uncertain but attractive young women get disproportionate attention because of their emerging sexuality and attractiveness to older males. This creates a disconnect between how they feel about themselves and how they are treated by boys and men. The solution to this is to invite mistreatment and disrespect so that their feelings and the reality of their treatment are in harmony. Unhappy harmony, but harmony nonetheless.
Are you saying I'm wrong? Have you read this guy's posts? Have you seen his written, online interaction with the females on this board? Don't tell me you've turned a blind eye to that!

Old 08-18-2010, 08:11 PM

660 posts, read 1,398,148 times
Quote:
I have noticed a trend that the women who are good looking (pretty face, slimmer body) have attitude issues and are more likely to play hard to get then the ones who are chubby.

Also, it seems like the chubby ones are a lot more aggressive in pursueing men then that pretty girl.

Any comments on this?
Well it could be a self-esteem issue. One who feels special doesn't want to hang around with just anyone. On the other hand, someone who feels they can't be choosy will possibly be more open to meeting new people.

I know what you mean as I've seen some good looking guys who tend to be more introverted and just hang around their friends in the bars then the less attractive ones who seem to be going up to every female and asking for their phone number.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
yes, a beautiful woman has more control over you. but to assume that a heavy girl has a heart of gold is a horrible mistake.
LOL! This too can go both ways!

Old 08-18-2010, 08:12 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,490,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Are you saying I'm wrong? Have you read this guy's posts? Have you seen his written, online interaction with the females on this board? Don't tell me you've turned a blind eye to that!
Oh, you're totally right about him. I was one of the first persons to have posted that.

But you are wrong about him getting laid. If he has nice looks and is not too depraved, there are women, lots of them, who will thrive on his attitude. Maybe even some here.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:28 PM

The people who don't see the difference are the ones who don't what a tone and just a skinny body is. Although there lots of men who aren't picky either.

I live in one of the fattest cities in the USA so the crowd is small for the 'fit'.

Well if he doesn't have the looks the why should he deserve a good looking woman also?

We all know what kind of looks are physical attractions and its not the chubby/fat folks, thats just reality.

I don't think of women as a hot piece of body either when it comes down to a relationship but if we are talking short-term then its different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
However, many "men" don't see the difference.

But if the people there are a part of the "crowd" you wish to date, then it almost seems obvious to become friends with some of the clientele.

So because a guy is willing to date somebody who may be lacking in the looks department, he is somehow settling for less? If that is how you view women, then I feel sorry for you. That statement alone speaks worlds about your view on relationships.

You know what's nice? Knowing that my husband doesn't think of me as just a "hot piece of booty". It's such a comforting notion to know that he's not going to skip out once my physical beauty fades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty