Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 07:31 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,801,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive1982 View Post
Can you define attitude? Because sometimes people, men included, throw around the word attitude if a woman can stand up for herself, which sometimes means being a witch lol.
Cocky, making fun of the guy in a negative way, thinks she is better then others, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 07:32 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,801,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
News Flash- Half of the adult US population is now single. But of that approximately 50% there are more chubbies that are single.
Source?

Old 09-01-2010, 11:58 AM

1,054 posts, read 3,859,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Source?
Every tv news and internet site has recently stated the single rate is 48-52% of adults over age 18. The chubbies remark is related to my own experience working among hundreds of people and also among many friends. The single ones are almost always the chubbies unless the skinny people have some kind of social/developmental disability of which we did have several of those at work. Even if you look at personal ads they almost always state something to the effect that they do not want anyone who isn't either slim or athletic. I go to gym...the same thing...the fit people have others trailing after them trying to flirt and the chubbies are always alone whether its males or females.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:14 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,564,881 times
Quote:
I have noticed a trend that the women who are good looking (pretty face, slimmer body) have attitude issues and are more likely to play hard to get then the ones who are chubby.

Also, it seems like the chubby ones are a lot more aggressive in pursueing men then that pretty girl.

Any comments on this?
What?..This is a new trend??? Dude what are you talking about? Attractive women are hit on all the time so they have options & the best competitor wins the panties. It has been that way since the beginning of time...

Old 09-01-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I think you can only base it on what you have seen, you can't make general statements about skinny/attractive women behaving one way and fat another. Everyone is an individual, everyone behaves differently.
Thats just idiotic! When a high number of individuals do the same thing they become a group, whether they know each other or not....I barely see individuals mostly carbine copies claiming to be normal.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
LOL OMg OhioGirl! I have something to add: I personally am cold and nasty to guys:
1. to whom I am not attracted
2. Who I fear will hit on me or construe a common act of kindness as an invitation to flirt.

Sadly, there are still a lot of jerks who are unable to take a hint.

I'm moderately attractive based on what people have told me, and I even have problems. I suppose a woman who is attractive to the majority of guys (skinny, blond, white I would guess) would have even more problems with unwanted attention from guys. I pity these poor women.

How can you give the signal that says "I am NOT interested in you, so leave me alone?" I think that women give that signal by doing things like not making eye contact with you, not smiling at you and not being nice to you at all, because you may take it the wrong way. Other than that, the "attractive" woman may be a wonderful person, but she--sadly--has to protect herself since she may not want you to see her as a potential mate.

Let me coin a phrase, if I may. "Attract and deflect." It's a skill.
Awesome!! I love these kinds of women.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:43 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,969,505 times
Good looking people are able to get away with more than non-good looking people. Some people think overweight people are capable of still being good looking, I do not fall into that category. There is a reason why so many fat women have really really nice looking hair.

Myself, I consider myself a good looking guy. I'd say I'm around an 8/10. Girls who act "rude" to guys have zero interest on that guy. Even though I'm good looking, I know there are particular types of females I have zero chance with and the same applies with me. I have my own preferences on what type of chicks I dig and the same applies with women. There is nothing wrong with that. I actually enjoy when a women is kinda dickish to me, don't put on a front and pretend I have a chance. I do the same when women hit on me. Women hit on guys all the time but most dudes don't realize it.

Anytime a chick touches or arm or even touches you period while talking, that means she digs you. Any chick giving you one word answers means you wants you to leave her alone.

BTW, go to Craigslist and see the dating area. Bunch of "thick" and "big and beautiful" women demanding alot from a man while they do alot of nothing with their lives. IMO, overweight chicks are harder for me to deal with because I have zero interest even being their friend. Sorry, I don't hang out with chicks I wouldn't ever sleep with. Thats a fact and every chick should know that. If you have a male friend, he would sleep with you if given the chance. FACT.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:47 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,746 times
Maybe the ones you consider attractive just don't reciprocate the feeling. You say your style and everything else is fine, but how do we know? Maybe they are not playing hard to get at all...maybe they are just not into you. Not trying to be cruel, but if this happens with all attractive women you meet, something is up. Being hit on a lot tends to make attractive women have an attitude, but it can be a defense mechanism. Having a "don't bother me air" keeps people away, so that the woman can choose who she wants to talk to or not talk to. She lets down her guard when she is interested. At least this is what I do, and I personally am not playing a game...I just might not be interested.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
This is a fact. Ask most men about this and they will tell you.
Man the chicks on this thread are owning you man.

Your first mistake is TRYING to figure out women!

Second mistake is sharing rejection stories with women!

Just be man. Just be you take what you can get, what you cant get leave em. Save yourself the heartache n stress man. Just reading this thread makes me feel bad for you, not because your confused, but the way you are being responded to. Id just leave it alone. Chase money & women will chase you. FACT.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Are you saying I'm wrong? Have you read this guy's posts? Have you seen his written, online interaction with the females on this board? Don't tell me you've turned a blind eye to that!
I have seen them...and all bs & jokes aside. The advice he was givin was cold & cutthroat. His responds were better off unsaid. He wanted a males oppinion and the women jumped on him before an experienced male could actual speak on it. What he is experiencing HAPPENS, it could have everything to do with him OR nothing to do with him. How do these women interact with other men is the key. Girl A could be a ***** to every man she meets, girl B could be kind to men with money & mean to broke men....like the entitled female on this topic claiming she DESERVES this, that & the 3rd. Girl C could be interested but shy. To say he lacks respect for women is not fair. Just like saying all attractive women have bad attitudes are not fair. But the OP wanted to hear from guys and the ladies jumped in before experienced guys got the chance to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty