Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2020, 08:45 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times

Advertisements

Okay here is one for you. Why does Russia continue to lie to the UN about its bombing campaign in Syria? Why deny that civilians are fleeing it? I don't believe their own people care how many civilians die there so why bother denying the facts (again). This just looks like a 7 year old lying when the adults all know he is. Is it just a national obsession to lie about everything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2020, 10:18 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Russia is helping to protect people from America and Turkeys Al-Qaida friends ethnic cleansing efforts. The government of Syria is seeking stability in it's borders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79IxYKmAc3o

Old 02-21-2020, 11:35 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
Yes their message is the opposite of what's happening, as usual. As thousands of people flee their bombing campaign, they blame Turkey. This tells me they are saying Turkey is bluffing. We're about to find out whether it's true or not. I fear there is great risk here. At least we aren't going to provide them the Patriots they asked for. I don't know if turkey is really going to challenge Russia's aircraft over Syria. They are definitely on the ground though.

Old 02-21-2020, 12:18 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Okay here is one for you. Why does Russia continue to lie to the UN about its bombing campaign in Syria? Why deny that civilians are fleeing it? I don't believe their own people care how many civilians die there so why bother denying the facts (again). This just looks like a 7 year old lying when the adults all know he is. Is it just a national obsession to lie about everything?
Lying to the UN to kill thousands of civilians and plunge the country into chaos for many years. I remember something like that. I have to search...

Old 02-21-2020, 12:20 PM

I remembered. It was not difficult.

https://s.fishki.net/upload/users/20...3769aa39a1.jpg

DKM, why this kindergarten game?

Old 02-21-2020, 02:08 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Russia is helping to protect people from America and Turkeys Al-Qaida friends ethnic cleansing efforts. The government of Syria is seeking stability in it's borders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79IxYKmAc3o

I think Russia's best game in this particular region is to covertly provide the necessary support for the Christians. But since it looks like they are already organizing as "militia groups" and creating their own block-posts, ( sort of like Donbass resistance started,) this support is already taking place.
If not, then it will follow soon I hope.

Old 02-21-2020, 03:00 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I think Russia's best game in this particular region is to covertly provide the necessary support for the Christians. But since it looks like they are already organizing as "militia groups" and creating their own block-posts, ( sort of like Donbass resistance started,) this support is already taking place.
If not, then it will follow soon I hope.

Oh, I hear now from yesterday's news that Russian aviation actually supported Syrian troops out in the open, when the "rebel groups" ( or whatever you call them), that Russians consider the branch of Al-Qaeda, backed by Turkey defeated Syrian army in Idlib.
( And what the Turkish troops are doing in Syrian Idlib in the first place? )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v02UUnlscsA

And now, what I understand from one of the commentators here, is that since Russia significantly invested in Turkey's economy for the last few years, it has a better leverage to keep Turkey subdued to Moscow's command. (I didn't think about THAT part earlier... )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiQUpV6BPVM

But whatever it is, I think Syria needs to go back to Bashar al-Assad, and this war should be over with.
Enough already with all these fake "liberations" with the help of Islamists.

Old 02-21-2020, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh, I hear now from yesterday's news that Russian aviation actually supported Syrian troops out in the open, when the "rebel groups" ( or whatever you call them), that Russians consider the branch of Al-Qaeda, backed by Turkey defeated Syrian army in Idlib.
( And what the Turkish troops are doing in Syrian Idlib in the first place? )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v02UUnlscsA
Yes, and it looks like Su-24 got away from Stinger missile:

t.me/epoddubny/2490
t.me/rybar/7979

Poddubny Channel in Telegram:
https://t.me/s/epoddubny

Old 02-21-2020, 03:36 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
In the Idlib pocket there are a lot of civilians. Refugees. Just where their loyalty lies is unknown but I'm quite sure the majority of them would rather be somewhere else. With them are militants, hiding among them and exploiting them as human shields and for support, some may be family members of the militants. These groups have support from all over the ME. Turkey allows arms and the stuff of war to pass freely into the region and these armed groups are a pain in the arse to everyone. Turkey wants stability in the region as does Russia. Syria wants them gone and their land back, they are NOT in a generous mindset at the moment and they have their reasons for the attitude they do. These militias have done some heinous things since this all started. This war has been brutal and uncivilized, there's reports of civilians being gassed in rooms in Daraa in order to pull off that gas attack stunt a few years ago. That's the White Helmets.

Anyway Turkey has asked for the US to bring in 2 batteries of Patriot anti aircraft missiles but no decision has been made yet. Russian aircraft have been having a field day recently.

I don't trust the Turks and Erdogan. They're snakes. No one is going to tell me they can't take the women and children out of that pocket. They just hold them hostage. Where this is going I have no idea. I really think Russia should prepare for the worst and in order to bring this to an end blast every piece of Turkish equipment, firebase and observation post in the area and sanction the crap out of Turkey. Erdogan cannot be trusted.

Old 02-21-2020, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Erdogan cannot be trusted.
Oh yeah. I am ready to believe even Chinese, but not Erdogan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe