Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2020, 01:17 AM

1,348 posts, read 625,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Rich people here aren't getting it from connections to the government. Sorry, but it's nothing like Russian corruption at all.
Dear DKM, you've made me laugh again...You are well aware that due to the fact that the US the largest economy, there is no such amount "sawing" of budget (i.e. corruption) anywhere in the world as in US. I hope that you will be able to find information on how budgets for building infrastructure in America are inflated (bridges, roads, subways, etc.).. Isn't this corruption? Plus, what is called "kickbacks" in Russia and is illegal, in the United States it is quite legal...and this is called "lobbying".

Quote:
No police would come take me away if I revealed a corruption scheme.
I missed something and Navalny has already been put in jail?

Quote:
It's a sad thing that Russians are poor and have their national fortune stolen from them, and they believe the same stuff happens in the USA.
Can you open my eyes and explain where the US debt of 23 trillions came from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2020, 02:37 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,929,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I think what we're seeing is just a knee jerk over reaction by everyone involved. Hype is taking its toll. So far as I can discern the only thing that makes this new virus different from the common flu is it's long incubation period. It's easily spread because of that. How many people have died so far? 500? Not to sound callous but lets look at the fact that over 24000 have been diagnosed with it. Not a high death rate.

There's been epidemics in the past that killed 10s of millions worldwide.

China is going to great lenghts to stop its spread and doing a good job of it all things considered. If you read the MSM you'd get the totally opposite impression.
Looks like the growth rate has been slowing down. On the 25th it was growing at a rate of 53%, by February 1st it was growing at 22%, and now it’s growing at 15%. So at least in China things seem to be stabilizing. However the virus could easily make another outbreak in some other country.

Old 02-06-2020, 11:25 AM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
The Chinese government wants to keep things under control. One screw up and things get much much worse. Thats the way its always been in Chinese society. Keep in mind, China lives and has lived on the edge for 1000s of years. The fabric of society falls apart then there's a steep price to pay. China is not like any other country in the world.

I dunno Scrat...
This doctor I was talking about, this original "whistleblower" ( or one of them) has died of this virus today.
And he was a healthy 34 years old, not some old man with "underlying conditions."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronav...illness-wuhan/

( He looked like middle class, intelligent guy too..)

RIP.

Old 02-06-2020, 11:59 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I dunno Scrat...
This doctor I was talking about, this original "whistleblower" ( or one of them) has died of this virus today.
And he was a healthy 34 years old, not some old man with "underlying conditions."

RIP.
He is still alive. But the chances are likely to be few.

Quote:
Source:Global Times Published: 2020/2/7 1:14:19
Chinese doctor Li Wenliang, one of the eight "whistleblowers" who tried to warn other medics of the coronavirus outbreak but were reprimanded by local police, is still under emergency treatment for coronavirus infection, the hospital where he is receiving treatment announced.

Li is currently in critical condition. His heart reportedly stopped beating at around 21:30. He was then given treatment with ECMO (extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation).
www.globaltimes.cn/content/1178816.shtml

Old 02-06-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
He is still alive. But the chances are likely to be few.

www.globaltimes.cn/content/1178816.shtml

OK, so he is hanging by the bare threads (according to the updated news,) but still - he was a healthy 34 years old.

Last edited by erasure; 02-06-2020 at 01:16 PM..

Old 02-06-2020, 01:30 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I dunno Scrat...

RIP.
I'm confused, is his head dead yet? It says he's in an oxygen chamber, that his heart stopped and in an ICU. That's CBS news. No better than RT.

Old 02-06-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I'm confused, is his head dead yet? It says he's in an oxygen chamber, that his heart stopped and in an ICU. That's CBS news. No better than RT.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/57275758-post205.html

Old 02-06-2020, 02:01 PM

So, do we have a martyr? Facts, not rumors.

Old 02-06-2020, 02:14 PM

Quote:
So, do we have a martyr? Facts, not rumors.

Yes, if you want to put things this way.

(And it's not the FIRST doctor that died of this virus, minding you.)

Old 02-06-2020, 04:53 PM

The Chinese authorities have confirmed it. Sad. They're going to extreme measures to get it under control and there's been reports of citizens detaining uncooperative people for the authorities, at their own peril.

Forgive my cynicism, it is the MSM after all. I'm surprised they haven't blamed Putin yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe