Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 11:22 AM

26,527 posts, read 52,047,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Seriously. Who eats McDonalds' anyway?
Americans eat McDonald's. But when I (an American) lived in Europe for 4,5 years, I had to take visiting Americans to eat at various McDonalds' [i]Munich, Amsterdam, Rome and France (Do not remember the city name). And years later, my wife had to do the same in Russia...

Old 02-01-2013, 11:29 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,468,055 times
Well the OP fits the stereotypical American traveler for sure. Enjoy the smaller portions, you might get healthier. Who the hell goes to a beautiful place like Sweden to go tk McDonalds to complain about meals :/

You're not related to the woman in Dublin I saw years ago making a scene screaming at the top of her lungs "Youre violating my rights as an American" while in a store.

Go home mate, the place is too good for you.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Old 02-02-2013, 04:25 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,383,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy san View Post
Let's leave the generalizing out of it. And besides, can't you be the bigger man and show the American kindness? No, instead you pile on like some bully in the streets. So again, you are no better than he is. In fact you are worse. And back to generalizing, I won't judge all Swedes by your example.

I personally would like to hear more from the guy as he gets adjusted. He may change his tune in another two weeks and continue to grow over his two years. Will we ever hear about it when he was met with such response? Maybe but I wouldn't be shocked if the answer is no. That's a shame too, I'd love to follow the continuing adventures of an American transplant. Living vicariously and all that...
The OP behaved like a spoiled little azz from the US.
He didn't deserve a break, he was rude.

There are well adjusted people from the US who live all over the world and post here.

The OP got what he gave.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingen View Post
And you don`t have crime and poverty in Italy?
Not like in the US, if you're asking about my experiences in both countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
Europe is like that, more expensive than USA, smaller drinks and meals...etc.
I disagree.
Outside of capital cities and England (based on the pound vs dollar), I eat as cheaply in Europe as I did in the states and with comparable portions.
The drinks in restaurants are .2 or .5 liters. I don't see that as being smaller.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:22 PM

255 posts, read 930,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The OP behaved like a spoiled little azz from the US.
He didn't deserve a break, he was rude.

There are well adjusted people from the US who live all over the world and post here.

The OP got what he gave.
You're amazing for this. Americans seem to come here and think they're better, nationality doesn't make anyone better than another - countries live differently. To be damn well honest, the US is much worse than Europe and parts of Oceania and Asia and there really should be common knowledge of this. I honestly consider the US on par with Chile, but Chile might be better than US soon.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:32 PM

102,491 posts, read 108,983,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
Americans eat McDonald's. But when I (an American) lived in Europe for 4,5 years, I had to take visiting Americans to eat at various McDonalds' [i]Munich, Amsterdam, Rome and France (Do not remember the city name). And years later, my wife had to do the same in Russia...
I don't know any Americans who eat at McDonalds. Why would anyone eat that cr@p?

Old 02-02-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
I don't know any Americans who eat at McDonalds. Why would anyone eat that cr@p?
Oh, there are lots of them.
At times, even me.

If I want an Egg McMuffin and quick coffee in the morning on my way traveling, I stop.

In Germany (and Czech, and most other countries), you can't get a decent quick breakfast.
If I'm not willing to spend the equivalent of 15€ (or more) in Prague and not staying at a BnB that provides breakfast, that's the option.

People with kids stop there and generally, lots of lazy US people who aren't willing to look around for a place to eat.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:43 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,170,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightForFreedom View Post
Yeah, but the US is much easier to find fault with, it's such an awful deprived place. Trust me... I had lived there briefly and even Italy is all around just better.

The amount of absurd second and third world poverty in the US is absolutely disgusting. The country is disgusting. The crime rates in the US are absurdly high and you have to worry about crime everywhere, even in little towns.

I had an Italian and US citizenship, guess which one i revoked as fast as possible? I can't see anything good about that country as a highly educated person upon this manner.
Apparently, you're just as closed-minded as the OP was. Just bash an entire country and everyone who lives there based on living here briefly

Old 02-02-2013, 11:52 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,612,824 times
Quote:
Yea man, Whoppers over Big Macs any day of the week!

Old 02-03-2013, 12:18 AM

102,491 posts, read 108,983,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

In Germany (and Czech, and most other countries), you can't get a decent quick breakfast.
If I'm not willing to spend the equivalent of 15€ (or more) in Prague and not staying at a BnB that provides breakfast, that's the option.
You can grab a yogurt and a roll or piece of fruit at a grocery store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe