Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 12:05 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,631,313 times

Advertisements

Its just a matter of time until Obama screws up and there is a huge backlash of him and his policies. How long will this take? I honestly hope his intentions are good, but some of his policies downright stink. Am I the only one who feels an Obama backlash is looming in the near future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 12:22 PM

419 posts, read 602,985 times
Well the media seems to be getting upset with him already. I thought it would take longer to read the headlines were already seeing

Old 01-23-2009, 12:23 PM

1,843 posts, read 2,371,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Its just a matter of time until Obama screws up and there is a huge backlash of him and his policies. How long will this take? I honestly hope his intentions are good, but some of his policies downright stink. Am I the only one who feels an Obama backlash is looming in the near future?
It will probably take more than two days.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:37 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatchance2005 View Post
It will probably take more than two days.
Yes, especially when in just the past three days he has...

Inaugural attended by 1,800,000 (largest crowd for any event in DC history) and not a single arrest or protest.
Completely reversed stupid policies on paranoid secrecy in government.
Ordered that all federal agencies suspend enforcement of "midnight executive orders" pending review.
Initiated sweeping ethics reforms in the executive branch.
Closed Guantanamo and restored rights to those held at Guantanamo per Geneva Convention.
Established a daily economic briefing.
Ended illegal torture practices.
Froze salaries for most of his staff.
Appointed distinguished special envoys to Israel/Palestine and Pakistan/Afghanistan.
Modernized the Whitehouse.gov web site and had it up and running at 12:01 PM on 1/20.
Overturnined Bush's veto on stem-cell research
Cracking down on lobbyists and lobbying policies

Not too shabby

Old 01-23-2009, 12:43 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yes, especially when in just the past three days he has...

Inaugural attended by 1,800,000 (largest crowd for any event in DC history) and not a single arrest or protest.
Completely reversed stupid policies on paranoid secrecy in government.
Ordered that all federal agencies suspend enforcement of "midnight executive orders" pending review.
Initiated sweeping ethics reforms in the executive branch.
Closed Guantanamo and restored rights to those held at Guantanamo per Geneva Convention.
Established a daily economic briefing.
Ended illegal torture practices.
Froze salaries for most of his staff.
Appointed distinguished special envoys to Israel/Palestine and Pakistan/Afghanistan.
Modernized the Whitehouse.gov web site and had it up and running at 12:01 PM on 1/20.
Overturning Bush's veto on stem-cell research
Cracking down on lobbyists

Not too shabby
I couldn't agree more. He has rolled up his sleeves and done more good in a few days than Bush has done in years. Yet all some can focus on is that he hasn't been wearing a jacket while in the office.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
I couldn't agree more. He has rolled up his sleeves and done more good in a few days than Bush has done in years. Yet all some can focus on is that he hasn't been wearing a jacket while in the office.
I suppose it is to be expected. Bush enablers and supporters will never give credit where credit is due or lay blame where it rightfully belongs.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:10 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
OP I voted for the other guy but, uh hes been pres 2 days. Ya might wanna wait more than that for predictions of doom.

Besides the Dem congress looks much much worse.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:23 PM

513 posts, read 647,212 times
The past 72 hours of Obama's presidency has been a TOTAL FAILURE!
Today's example is he wouldn't answer questions to the press about shooting missles into Pakistan. Why the heck are we now shooting missles into Pakistan a soveign country!!!

He man-handled one reporter. One reporter asked about the timing of the bailout to help displaced people and he got put in his place. What happened to "Mr. Transparency" and "change"? Unfreaking believable!

Old 01-23-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekTruth View Post
The past 72 hours of Obama's presidency has been a TOTAL FAILURE!
Today's example is he wouldn't answer questions to the press about shooting missles into Pakistan. Why the heck are we now shooting missles into Pakistan a soveign country!!!

He man-handled one reporter. One reporter asked about the timing of the bailout to help displaced people and he got put in his place. What happened to "Mr. Transparency" and "change"? Unfreaking believable!
Did he also bite off a baby's head and kick a puppy?
Links?

Yes, I agree...Obama's Presidency is a total failure...at giving Bush supporters anything to really gripe about.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 01-23-2009 at 03:22 PM..

Old 01-23-2009, 01:57 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
I thought the right wingers had already called his policies a still birth. Do they also believe in reincarnation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections