Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 04:00 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,937,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
Now wait a minute he did not lie or dupe ANYONE. People really on the far left did not vote for Obama. They voted for other people. We ALL knew he wasnt saying he would pull out of the war right away ect WE ALL heard him say he would be reaching across party lines, we ALL said he would be like Clinton. No one with a brain about the real issues thought Obama would be anything but CENTER. Which is STILL CHANGE. The change we are getting now is someone smart and someone on the peoples side. Massive change over the last 8 years.
Sorry but your revision of the primaries and general election does not jive with reality.

I do however agree that everyone should have known he would be like Clinton, minus the dress I hope. Afterall he is just another politician with the D assigned to his name.

He did change his stance on many, many issues including his immediate withdrawl from Iraq. Maybe this is the change he was promising?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 04:08 PM

972 posts, read 1,332,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Sorry but your revision of the primaries and general election does not jive with reality.

I do however agree that everyone should have known he would be like Clinton, minus the dress I hope. Afterall he is just another politician with the D assigned to his name.

He did change his stance on many, many issues including his immediate withdrawl from Iraq. Maybe this is the change he was promising?
'your' -- this statement doesnt make sense, explain what you meant, please.

I think people change their stance as more information comes to light. But to me he didnt change his stance. If Bush signed this thing they have been working on to get a timeline, what really can Obama do about it? Obama was all along talking about a time line for withdrawl ect, and moving troops to Afganastan. We KNEW he was not anti war, get out right now crowd. We have a brain and listened to WHAT he was saying.

I have friends that ARE TRUE LEFT. They wrote in Kucinich, Mckinney or voted for another 3rd party or voted for Obama aceepting these facts. We ALL KNEW he was not far left like the Repubs were saying. Anyone complaining about it now -- didnt listen.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:11 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,091,241 times
Quote:
Anyone complaining about it now -- didnt listen.
It seems that deafness was a chronic affliction that affected both the right and the left, no surprise there.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:15 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,039,788 times
Because, Progressives generally sponsor rapid change over a short period of time. Something that America doesn't need right now. Instead, remember this:

Transitional Moderation > Sudden Change.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
'your' -- this statement doesnt make sense, explain what you meant, please.

I think people change their stance as more information comes to light. But to me he didnt change his stance. If Bush signed this thing they have been working on to get a timeline, what really can Obama do about it? Obama was all along talking about a time line for withdrawl ect, and moving troops to Afganastan. We KNEW he was not anti war, get out right now crowd. We have a brain and listened to WHAT he was saying.

I have friends that ARE TRUE LEFT. They wrote in Kucinich, Mckinney or voted for another 3rd party or voted for Obama aceepting these facts. We ALL KNEW he was not far left like the Repubs were saying. Anyone complaining about it now -- didnt listen.
Now wait a minute he did not lie or dupe ANYONE. People really on the far left did not vote for Obama. They voted for other people.

So a few thousand people are the total of the left in the Democrat party? Oh really? You're wrong.

We ALL knew he wasnt saying he would pull out of the war right away. You think so?

Ask the anti-war people that voted for Obama over Hillary then over McCain. Wrong again.

WE ALL heard him say he would be reaching across party lines, we ALL said he would be like Clinton.

That's pretty funny since Hillary and Bill became persona non grata during the primary and Obama's supporters could do nothing but trash Hillary, including the media. I missed him saying he would govern like Clinton. I did hear him say the following below. Wrong again.

“The real gamble in this election is playing the same Washington game with the same Washington players and expecting a different result,” Mr. Obama said. “You know, that’s a risk we can’t take. Not this year. Not when the stakes are this high.”

What Obama said during his campaigns is a matter of record. There is no disputing the facts.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
It seems that deafness was a chronic affliction that affected both the right and the left, no surprise there.
Could not agree more.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:42 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,586,362 times
Obama will be leading from the center-left - and will represent ALL Americans - which will be a very radical change from Bush...

I believe Obama will deliver us a substantial amount of change... and those who voted for him (and many who didn't) will be very glad they did.

We're just going to have to wait for him to take office and show us during the first few years of his administration...

Old 11-29-2008, 04:49 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,091,241 times
I love to debate history, there are witness accounts, papers, diaries, recordings and newspaper accounts to weed through from which to base a evaluation of what occurred or what didn't. I have never found a way to substantiate an argument about things that have yet to come to pass. Now I will grant there are many who based upon trends and other information are very adept at making future predictions (see educated guesses) but nothing can be made of such prognostications until those events come to pass, or don't. Frankly, I'll stick to history and leave the tea leaf reading to others.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:49 PM

972 posts, read 1,332,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Now wait a minute he did not lie or dupe ANYONE. People really on the far left did not vote for Obama. They voted for other people.

So a few thousand people are the total of the left in the Democrat party? Oh really? You're wrong.

We ALL knew he wasnt saying he would pull out of the war right away. You think so?

Ask the anti-war people that voted for Obama over Hillary then over McCain. Wrong again.

WE ALL heard him say he would be reaching across party lines, we ALL said he would be like Clinton.

That's pretty funny since Hillary and Bill became persona non grata during the primary and Obama's supporters could do nothing but trash Hillary, including the media. I missed him saying he would govern like Clinton. I did hear him say the following below. Wrong again.

“The real gamble in this election is playing the same Washington game with the same Washington players and expecting a different result,” Mr. Obama said. “You know, that’s a risk we can’t take. Not this year. Not when the stakes are this high.”

What Obama said during his campaigns is a matter of record. There is no disputing the facts.

You are wrong. You did not vote for him and you obviously do not know what WE talk about in our forums and to EACH OTHER. We knew what to expect and most voted for him knowing he was NOT far left. Your post is really hard to read with all the colors btw. waste of space since it has nothing in it anyways of truth. More republican talking points and spin is all. I SAID the far far left DID NOT vote for him and those that DID, did so accepting he wasnt FAR LEFT or anti war. You skipped right over that bit-- of course. If any of them did thinking he would be far left, I also said-- they werent listening then.

part you didnt read

Quote:
I have friends that ARE TRUE LEFT. They wrote in Kucinich, Mckinney or voted for another 3rd party or voted for Obama accepting these facts. We ALL KNEW he was not far left like the Repubs were saying. Anyone complaining about it now -- didnt listen.
And I never said he said he would govern like Clinton, I said WE knew he would because we LISTENED to him and knew where he stood on this issues. Stop putting words into my mouth and reading things into what I type--what you want to hear, to give you ammo to slam people with. If you can not make a good arguement without spinning things, I suggest you not comment. Taking what I say out of context and misquoting to paint the picture you like is ridiculous.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
You are wrong. You did not vote for him and you obviously do not know what WE talk about in our forums and to EACH OTHER. We knew what to expect and most voted for him knowing he was NOT far left. Your post is really hard to read with all the colors btw. waste of space since it has nothing in it anyways of truth. More republican talking points and spin is all. I SAID the far far left DID NOT vote for him and those that DID, did so accepting he wasnt FAR LEFT or anti war. You skipped right over that bit-- of course. If any of them did thinking he would be far left, I also said-- they werent listening then.

part you didnt read
Your "We" does not constitute the majority. When I spoke of people being duped I did not mean your little circle of friends or forum friends. I meant the voting left from center to far left. They voted based on what he said and yes they did listen to what he said and that is why they voted for him.

The progressive lefts thought they had a man in the White House that would represent them. Thank God it appears they were wrong in believing him and his campaing rhetoric.

Once again the facts are not to be denied.

Most important, we feel his candidacy, in its demonstrated investment in organizing and grassroots activism as well as his personal appeal, represents the best chance to forge a new progressive majority. For these reasons we support Obama for President.

Obama's Promise

Think the LEFT is not confused and upset with Obama? Check out the Huffington Post. Is Obama’s honeymoon with the LEFT over before his term has even began. The natives are certainly restless.

More Change that the LEFT Can’t Believe In … Obama May Delay Tax Cut Rollback for the Wealthy (Bush Tax Cuts Delayed?) | Scared Monkeys

The centrist Democratic group instrumental to former President Clinton's rise to the White House in 1992 has some advice for Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill.: get to the center, starting with taxes.

ABC News: Is Obama Too Far Left on Taxes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections