Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 06:35 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,281,297 times

Advertisements

Defeat with grace would be a lot easier if I hadn't watched the other side for 8 years NOT accept defeat with grace and in fact with outright disrespect for our president. Now the left wants me to forget how they have acted for 8 years, put our differences aside and accept the president they want. I can't bring myself to do that after what I have watched them do to Bush and the horrible things they have said about McCain. Now they want us to play nice. Would they be playing nice if McCain had won? No, the McCain and Palin bashing would continue. I'm sorry, I can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 06:35 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,849,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You sound very civil to me. Our children have had it rough too; but it was rough for us at that age also. We worked hard and it turned out good. We didn't go whinning for other people to bail us out and my children are not doing that either. We all voted for McCain this time. Something I learned long ago is to seek ye first the Kingdom of God, then all these other things shall be added unto you. That does not mean that you will not have difficult times, but God will take care of you. I would never look to someone who thinks babies should be murdered on a daily basis for my security. That will bring a curse on our land, not prosperity.
Agreed.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:37 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,849,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Defeat with grace would be a lot easier if I hadn't watched the other side for 8 years NOT accept defeat with grace and in fact with outright disrespect for our president. Now the left wants me to forget how they have acted for 8 years, put our differences aside and accept the president they want. I can't bring myself to do that after what I have watched them do to Bush and the horrible things they have said about McCain. Now they want us to play nice. Would they be playing nice if McCain had won? No, the McCain and Palin bashing would continue. I'm sorry, I can't.
Agreed.

In the words of Ann Coulter: "For now, we have a new president-elect. In the spirit of reaching across the aisle, we owe it to the Democrats to show their president the exact same kind of respect and loyalty that they have shown our recent Republican president."

Old 11-06-2008, 07:17 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,652,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I understand what you are saying for the most part. However, there is one thing I have a problem with. You say that you would "never look to someone who thinks babies should be murdered on a daily basis for your security". Who are you talking about because Obama does not feel that way. That sounds as if you are implying that he is going out and forcing women to have abortions. That is wrong. Men should keep their pants zipped up and women should keep their legs crossed if they don't want to become pregnant and do nothing to prevent that. It's called individuals taking responsibility for their own actions. As a Christian, I believe that God gives each and every one of us free will and we will all be judged on the decisions we make in our lives. Laying that at the feet of Obama is wrong, IMO.

I think Americans are responsible for what they allow. Obama has shown his need to "let women choose" to murder their babies. You are living in a dream world if you don't realize the blood of all these babies rest on all American people who stand by and let this happen. You need to check his voting record. Reading your post would make one think we should do away with all laws to prevent people from going out and killing anyone they want to. Abortion is murder and this man has run on protecting women's rights to do these murders. There is nothing Christian about that!

Old 11-06-2008, 07:18 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,445,670 times
Quote:
I think Americans are responsible for what they allow. Obama has shown his need to "let women choose" to murder their babies. You are living in a dream world if you don't realize the blood of all these babies rest on all American people who stand by and let this happen. You need to check his voting record. Reading your post would make one think we should do away with all laws to prevent people from going out and killing anyone they want to. Abortion is murder and this man has run on protecting women's rights to do these murders. There is nothing Christian about that!
Well, I would debate you more on this but this is totally off topic.

However, war is murder. Do you condone that?

Old 11-06-2008, 07:31 AM

24,439 posts, read 23,103,140 times
I hope to be proven wrong about Obama but I think either way we're in for very interesting times. But if Obama puts the country first, many of his most ardent supporters won't be happy.
I felt bad for people who didn't want Bush to win but at the same time I still realized that Gore and Kerry were also terrible candidates. And later on I accepted that Bush made many people unhappy and they had a right to voice their opinions. If Obama turns out to be a terrible leader its all our duty to complain.
Right now, it might be good to express concern that he might make the wrong decisions and swing to the left which would be disastrous. Clinton and Bush made huge errors when they thought they had a mandate and forged partisan political policies. Obama has to have that constantly reminded to him.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I hope to be proven wrong about Obama but I think either way we're in for very interesting times. But if Obama puts the country first, many of his most ardent supporters won't be happy.
I felt bad for people who didn't want Bush to win but at the same time I still realized that Gore and Kerry were also terrible candidates. And later on I accepted that Bush made many people unhappy and they had a right to voice their opinions. If Obama turns out to be a terrible leader its all our duty to complain.
Right now, it might be good to express concern that he might make the wrong decisions and swing to the left which would be disastrous. Clinton and Bush made huge errors when they thought they had a mandate and forged partisan political policies. Obama has to have that constantly reminded to him.
How about giving the guy a chance before you pass judgment?

Old 11-06-2008, 07:37 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,652,230 times
I think the Bible clearly teaches that we have a right to defend ourselves. Whether this war is right or wrong will have to be judged by God. I didn't vote for Bush because I thought he would start this war. So you are preaching to the choir. But I don't think we should be irresponsible in ending this conflict by leaving innocent people over there to be killed.

You are discussing apples and oranges. War is a little different than someone getting rid of a baby just because it is not wanted. Abortion is not something open to discussion for me. That is only one of the reasons that I say that there will be no defeat with grace for me with this choice of presidents.

And there is no humility in the man elected. He shows no responsibility to those who elected him. The courts asked for three papers to prove he is a natural born citizen and instead of providing the information so we could know he is a natural born citizen, he got the case dismissed. I will not claim him as president until he shows the information.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:37 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,821,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I could not agree with you more!! Before the election when it became obvious that Obama would most likely win, I told a friend that the good thing about this outcome was that we would not have to suffer through the nastiness that would have insued for the next 4 years if McCain had won. McCain is obviously a very honorable man who loves this country greatly and has spent his whole life in service to it. To have seen this man vilified would have broken my heart and I wasn't even that strong a supporter of his candidacy. I just hate the nastiness of the last 8 years. To see the purveyers of this nastiness now want to join hands and sing kumbaya is a little much. I think I will just stand on the sidelines and keep my mouth shut.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:40 AM

Quote:
I think the Bible clearly teaches that we have a right to defend ourselves. Whether this war is right or wrong will have to be judged by God. I didn't vote for Bush because I thought he would start this war. So you are preaching to the choir. But I don't think we should be irresponsible in ending this conflict by leaving innocent people over there to be killed.

You are discussing apples and oranges. War is a little different than someone getting rid of a baby just because it is not wanted. Abortion is not something open to discussion for me. That is only one of the reasons that I say that there will be no defeat with grace for me with this choice of presidents.

And there is no humility in the man elected. He shows no responsibility to those who elected him. The courts asked for three papers to prove he is a natural born citizen and instead of providing the information so we could know he is a natural born citizen, he got the case dismissed. I will not claim him as president until he shows the information.
Oh, I see. This isn't totally about abortion. You just do not like Obama. There is nothing left to discuss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections