Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,775,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Jeez, get off your mccain/palin hate for a minute. I asked because I honestly wanted to know, and didn't know that they were friends. But frankly, I'm not sure friendship is enough to base the vpotus with.

Now, I dislike palins nomination, I distrust her religous leanings when it comes to policy, and generally I think she was a very poor pick made to make a 'wow' factor. So, I agree with you (though I don't think she is the devil incarnate as some do ).

But really, don't you think other high ranking democrats would have made a better pick for obama? Not that he is losing, mind...just a better person for the office of vpotus?
When did I say a friendship was the sole reason Obama selected Biden?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 09:12 PM

442 posts, read 791,056 times
Biden? Who's Biden?

Isn't he that old white guy that always follows Obama around? What's up with that, it's like they're on the same ticket or something...

Old 10-11-2008, 09:36 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,823,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Wow, "he's an alien." That's the best you got? I heard he's a muslim and a terrorist. Isn't his middle name ahmadinejad?
Haven't you seen the tee shirts with the false ticket?

Osama
Bin Laden

I saw some in the mall today!

Plus, one NY county ( Renssalear, I think) sent out the absentee ballots for Osama!

Is this a Freudian slip?

Old 10-11-2008, 09:41 PM

442 posts, read 791,056 times
On a more serious note, I'd be much more confident in a Biden presidency if McCain had to lose, but NObama's an entirely different story...

Old 10-11-2008, 09:56 PM

52 posts, read 102,608 times
Joe Biden is all kinds of greatness and I cannot see how anyone can bash him with any legit reason.
Joe Biden: Fired Up in Liberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
However, Palin demonstrates McCain's poor judgement. He blew his first and one of the most important decisions as POTUS.

If you can think of something, go ahead.

Wow, "he's an alien." That's the best you got? I heard he's a muslim and a terrorist. Isn't his middle name ahmadinejad?

Last edited by the floacist; 10-11-2008 at 10:06 PM..

Old 10-11-2008, 10:04 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,744,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I was really perplexed that obama would chose biden. I knew he wouldn't pick hilary (and knew she wouldn't accept even if he did). But biden? Sure, he has the experience that obama lacks, but still....biden was not the best of the D vpotus pool. If anyone can explain why biden over other less polarizing candidates, I'd love to know.
Of course, Hillary would have accepted! Unless she told you differently. If so, sour grapes.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:08 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,842,651 times
Biden is the most real of the four candidates.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:30 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,402,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
Haven't you seen the tee shirts with the false ticket?

Osama
Bin Laden

I saw some in the mall today!

Plus, one NY county ( Renssalear, I think) sent out the absentee ballots for Osama!

Is this a Freudian slip?
No, it's an indication of the level of education (or lack thereof) in upstate NY..........

Old 10-12-2008, 06:35 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,047,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Biden is the most real of the four candidates.
I agree.
His blue collar background and poignant personal loss are compelling.
The gaffes, um, add some color. He's made some interesting verbal miscues, for sure.
But when I listen to him, he seems less rehearsed and scripted.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:38 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,432,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperIncumbent View Post
On a more serious note, I'd be much more confident in a Biden presidency if McCain had to lose, but NObama's an entirely different story...
On a REALLY serious note, what's your take on a Palin presidency if something happened to McCain? Talk about scary and dangerous. All I can say is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections