Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 09:48 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,047,101 times

Advertisements

Biden contradicts State Department on Benghazi security | The Cable

Quote:
Vice President Joe Biden claimed that the administration wasn't aware of requests for more security in Libya before the Sept. 11 attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi during Thursday night's debate, contradicting two State Department officials and the former head of diplomatic security in Libya.

"We weren't told they wanted more security. We did not know they wanted more security there," Biden said.
In fact, two security officials who worked for the State Department in Libya at the time testified Thursday that they repeatedly requested more security and two State Department officials admitted they had denied those requests.
"All of us at post were in sync that we wanted these resources," the top regional security officer in Libya over the summer, Eric Nordstrom, testified. "In those conversations, I was specifically told [by Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Charlene Lamb] ‘You cannot request an SST extension.' I determined I was told that because there would be too much political cost. We went ahead and requested it anyway."
Did this guy just completely ignore the testimony from yesterday?!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 10:08 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,037,364 times
They are too busy campaigning to worry about some testimony to congress about ambassadors being killed because of their inempt actions. I wonder if they even realize that we were attacked at times.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:14 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,140,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

Joe Biden just isn't smart enough to know the truth. He's the original idiot.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,317,904 times
Quote:

If the White HOuse never saw any of those requests there is only one person to blame for it and that would be the head master at State. In other words, Hillary was not talking to Obama about this problem. Of course, those people went through proper channels and from what Biden says it appears to me that the proper method doesn't work these days. Hell, they knew it was terrorists all along but as the Chief says they are too busy campaigning to take a lot of notice of what is going on in Libya.

Why weren't the buildings being put to State Department requirements before hand? I think that since Obama decided to do his kind of nation building in Libya he should have seen to it that the construction was going on.

Biden tried very hard to smile and smirk his way through that part of the debate but he failed at everything other than being a condescending old man debating a younger man. Joe "the Condescender" Biden is my name for him from now on. No longer will I use "food in mouth" to describe him. His smirks, smiles, and laughs decided my household about who to vote for. Both my sons were here during part of it and they sickened at how he behaved and my wife was even worse. Romney - Ryan have four solid votes from my family. Think how hard the oldest son has it since his girl friend is a staunch Democrat. They got through the first debate watching it on TV but I doubt they would have tonight if she didn't have to go to a football game as part of her teaching duties.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:32 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,468,876 times
I learned something tonight! i like Obama a hell of a lot better then Biden, and that ain't saying too much.

Besides being a complete utter jerk, arrogant pompas fool, i thought he was too smug for his own good, and he probably ain't all that good.

He is a rude SOB who time and time again, was interupting Ryan, which i thought the stupid commentator, should have stopped. But i am glad she did not, because it showed, who has respect, and who lacks respect, who is mature and poised and calm, and that sure as hell was not Smirky, smiley face Biden

And when talking about our 4 dead Americans, and the way, he just seemed not to care to me, he can Joe go blow!

Old 10-11-2012, 10:32 PM

27,194 posts, read 15,371,712 times
Quote:

Yep, just continued what public knowledge now knows is lies.
Strange how they think they can do this hen the truth is already well known.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:26 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,505,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
They are too busy campaigning to worry about some testimony to congress about ambassadors being killed because of their inempt actions. I wonder if they even realize that we were attacked at times.
Sounds like you didn't pay attention to the "testimony" at the GOP sideshow, either. Because if you had, you would have learned the opinion of the security director at the time ... who said the additional guards likely wouldn't have made a difference.

I appreciate your indignation, though. But I haven't noticed you criticize the GOP for slashing more than $500 million from the State Department's request for funds to protect our embassies and staff. You can't have it both ways.

Follow the bouncing ball.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:35 AM

27,194 posts, read 15,371,712 times
Did you miss that more Dems voted aginst it than Republicans?

Old 10-12-2012, 11:58 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,791,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Sounds like you didn't pay attention to the "testimony" at the GOP sideshow, either. Because if you had, you would have learned the opinion of the security director at the time ... who said the additional guards likely wouldn't have made a difference.

I appreciate your indignation, though. But I haven't noticed you criticize the GOP for slashing more than $500 million from the State Department's request for funds to protect our embassies and staff. You can't have it both ways.

Follow the bouncing ball.
DEMS: 149 votes
REPUBS: 147 votes

Do you think voting is one-sided???

I gues you missed the part where Charlene Lamb said funding wasn't an issue.

No one knows what could have been done with the addition of 5/6 additional security personnel. Do you realize that security personnel at that level will lay down their lives for the people they protect? Who is to say they couldn't have gotten him out and who is to say that they couldn't. Additional personnel or not - the situation was critical, requests were made. Charlene Lamb made the decision not to consider the information and denied requests. I find it hard to believe that the Assistant Secretary of Diplomatic Security did not pass the info onto Hillary - her boss. I find it hard to believe that this was never discussed in an intelligence meeting, which Obama felt was unnecessary to attend (an inconvenience??) and put in memo form for Obama's weekly briefing, which came via his iPad.

This administration can't expect to (1) lie and deny and (2) not be held accountable for the lies and denial and failure to investigate and respond. Like you said, you can't have it both ways.

What does it say for the WH when it takes what, 5 or 7 days, for information to reach the top? For 5/7 days it was the video, the video, the video and then somehow the information finally flowed to the top?

Old 10-12-2012, 03:05 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,317,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
DEMS: 149 votes
REPUBS: 147 votes

Do you think voting is one-sided???

I gues you missed the part where Charlene Lamb said funding wasn't an issue.

No one knows what could have been done with the addition of 5/6 additional security personnel. Do you realize that security personnel at that level will lay down their lives for the people they protect? Who is to say they couldn't have gotten him out and who is to say that they couldn't. Additional personnel or not - the situation was critical, requests were made. Charlene Lamb made the decision not to consider the information and denied requests. I find it hard to believe that the Assistant Secretary of Diplomatic Security did not pass the info onto Hillary - her boss. I find it hard to believe that this was never discussed in an intelligence meeting, which Obama felt was unnecessary to attend (an inconvenience??) and put in memo form for Obama's weekly briefing, which came via his iPad.

This administration can't expect to (1) lie and deny and (2) not be held accountable for the lies and denial and failure to investigate and respond. Like you said, you can't have it both ways.

What does it say for the WH when it takes what, 5 or 7 days, for information to reach the top? For 5/7 days it was the video, the video, the video and then somehow the information finally flowed to the top?
I am pretty sure that gomexico heard only what was desired in that hearing. I listened to it and heard what he says but also think that there was quite a lot more that I heard and he/she didn't hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections