Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 08:49 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,415,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
Dude you are one paranoid individual - regardless of 'your culture'
I accept that as you eating your words.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:52 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,538,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Just wait and see, when he loses he will be calling for riots on the streets and he himself will be starting a civil war between fellow Americans.

Wait and see.

I can hear Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity teaming up for "Operation Chaos" and using their respective radio hatefests to somehow twist it around against Democrats.

These people are pathological and puny, like many of their listeners

Old 09-18-2008, 08:53 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,025,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post

Incapable? No. I didn't realize you asked me a question. Please restate.
(sigh) I'm typing this verrrrrrrrrry slowly. Follow the bouncing ball. It's okay. I'll wait while you catch up.

You stated that the Nazi tactic (which you still haven't named) was to somehow imply (but you didn't say how) that when they were told to shout at people, they were actually supposed to beat them. Where is a reference, any reference, to this actual practice? And what is your proof that because these Nazi "shoutings" turned into "beatings", that's what will happen in Obama's camp? Further, where is your evidence that this is even what Obama wants?

That's Question Number One. When you're done with it, please turn your paper over and respond to Question Number Two: If instructing someone to argue is a direct tie-in to a known Nazi practice without actually stating that any violence should occur, what makes real verbal violence, including swearing and jumping up from one's chair at an opponent to jab a finger at him or her, not an indication of impending violence?

Hopefully this is all clear. You made the assertions. I'm simply asking you to back them up, and to explain them to my satisfaction with some sort of real source, any real source, other than "I learned about this in school".

You need to understand here, One Thousand. You are accusing a public figure of acting as a Nazi, employing Nazi tactics and of implying instruction of actual violence as part of the education of his followers. That's, well, rather serious. So that we can know you're talking out of your upper half with these assertions, a little backup would be helpful.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:53 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,538,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Obama strikes me as a fascist.
You, in turn, strike me as incredibly dull witted for making such an observation.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:54 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,513,800 times
Well let's see: Obama wants a national police force (which would be under executive, that is, his, control) given more funding and training than the military (we're talking billions here each year in budget...), and he wants his loyal followers to go around arguing with and getting in the faces of those who disagree with him. If he doesn't have some fascist tendancies he's simply an immature kid in a grownup's body.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:56 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,044,502 times
Quote:
I don't know, he wants a militaristic national police force (brown shirts anyone?)...Obama's 'Big Brother' vanishes from speech
Did you actually listen to the speech that he gave or are you just reading what the right wing website wrote about it. Obama was talking about a civilian national security force in the respect of the Peace Corps, Foreign Service Corp, etc. that would help restore our standing in the world. The whole speech was about how we can all serve our country.

I guess it's just easy to have someone give you your opinion instead of forming it for yourself.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:56 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,240,541 times
Jerz and rightofcenter do I have to put you two in time out?

Naw! The dialog on this thread has been better than anything I could have watched on the tube tonight. You guys crack me up. Props to you both!!

Old 09-18-2008, 08:57 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,044,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
I accept that as you eating your words.
Ok, you are paranoid and delusional.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:58 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,025,424 times
Quote:
Well let's see: Obama wants a national police force (which would be under executive, that is, his, control) given more funding and training than the military (we're talking billions here each year in budget...), and he wants his loyal followers to go around arguing with and getting in the faces of those who disagree with him. If he doesn't have some fascist tendancies he's simply an immature kid in a grownup's body.
How

does

the

point

of

the

post...

O..b...a...ma...a u...r...g...e...s v...i...o...l...e...n...c...e etc.

prove that Obama is urging VIOLENCE?

Oh my freakin' God. Hooked on Phonics! It's not expensive. You can even pick it up on e-bay, I'll bet.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:58 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,532,478 times
Quote:
. If he doesn't have some fascist tendancies he's simply an immature kid in a grownup's body.
Sounds like you're talking about Bush.

Last edited by beenhereandthere; 09-18-2008 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: words
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections