Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2008, 07:54 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,484,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Actually, I'm very interested in history and would love to know where you read about this. Nazis are not my favorite subject (which I suppose is why I vote Democrat) but I am still curious about this.
My studies of the Nazis while in college.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:56 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,441,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Now I take his statement to mean argue his points to your friends and relatives.........try to reason with them and get them to switch their votes which is all ok as the McCain supporters are doing the same thing.............that being said...........not only from reading some of the replies on CD about the election but some of the more vitorolic communities like the D............ground..........there are some really scary people who would and could take his comments out of context and get very threatening and hostile............Of course, threatening and hostile will certainly win over the person to vote for Nobama
And this is very true..... sadly.....

Old 09-18-2008, 07:59 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,042,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
A lot could be read into that by a fanatic. And it's interesting that he doesn't say debate, but argue, and "get in their face." Highly suggestive without actually saying what fanatic supporters will read into it.
Well you certainly read a lot into what he said so does that mean you are a fanatic?

Old 09-18-2008, 07:59 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
My studies of the Nazis while in college.
So was this from a textbook then?

Or was it during a lecture? The opinion of the professor?

Did you know that McCain has a long history of literally screaming in people's faces to quiet them or to make his point? Complete with swearing, and jabbing a finger directly toward the person's face? And calling people derogatory names in order to intimidate/shut up (such as "c * n t," "****", etc.)? What do your Nazi studies tell you about that?

Old 09-18-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
Well you certainly read a lot into what he said so does that mean you are a fanatic?
Bingo!

Give this boy a cigar!

I don't know all facets of the definition of "fanatic" but I think paranoia can figure into it...no? Also deliberately misrepresenting facts in the belief that it is for the eventual greater good. Right?

So. There ya go! We've got a good few fanatics on this very thread.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:02 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,846,925 times
Quote:
Give this boy a cigar!
who, bill clinton?

Old 09-18-2008, 08:02 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,005,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I just can't see a liberal getting in my face. they might pass around a petition, or have a demonstration about getting in my face, but they would keep their distance, because if they get too close, they might discover the truth.
Ah, but these aren't just liberals -- they're TRUE BELIEVERS.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:03 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,412,401 times
Quote:
Did you know that McCain has a long history of literally screaming in people's faces to quiet them or to make his point?
What evidence have you of his intention? Are you just naively assuming it was to quiet them?

Quote:
What do your Nazi studies tell you about that?
One subject at a time! Let's finish talking about how getting in your neighbors face over a topic is threatening and oppressive to contrary ideas.

Let's stay on topic.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Ah, but these aren't just liberals -- they're TRUE BELIEVERS.
Who the hell on here called him or herself a "true believer"? What liberal, I mean?

Can you show me this?

Seriously. It is frightening how much garbage you Pubs make up in the name of maintaining your erroneous beliefs.

I guess now, in the twilight time of your candidate's dimming campaign, it's all you have left.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:04 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,484,723 times
Quote:
So was this from a textbook then?

Or was it during a lecture? The opinion of the professor?

Did you know that McCain has a long history of literally screaming in people's faces to quiet them or to make his point? Complete with swearing, and jabbing a finger directly toward the person's face? And calling people derogatory names in order to intimidate/shut up (such as "c * n t," "****", etc.)? What do your Nazi studies tell you about that?
Direct from primary sources...speeches, pamphlets, propaganda, etc. Take for instance some of the Nazis' statements leading up to Kristallnacht...very clear what they were after, but afterwards they pointed to various words and said "see, we didn't want this violence..." and tried to say it was spontaneous actions by the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections