Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 10:14 AM
NWS NWS started this thread

720 posts, read 1,645,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
You mean scary like, and nutty as, Obama's church? With the racially-biased "Rev." Jeremiah Wright? You know the one: the preacher who said "God Damn America?" Probably the only protestant minister in America the terrorists approve of. Obama saw fit to stick with this sicko for like 20 years, until press coverage high-lighted the issue...

Bud
Have you ever read the "god damn america speech"?
You only watched the 10 second clip and you know everything about Rev. Wright? The speech was 40 minutes long and you have heard 10 seconds of it. Rev. Wright was a Marine and then went to serve in the Navy
He is a patriot.
Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive - The full story behind Wright’s “God Damn America” sermon « - Blogs from CNN.com
This is a small quote from the speech with the words you are referring to.

“And the United States of America government, when it came to treating her citizens of Indian descent, she failed. She put them on reservations.”

“When it came to putting her citizens of Japanese descent fairly, she failed. She put them in interment prison camps.”

“When it came to putting the citizens of African descent fairly, America failed. She put them in chains. The government put them on slave quarters. Put them on auction blocks. Put them in cotton fields. Put them in inferior schools. Put them in substandard housing. Put them scientific experiments. Put them in the lower paying jobs. Put them outside the equal protection of the law. Kept them out of their racist bastions of higher education, and locked them into positions of hopelessness and helplessness.”

“The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three strike law and then wants us to sing God Bless America. Naw, naw, naw. Not God Bless America. God Damn America! That’s in the Bible. For killing innocent people. God Damn America for treating us citizens as less than human. God Damn America as long as she tries to act like she is God and she is Supreme.”

The part of the speech you are referring to condemns the American Government for it's treatment of its people and citizens of the world under god's banner. He is condemning the government untill they accept that God is supreme and the government has been and is wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 10:16 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,858,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Normally I would agree with you. But this to me looks....insane. People babbling in 'tongues' and writhing on the floor...then what? Breakfast at Dennys? Weird, weird, weird! I can't understand the mindset, and it does worry me that someone in charge of foreign policy is coming at it with this type of apocolyptical mindset.
Now mind you, I also feel the same way of islamic extremist, and well -- fundamentalists of all stripes. If their belief is so fervert, would they look at starting armegeddon as a dictate from god? Go to the christian subforum and read all about the rapture -- these people are as scary in their own way as al queda. And just as irrational.
Well, you think it looks insane. Okay, pls get the liberal media to do all the dirt digging on this church it wants. The reps will then start playing the delighful rev Wright tapes. Oh, you guys never understand about opening doors.

My fav rev Wright moment: When he is making the movement of "doggy style" when speaking of Clinton...in front of all the little kiddies. That was heartwarming and so spiritual! Let's see that another 1,000 times!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:19 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
This is why it is a good thing that there is separation of church and state in this country - or has everyone forgotten that?????

I don't care if you are religious or are agnostic or an atheist. I know others may, but if you run for office, I do not care as long as you uphold the Constitution.

Maybe someone here is old enuff to remember when Kennedy ran - and Protestants went bananas - saying he would be under the thumb of the Pope. Dear me.

Same for questions about Romney and LDS church. These are non-issues. If you are upholding the Constitution, it is of no consequence what your religious beliefs may or may not be. We have separation of church and state so take a deep breath. That is a good thing. And that means anyone can participate in our government - Christian, Jew, Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, etc. - or atheist and agnostic.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:33 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,636,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Well, you think it looks insane. Okay, pls get the liberal media to do all the dirt digging on this church it wants. The reps will then start playing the delighful rev Wright tapes. Oh, you guys never understand about opening doors.

My fav rev Wright moment: When he is making the movement of "doggy style" when speaking of Clinton...in front of all the little kiddies. That was heartwarming and so spiritual! Let's see that another 1,000 times!
I am not voting for obama or mccain. No partisan politics here.
But whether it is wright and his hatred or this church and its...weirdness, I don't know. It makes me wonder if people are capable of seperating their relgious (and in obamas case cultural/racist pastors beliefs) from their oath of office. If palins church is one that talks of the rapture, then this is a very legitimate question to bring up --- will she feel compelled to hurry the rapture along if she has opportunity to do so? This is a much more legitimate question then any of the 'she has a baby!!' crap that some have been agonizing over.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:36 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,442,384 times
Oh good lord! Allot of churches have people who speak in tongues.
At least they are not acting like Rev Wright!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:39 AM

171 posts, read 261,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
This is scary stuff. Talk of raising the dead.
Palin herself saying the Iraq war is a "task from God"
She's a religious nut.

YouTube - Palin's Demon Haunted Churches
.. and perhaps .. she is the next President of the US ..
please no ..

Old 09-08-2008, 10:46 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,596,157 times
I see a few here bring up Rev. Wright's church. I think I'd rather visit his church than Ms. Palin's church. I always thought people that do stuff like that are weird.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:15 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,206,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
This is scary stuff. Talk of raising the dead.
Palin herself saying the Iraq war is a "task from God"
She's a religious nut.

YouTube - Palin's Demon Haunted Churches

what is sacry is Obama's hate filled racist mongering church of 20 years!!!
but I thought you guys wanted to leave that alone???
maybe not

Old 09-08-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post

I vote we have a "church war"!!
bring it on!!!
I thought the sex humping was great and would love to see a re-play!!

Old 09-08-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I see a few here bring up Rev. Wright's church. I think I'd rather visit his church than Ms. Palin's church. I always thought people that do stuff like that are weird.

let's poll the voters on that one, ace!!
let 'er rip!!
one of my favorite REV WRITE QUOTES
" OBAMA IS JUST YOUR TYPICIAL POLITICIAN THAT WILL SAY ANYTHING TO GET ELECTED"
OR OBAMA TRYING TO DEFEND WRIGHT< HE THROUGH HIS TYPICIAL
WHITE GRANDMOTHER UNDER THE BUS
hey, you are right lets warm up the sound bites
I feel happier already!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections