Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 01:38 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,598,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
You're stuck.

Saddam kicked 'em out years before but not during the lead up to the war. Ready to admit that yet?

Stuck? Not at all, he played one game too many and got his just reward. Was he your uncle or something, it seem way too personal with you. He's dead rotting in moslem hell with mohammed where he belongs. It's OK, a new Iraq is born, lets hope it fairs better then the old.

Let's just hope those brave military personnel never have to see a picture on their chain of command boards with Dumbo as CinC. It wouldn't be good for retention.

It's 0337 here, I need to sleep, you need to get ready for your first class.......remember, ask your history teacher, hopefully he'll set you straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 01:39 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,541,063 times
Quote:
You're stuck.

Saddam kicked 'em out years before but not during the lead up to the war. Ready to admit that yet?
Score at halftime Wings of gold 24 SLCPUNK 0 ! Hope you put in the backup quarterback for the 2nd half!

Old 09-04-2008, 01:51 AM

11,448 posts, read 14,525,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Stuck? Not at all, he played one game too many and got his just reward. Was he your uncle or something, it seem way too personal with you. He's dead rotting in moslem hell with mohammed where he belongs. It's OK, a new Iraq is born, lets hope it fairs better then the old.

Let's just hope those brave military personnel never have to see a picture on their chain of command boards with Dumbo as CinC. It wouldn't be good for retention.

It's 0337 here, I need to sleep, you need to get ready for your first class.......remember, ask your history teacher, hopefully he'll set you straight.

You didn't answer the question. Why not?

Bush kicked them out, that's why, and you know it.

Let me leave you with something that's crucial to understanding the Dem vote on this resolution. I know you'll ignore it, or come back with a logical fallacy type argument, and that's expected. But it's important for younger readers who can easily get conned by a group of liars to read it and digest it.

It's a snippet of Hillary's speech during the time of the vote. Many other Dems came forward after their vote, and essentially said the same thing. That they put their trust in the President to do the right thing-use diplomacy. Who wouldn't trust the POTUS after all? Especially during the political climate that existed during that time. It's actually a great speech, and it is very clear on her position and why she voted the way she did.

"Because bipartisan support for this resolution makes success in the United Nations more likely, and therefore, war less likely, and because a good faith effort by the United States, even if it fails, will bring more allies and legitimacy to our cause, I have concluded, after careful and serious consideration, that a vote for the resolution best serves the security of our nation. If we were to defeat this resolution or pass it with only a few Democrats, I am concerned that those who want to pretend this problem will go way with delay will oppose any UN resolution calling for unrestricted inspections.

This is a very difficult vote. This is probably the hardest decision I have ever had to make -- any vote that may lead to war should be hard -- but I cast it with conviction.

And perhaps my decision is influenced by my eight years of experience on the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue in the White House watching my husband deal with serious challenges to our nation. I want this President, or any future President, to be in the strongest possible position to lead our country in the United Nations or in war. Secondly, I want to insure that Saddam Hussein makes no mistake about our national unity and for our support for the President's efforts to wage America's war against terrorists and weapons of mass destruction. And thirdly, I want the men and women in our Armed Forces to know that if they should be called upon to act against Iraq, our country will stand resolutely behind them.

My vote is not, however, a vote for any new doctrine of pre-emption, or for uni-lateralism, or for the arrogance of American power or purpose -- all of which carry grave dangers for our nation, for the rule of international law and for the peace and security of people throughout the world.

Over eleven years have passed since the UN called on Saddam Hussein to rid himself of weapons of mass destruction as a condition of returning to the world community. Time and time again he has frustrated and denied these conditions. This matter cannot be left hanging forever with consequences we would all live to regret. War can yet be avoided, but our responsibility to global security and to the integrity of United Nations resolutions protecting it cannot. I urge the President to spare no effort to secure a clear, unambiguous demand by the United Nations for unlimited inspections.

And finally, on another personal note, I come to this decision from the perspective of a Senator from New York who has seen all too closely the consequences of last year's terrible attacks on our nation. In balancing the risks of action versus inaction, I think New Yorkers who have gone through the fires of hell may be more attuned to the risk of not acting. I know that I am.

So it is with conviction that I support this resolution as being in the best interests of our nation. A vote for it is not a vote to rush to war; it is a vote that puts awesome responsibility in the hands of our President and we say to him - use these powers wisely and as a last resort. And it is a vote that says clearly to Saddam Hussein - this is your last chance - disarm or be disarmed."

Old 09-04-2008, 01:52 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,569,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Score at halftime Wings of gold 24 SLCPUNK 0 ! Hope you put in the backup quarterback for the 2nd half!

Old 09-04-2008, 03:36 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,923,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Apparently they are OK with this. George Bush and Dick Cheney committed this country to a war by LYING. After finding out about this, what did McCain do? Support the war.

Palin? Where was she and where was her outrage at the president of the US lying to risk the lives of millions, wasting trillions of dollars in the process? Apparently this is OK with her as well.

You Republicans can give the impression that the RNC has "knocked one out of the park", but these pathetic realities that defined the Republican leadership the last 8 years, leadership supported by McCain, does not support your case.

Republican credibility? Annihilated.

After watching this nonsense that was the RNC, I'm convinced that the Obama/Biden ticket has nothing to worry about.

Hmmm....I seem to recall that HILLARY voted to go to Iraq too...

Concerning credibility: do we really need to bring up past Democratic credibility issues? You sure you wanna go there?

Bud

Old 09-04-2008, 11:07 AM

That ain't no Camero, THIS is a Camero! 1968 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Photographs. High Resolution, Wallpapers, Destop Images.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
You didn't answer the question. Why not?

Bush kicked them out, that's why, and you know it.
You probably don't remember since you were just starting middle school, YES, he called them back because your uncle was playing games yet again. Remember them NOT being allowed into mosque and palaces? I do, sorry, Saddam fought the law and the law won. Too bad for him, lynch mob got em after being found in a spider hole. I'm glad, you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections