Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 06:04 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,210,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Please, don't be surprised when this kind of dispicable smear comes out from Obama hitsquad from the far-left looney organizations. Right up their alley.
Hopefully you are correct, I would like to see this brought out as a significant issue, and the impact on the voting public.

Personally, I welcome the issue.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:06 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
You are right. It should play even better than the General Betrayus ad from those looney-kooks.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:31 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,028,394 times
http://www.swiftvets.com/theyservedscript.html

Old 06-28-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
They haven't had to learn from anybody. Haven't you been watching the democrat primaries? Full of charges of racism and sexism?

We on the Right have known this about the dems/libs all along. How pleased I am that they showed the whole world just what a bunch of despicable loons they truly are.
Return of the Swift Boaters

More than three years after John Kerry's bitter defeat, at the dawn of what looks like a far more promising campaign cycle for the Democrats, the party is still haunted by the specter of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. Once upon a time, "Swift boat" denoted an obscure military vessel, but thanks to the activities of this group it has come to represent movement conservatism's penchant for ruthlessly (and effectively) smearing any and all political opponents, from a sitting senator and war hero to an 11-year-old boy with a cranial fracture.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:36 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
It was the truth. What's the problem? Kerry sold out his fellow soldiers with his lies and propaganda for the enemy.

Going to be hard to do with McCain, a war hero that endured years of torture and has a lifetime of service to his country.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
You are right. It should play even better than the General Betrayus ad from those looney-kooks.

The most notable recipient of Swift Boat largesse is John McCain, erstwhile front-runner and Stand Up Guy. When the Swift Boat ads were first unleashed, McCain was alone among his Republican colleagues to condemn them. A fellow Vietnam veteran, a good friend of Kerry's and a former target of smears about his own service, McCain called the ads "dishonest and dishonorable," a "cheap stunt," and he urged Bush to condemn them. But in pursuit of the GOP nomination, McCain ditched the mantle of maverick for that of hack, and his once-floundering, possibly rejuvenated campaign has been aided along the way by $61,650 from Swift Boat donors and their associates. "There is such a thing as dirty money," said Senator Kerry in a statement, after The Nation informed him of McCain's FEC records. "I'm surprised that the John McCain I knew who was smeared in 2000 and thought so-called Swift Boating was wrong in 2004 would feel comfortable taking their money after seeing the way it was used to hurt the veterans I know he loves." (McCain's office did not return calls for comment.)

Ahhh Johnny you use to be such a good guy and now oh well and now? Hope you still believe Napalm was wrong or will you flip flop again?

Old 06-28-2008, 06:41 PM

994 posts, read 1,544,334 times
Quote:
It was the truth. What's the problem? Kerry sold out his fellow soldiers with his lies and propaganda for the enemy.

Going to be hard to do with McCain, a war hero that endured years of torture and has a lifetime of service to his country.
The 'Compassionate Conservatives' should be called the 'Consumate Liars'.

'Back in November T. Boone Pickens offered $1 million to anyone who could dispute the claims of the Swift Boat Liars who he helped finance during the 2004 election. Kerry took him up on the offer, but Pickens reneged. Kerry issued this response, and the Chicago Sun-Times posted this recap.
Ten veterans who have served with Kerry or witnessed his actions have written to Pickens again trying to take him up on the challenge. Sam Stein reports on the letter they sent along with evidence:
“Dear Mr. Pickens,” the letter (pdf) begins, “We are the crew and individual servicemen who served on or with Patrol Craft Fast 94 in Vietnam in early 1969… Regrettably the lies of the SBVT, which you helped bankroll and apparently still defend, tarnished the sacrifices we made, called into question the medals we were awarded and challenged the very authenticity of our service… We have children and families who were deeply affected by these lies and we believe you and the SBVT whom you supported owe us and the American people an apology for the tactics you bankrolled.

Veterans Who Served With Kerry Take On Swift Boat Lies - Liberal Values - Defending Liberty and Enlightened Thought

Old 06-28-2008, 06:45 PM

Just vetting not being disrespectful:
Jeffrey Klein: McCain's Secret, Questionable Record - Politics on The Huffington Post

One possible reason: After McCain had returned from Vietnam as a war hero and was physically rehabilitated, he was urged by his medical caretakers and military colleagues never to fly again. But McCain insisted on going up. As Carl Bernstein reported in Vanity Fair, he piloted an ultra-light, single propeller plane -- and crashed another time. His fifth loss of a plane has vanished from public records, but should be a subject of discussion in his Navy file. It wouldn't be surprising if his naval superiors worried that McCain was just too defiant, too reckless and too crash prone.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:50 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
It wouldn't be surprising if his naval superiors worried that McCain was just too defiant, too reckless and too crash prone.
If you don't know the facts, hell, just make them up. Good job.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
You have every right, as you say, to smear and display your disdain and hatred for a celebrated war hero.

I learned about smearing John McCain as a war hero 8 years ago.

Democracy Now! | Amy Goodman Questions John McCain on the Smear Tactics of Karl Rove & George Bush

AMY GOODMAN: Do you think this is similar to the attacks on you in 2000, the Bush attacks in 2000?

JOHN MCCAIN: No, I put the attacks behind me. The attacks that were made on me are long ago and far away, and I don’t ever think about them or dwell on them.

AMY GOODMAN: They were very personal, very harsh, and they questioned your war record.

JOHN MCCAIN: And I had to get over it. And I got over it, and I don’t look back in anger. I look back as running for president as the greatest experience of my life.

AMY GOODMAN: It’s one thing to get over it. It’s another to stand with and campaign with the man who did it to you, George Bush.

JOHN MCCAIN: I put it behind me. I put it behind me. Absolutely, we have a very good, friendly relationship.

AMY GOODMAN: Has he ever explained himself to you, why he attacked your wife, Cindy, and your kid?

JOHN MCCAIN: I can only——my discussions with the president are private. Okay? Thanks, good.

And now he aligns with Bush and Rove is a campaign strategist for him. But no I am the bad guy who will burn in some, something.

I just want to be like Rove and Bush they are the masters are they looney left wing kooks also? Typed a g by mistake but caught it and changed it to a k. Must have McCain identity syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections