Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2008, 10:13 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,337,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeet View Post
they Were Not 'vc' - They Were Ordinary Villagers Living As Ordinary A Life As You Can With People Like Mccain Dropping Napalm On Their Kids. I Guess That's Something You Really Have No Concern About.
Oh Please!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2008, 10:23 AM

31,692 posts, read 41,133,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I agree, but you know better, this is politics 101. To be fair Obama has done some pretty lame things for the sake of getting elected too. You are smart enough to know that and what they are so I won't list them.
yup no argument at all and you know I have listed some of the Obama shortcomings.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
If Obama can forget (Wright, Ayers, Rezko) and be forgiven what does that say about him as Commander in Chief? It is an easy game to play but in the end there are no winners.
Rove was the one who attacked him and not a problem because of association with. Remember it is the Right that is proclaiming so surrender with those who wish us pain and suffering and condemn Obama for wanting to talk to them. So how do these same people rationalize McCain the tough no surrender, no negotiate with them now embracing Rove as part of his team? Just read how the Rove led team is presenting him this week and contrast it with the Rove led campaign in 2000? Is that adaptation or what?

Old 06-29-2008, 10:27 AM

[quote=LML;4271606]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Let us ask them to ponder this question.

If we accept that this is a mean spirited thread by one who should be shamed and cast to the winds then we must ask those who have oh so attacked my post the following:

Were you equally disgusted when Rove attacked McCain in 2004 in South Carolina with a vicious smear campaign about his military service, marriage, Black daughter out of wedlock etc?
Yes I was tremendously disgusted by that attack...as I have been by almost every single thing that Rove, Bush & Co have done

Were you equally disgusted when Rove Swift Boated Kerry and his war record and destroyed the perception of this valiant war hero in the eyes of the American people? Yes I was so angry about that and so disgusted that it wasn't even safe to mention it around me unless you wanted to hear me rant for an hour

Did you speak up and out and condemn for then and forever the nefarious Rove.? If I had my way, Rove would be in prison for all the evil he has done to this country. He is truly evil.

Did you condemn and speak up when the Bush White House and possibly Rove lied and outted Valerie Plank who had served her country well in the CIA? Putting her career at end and possibly her life in danger? Absolutely

Please do share!

And if you read the posts I have made throughout this board you will see that I also "speak up" when the effort is made to smear Senator Obama or Senator Clinton. It is BECAUSE I despise Rove and his evil tactics and see how much damage he and his ilk have done to this country. They have made us so divided that we can no longer engage in the discourse necessary to repair the damage they have done. Long ago they chose the course of "divide and conquor" and we continue to play into their hands while they continue to rake in their blood money.

QUOTE]
I congratulate and thank you and fully accept YOUR critique of this post as being valid.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The "kindness" the VC showed? You are kidding I hope? If not, you are totally ignorant of the facts!
You may want to review the facts of his rescue as it was the citizens of Vietnam who saved him after the crash.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:54 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,045,683 times
The American Spectator

Quote:
After McCain's plane was shot down, he fell into a lake in Hanoi, breaking a leg and both arms as he ejected from the plane. A crowd gathered and pulled him out of the water, kicking and hitting him as his right foot dangled next to his left knee at a 90 degree angle. Instead of being treated under the rules of the Geneva Convention, someone smashed a rifle butt into his shoulder and broke it. A bayonet was stuck into his ankle and his groin. Taken to the Hanoi Hilton, as the prison for American POWs was called, he was stretched out on the cold floor -- and over the next several days beaten again and again, his broken arms and leg included. They let him lay there for days in excruciating pain, lying in vomit and his own waste. Eventually he was moved to a hospital, never washed or cleaned, to lie with rats and swarming mosquitoes. His interrogators came to the "hospital" and -- repeatedly -- savagely beat him day after day as he shrieked in agony. Then it was back to his prison cell, where one guard would hold him while others took turns beating him over and over again. His ribs were broken, his teeth cracked. Both arms were broken, for the second time, neither set properly when finally treated.
Who are the good guys, Tuborg?

Not quite the rosy scenario you posted from the kook-left blogs, is it?

Old 06-29-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The American Spectator

Who are the good guys, Tuborg?

Not quite the rosy scenario you posted from the kook-left blogs, is it?
Nah yours is from a kook right blog so whats a reader gonna do?

The picture of Marx with his arms around Obama on your source sorta gives it away as being sorta Rovish. Is this part of the hero spin campaign from Rove?

McCain might not be four more years of Bush but it appears certain if he is elected the people with have four more years of Rove.

Wow!

McCain the next Karl Rove present for the American people.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:03 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,045,683 times
Quote:
Nah yours is from a kook right blog so whats a reader gonna do?
Well, I assume a reader like you would take the side against the military, against a true war hero and would rather side with the enemy's version of events.

Kinda what Kerry and Fonda did.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, I assume a reader like you would take the side against the military, against a true war hero and would rather side with the enemy's version of events.
The enemy? How ethnocentric, the enemy. Either for us or against us. Either pro military or a communist enemy of the state!

Old 06-29-2008, 11:07 AM

Since you are calling him a true war hero would you please list the highlights from his military career that distinguish him from the many others who served their country in Vietnam and are not hero's? Or is everyone who served in Nam a hero for taking the risk on behalf of their nation? That is great if so, just doesn't make him unique. Is there anything other then the tragic POW experience that distinguishes his military career from the many others who served and all to often gave their lives. Out of respect to them we should not use the term hero for pure political gain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections