Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 11:51 PM

358 posts, read 519,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
well its easier to walk back up a hill from halfway down it then once youve rolled to the bottom

too bad osama obama will just turn his mess over to the UN when he is done destroying the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 01:04 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,198,721 times
Deals With Iraq Are Set to Bring Oil Giants Back
Moises Saman for The New York Times
Oil fields in the Iraqi province of Basra. Iraq produces about 2.5 million barrels of oil per day.

[LEFT]
[/LEFT]

By ANDREW E. KRAMER
Published: June 19, 2008
BAGHDAD — Four Western oil companies are in the final stages of negotiations this month on contracts that will return them to Iraq, 36 years after losing their oil concession to nationalization as Saddam Hussein rose to power.
Exxon Mobil, Shell, Total and BP — the original partners in the Iraq Petroleum Company — along with Chevron and a number of smaller oil companies, are in talks with Iraq’s Oil Ministry for no-bid contracts to service Iraq’s largest fields, according to ministry officials, oil company officials and an American diplomat.""""

Is this getting away from dependence on foreign(Middle East ) oil?

Old 06-24-2008, 08:30 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,044,726 times
Quote:
BAGHDAD — Four Western oil companies are in the final stages of negotiations this month on contracts that will return them to Iraq, 36 years after losing their oil concession to nationalization as Saddam Hussein rose to power.
Exxon Mobil, Shell, Total and BP — the original partners in the Iraq Petroleum Company — along with Chevron and a number of smaller oil companies, are in talks with Iraq’s Oil Ministry for no-bid contracts to service Iraq’s largest fields, according to ministry officials, oil company officials and an American diplomat.""""

An excellent, excellent development! Who better to help the Iraqi's with their drilling infrastructure than these companies? It also means things must be going pretty well over there (something you won't hear about in the MSM) if these companies are set to come in - security-wise.

It's a good, good thing.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:58 AM

509 posts, read 693,085 times
Iraq is doing well, the surge worked less killings, peace & prosperity has broken out everywhere.

Is not this time to start to get out?
It will take up to two years to this.
If not now when?

While we wait Afghanistan is going to hell!
Osama is still on the prowl. We don't have the resources to fight both
The Taleban made an estimated $100m from Afghan farmers growing poppy. What do you think will they do with that money?
BBC NEWS | South Asia | Taleban's '$100m opium takings'

We can't afford both.
Of course we should have first finished off Osama and made Afghanistan a beacon of democracy.
But we went off course, its time get back on track!

Old 06-24-2008, 10:12 AM

580 posts, read 1,684,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Apparently McCain is trying desperately to revamp people's opinion of him by flipping on his long-term stance on offshore drilling and now offering 300 million dollars for an improved car battery without congressional approval.

I already know who I'm voting for, but I'm wondering if these developments are affecting undecided voters positively or negatively. I think McCain knew the election was all but lost and now he is pulling out the stops and hitting the panic button. This, quite frankly, is freaking me out a little.

By repealing the offshore drilling ban, we have little chance of seeing any direct relief at the pump,yet we risk our coastlines and risk mercury pollution that could affect marine life and fishing industries.

As far as offering awards to individuals or companies who come up with viable alternatives, that doesn't sound like a bad idea, altogether. However, 300 million dollars for a battery in this time of economic hardship may be hard for people to digest.

What bothers me is that next to nothing has been done to reign in the oil companies and their market manipulation, but we are expected to hand over even more of our land to them now. Furthermore, McCain is overstepping his position by, out of the blue, offering this large sum of taxpayers money for a battery without going thru proper channels.

I feel very uncomfortable with these two rash proposals. I'm wondering how others, especially those who are less biased than I am are feeling about these recent developments. Is McCain acting irrationally or are these propositions sensible?
I'm a undecided voter

Seems like McCain has a lot of plans to bring fourth, and is just sharing a few right now. Hasn't affected me in a negative way, nor sway my vote to any candidate. I'm still once again a undecided voter.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:50 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,623,197 times
I cannot a vote for more Bush and that would be Obama.

Some people will have to realize things change and the drilling of our own oil is the perfect idea to put an end to this rising cost, so no he didnt flip flop he is making a wise choice for today and for now.

At least Obama is sticking to his original idea of not allowing us to even drill our own damn oil!

His recent actions has impressed the crap out of me, he makes good sound decisions that will help us all. His recent actions just show me how far and above he is then Obama who cannot make a decision to save his a--.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:54 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,623,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Deals With Iraq Are Set to Bring Oil Giants Back
Moises Saman for The New York Times
Oil fields in the Iraqi province of Basra. Iraq produces about 2.5 million barrels of oil per day.

[LEFT]
[/LEFT]

By ANDREW E. KRAMER
Published: June 19, 2008

Nancy Pelosi is setting these fires! She dont want us to have oil and wont allow us to drill our own. ( Sounds like Saddams ideas )

And I hope these oil companies get allot of oil for us to use and make billions of dollars so they can create millions of good paying jobs.

I love Exxon, BP, Chevron etc. They supply our needs and pay top wages for their workers.

Saddam Hussein didnt rise to power, he killed millions to get there and he stole the countries oil for himself, just what the democrats want to do here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections