Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:38 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,993,584 times

Advertisements

Here's an interesting article.

Abortion is a tough enough issue as it is.

There are situations in which things don't turn out as planned, and effectively there is a live baby outside the womb. (Remember, once outside the womb, in full human form, it is a baby).

Read the article about Mr. Obama's position on this.

Obama is no moderate: His radical position on 'abortion' after birth | Jerusalem Post

My postion would be that if there is a living human being (even from a convoluted abortion) that human being deserves to be cared for...not disposed of...

If this story correctly tells Mr. Obama's position...He's not my guy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 09:42 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,100,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post

Obama is no moderate: His radical position on 'abortion' after birth | Jerusalem Post

My postion would be that if there is a living human being (even from a convoluted abortion) that human being deserves to be cared for...not disposed of...

I know people who worked in OB/clinics as nurses. The story below was routine for the situation.

Quote:
One night, a nursing co-worker was taking an aborted Down syndrome baby who was born alive to our Soiled Utility Room because his parents did not want to hold him, and she did not have the time to hold him. I couldn't bear the thought of this suffering child lying alone in a Soiled Utility Room, so I cradled and rocked him for the 45 minutes that he lived."
This is reason #2 I will never, ever vote for Obama. A little compassion, some pallitive therapy AT LEAST should be offered these poor babies for heaven's sake. And I am glad our lawmakers banned these abortions, will not support someone so ignorant and callous to think that it is OK to let a baby suffer and die in some cold, dark room like trash.

(I am pro-choice BTW but not THAT pro-choice)

Old 04-07-2008, 07:51 PM

47 posts, read 76,716 times
Default The Juruselem What?

OBAMA VOTED "PRESENT" a very common practice in ILLINOIS Senate.
This is what one of his peers in Illinois says. You do not know what a certain bill might have stated! What if there was something unconstitutional in a certain bill and he wouldn't vote YES on it because he WASN'T taking the easy way out as most poloticians do - he shows that to be true.
Conservatives in the Illinois Senate would Strongly title these Bills and insert savy language to pressure Democrats into supporting them - He wouldn't support the bill although he agreed with MOST of it - SO A PRESENT VOTE, IS HOW IT IS INDICATED TO THE BILLS AUTHORS!

Miller says that not all "present" votes are cowardly, including those cast by then-state Sen. Obama.
"After having put some thought into it, I don't think that Barack Obama was necessarily a coward for voting present on those bills. In fact, I think he believed that he was doing the right thing, because something, in his mind, might have been unconstitutional," Miller says.
Miller points out that, at times, Obama was the only lawmaker voting "present" on bills winning near unanimous support, even on issues he supported and on one he sponsored.
Chris Mooney is a political science professor at the University of Illinois, Springfield.
"A person as cerebral as Sen. Obama might be prone to such a thing, thinking things through a little too carefully," Mooney says.
Mooney and other state capitol watchers and players say Illinois lawmakers often vote "present" as part of a larger party or issue bloc strategy.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:55 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,186,030 times
Not touching this one with a ten foot pole. Ya'll have fun.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:05 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,037,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Here's an interesting article.

Abortion is a tough enough issue as it is.

There are situations in which things don't turn out as planned, and effectively there is a live baby outside the womb. (Remember, once outside the womb, in full human form, it is a baby).

Read the article about Mr. Obama's position on this.

It is correct. I was appalled when I read Obama's votes on abortion and his comments about it. I've posted links about it here a few times. He "helpfully" explained at one point that he was concerned that the fetus would be considered a "person" if he voted to give one who survived an abortion medical care, and he wanted to make sure that a fetus did not have the constitutional rights of a person.

Cold, clinical, and heartless. My God, which one of us would permit an animal to suffer like that without medical care, let alone a human being?!

Old 04-07-2008, 09:21 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,013,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
It is correct. I was appalled when I read Obama's votes on abortion and his comments about it. I've posted links about it here a few times. He "helpfully" explained at one point that he was concerned that the fetus would be considered a "person" if he voted to give one who survived an abortion medical care, and he wanted to make sure that a fetus did not have the constitutional rights of a person.

Cold, clinical, and heartless. My God, which one of us would permit an animal to suffer like that without medical care, let alone a human being?!

Im with you on this one.

Glad to have you back amongst all these crazies.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:30 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,124,413 times
Once a fetus emerges from the womb it is a living person. To "abort" at that point is cold blooded murder. Obama voted "present" instead of voting against it. That's not just cowardly. That's sickening.

I guess he must favor capital punishment of adults since he will sit, be "present" and twiddle his thumbs while living babies are murdered.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:35 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,153,078 times
That is pretty sickening.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:08 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,037,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Im with you on this one.

Glad to have you back amongst all these crazies.
Thanks, ryneone. (I'll be in and out as I'm going through a tough period with my disease at present. )

As a disabled person, I find attitudes like Obama's frightening. If he can't even support palliative care for dying infants, how does he view the rest of us who aren't whole, healthy and productive? I've heard compassionate reflections about helping the disabled become more a part of society from Hillary but nothing from Obama.

Let's just say I would NOT be at all comfortable with him in charge of health care policy!

Old 04-07-2008, 11:16 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,013,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Thanks, ryneone. (I'll be in and out as I'm going through a tough period with my disease at present. )

As a disabled person, I find attitudes like Obama's frightening. If he can't even support palliative care for dying infants, how does he view the rest of us who aren't whole, healthy and productive? I've heard compassionate reflections about helping the disabled become more a part of society from Hillary but nothing from Obama.

Let's just say I would NOT be at all comfortable with him in charge of health care policy!
I was unawear you are in my prayeres.

This goes to show America does not really know anything about him or im just really in out of touch with the rest of America. Sean Hannity did a special showing how Obama is so closely tied to Planned Parenthood could that be why his vote was cowardly "Present"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections