Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 11:28 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,271,070 times

Advertisements

just like NAFTA, if there is a will to abolish abortion they would have done it by now

their polling would have shown many more people support abortion then not. I mean they are all for arbotion NOT just Obama and that includes McCrazy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 11:30 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,005,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
just like NAFTA, if there is a will to abolish abortion they would have done it by now

their polling would have shown many more people support abortion then not. I mean they are all for arbotion NOT just Obama and that includes McCain

Wrong.

John McCain on Abortion and Birth Control

Old 04-07-2008, 11:36 PM

881 posts, read 1,590,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Here's an interesting article.

Abortion is a tough enough issue as it is.

There are situations in which things don't turn out as planned, and effectively there is a live baby outside the womb. (Remember, once outside the womb, in full human form, it is a baby).

Read the article about Mr. Obama's position on this.

Obama is no moderate: His radical position on 'abortion' after birth | Jerusalem Post

My postion would be that if there is a living human being (even from a convoluted abortion) that human being deserves to be cared for...not disposed of...

If this story correctly tells Mr. Obama's position...He's not my guy...

Obama wants taxpayer-funded abortions, abortions across state lines, he even supports Planned Parenthood's doing abortion on kids w/o parental notification.... he is a radical on the abortion issue. He is also anti-gun, as long as the gun is owned by a law-abiding citizens.

Obama is no friend of the American people.

Obama even calls children a "punishment". I wonder if he considers non-black children and black children differtly.... like one should be aborted and the other not. Cause for concern, granted Obama's involvement with racist, anti-Semite people, like Louis Farrakhan and Jeremiah Wright.

In his speech in JOHNSTOWN, PA, on April 1, 2008 Obama insultssingle mothers and their children, that he did not want his children "punished with a baby."

Obama stated "I've got two daughters, 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby.".

This guy is a pro-abortion radical. Make no mistake here.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:29 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,121,777 times
This is just sickening. Obama's position on live birth abortion is cold blooded murder!

Old 04-08-2008, 10:55 AM

18 posts, read 18,020 times
Obama is for full term or live birth abortion which is a terrible thing to me. He says a woman shouldn't be "penalized" with a baby.

I read that at 8 months the fetus is fully developed. It would be a living baby if they delivered it. The article said they do the abortion by giving the baby an injection while it is in the womb so it dies. Then they deliver it and throw the body in a dumpster.

How do they kill those babies that are born alive? Some of you Obama supporters please tell me.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:00 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,065,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Thanks, ryneone. (I'll be in and out as I'm going through a tough period with my disease at present. )

As a disabled person, I find attitudes like Obama's frightening.:
Why? [Mod Cut] You can be pro-choice and disabled or an advocate for the disabled, there's nothing to stop it. Being pro-choice is about respect a woman's right to have autonomy over her own body, not about killing babies for the hell of it. Traditionally disability rights groups have not taken stands on abortion, because the disabled and their advocates are as divided on abortion as the rest of the country.

Obama voted Present not because he wanted babies to die on shelves but because the bill was construed in such a way as to attack a woman's general right to abortion, or at least that is how he saw it. He did not vote the way he did because he thought dead babies were OK, or that moreover that disabled people were disposable. Don't read too much into something into which there is nothing to be read.

Last edited by ontheroad; 04-08-2008 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: Personal comment inappropriate.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:07 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,018,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
Why? [Mod Cut] You can be pro-choice and disabled or an advocate for the disabled, there's nothing to stop it. Being pro-choice is about respect a woman's right to have autonomy over her own body, not about killing babies for the hell of it.

Obama voted Present not because he wanted babies to die on shelves but because the bill was construed in such a way as to attack a woman's general right to abortion, or at least that is how he saw it. He did not vote the way he did because he thought dead babies were OK, or that moreover that disabled people were disposable. Don't read too much into something into which there is nothing to be read.
I happen to subscribe to the "seamless garment" ideology of protecting life -- Womb to tomb. Once a country becomes callous about protecting the most fragile, it starts to consider others disposable and dispensable, as well. This is a FACT in some European countries where medical care is rationed and money is not spent on the elderly and disabled in favor of younger, healthier people. Euthanasia becomes acceptable, as well. I am NOT willing to go there, and it always starts with disregard for the unborn.

[Mod Cut]

Last edited by ontheroad; 04-08-2008 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: Orphaned responses deleted.

Old 04-08-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapartist View Post
Obama is for full term or live birth abortion which is a terrible thing to me. He says a woman shouldn't be "penalized" with a baby.

I read that at 8 months the fetus is fully developed. It would be a living baby if they delivered it. The article said they do the abortion by giving the baby an injection while it is in the womb so it dies. Then they deliver it and throw the body in a dumpster.

How do they kill those babies that are born alive? Some of you Obama supporters please tell me.
Not an Obama supporter, but I wanted to mention that fetuses are fully developed earlier than 8 months. Neonatal medicine has progressed to the point where 28-week-old fetuses (some even earlier) can survive and thrive.

Here in Texas, if a pregnant woman whose fetus would be viable outside the womb is killed in some way (even in a DWI), the perpetrator is charged with TWO counts of murder, not just one. I think other states have similar laws. So, the courts recognize the personhood of that baby before it's even delivered but Obama thinks that late-term babies who were marked for abortion but survived the attempt should have no rights, no medical care, no comfort. Unbelievable!

Old 04-08-2008, 02:27 PM

Congressional testimony from an abortion survivor:
Survivors of Abortion - Gianna Jenssen.

Quote:
I have met other survivors of abortion. They are all thankful for life. Only a few months ago I met another saline abortion survivor. Her name is Sarah. She is two years old. Sarah also has cerebral palsy, but her diagnosis is not good. She is blind and has severe seizures. The abortionist, besides injecting the mother with saline, also injects the baby victims. Sarah was injected in the head. I saw the place on her head where this was done. When I speak, I speak not only for myself, but for the other survivors, like Sarah, and also for those who cannot yet speak ...

Old 04-08-2008, 02:28 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,096,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapartist View Post

The babies which are born alive are allowed to die on their own, are refused medical attention and were usually put in a closet until they are dead..in the case of severe fetal malformations (which studies show only accounted for 2% of these procedures) usually the parents request to hold the baby and allow him to be kept comfortable.

A 24 week fetus can be saved and with today's technology can expect to live without too many complications if given good care. Each week the odds get better..especially since the true gestational age can be up to 2 weeks off either way. I took care of many children at my pedi hospital who were 24 weeks gestation and some had problems, others did not. That said, I took care of full termers who were very sick children also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections