Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 06:56 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,962,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
You think they ALL voted in 2010 in a mid-term election?
Even the ones who were 16 or 17 at the time?
This is not a mid-term election, and it's going to be a disaster for the GOP.

And if it is a disaster for the GOP, it will be a bigger disaster for this country. We will have to live with another four miserable years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 06:57 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,548,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
They voted in 2010....talk about putting your head in the sand! They also voted in WI....forgot about that one also .....
Really? Even if they were sixteen? I guess you forgot about that.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:57 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,923,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Florida and North Carolina won't end in Romney's column.

The South never really liked Romney.

Romney's problems go all the way back to primary's.
i am in florida and things look pretty good for romney here.

maybe the south is tired of all the liberal "southerners live in trailer parks with no teeth" remarks.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:59 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,931,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
And if it is a disaster for the GOP, it will be a bigger disaster for this country. We will have to live with another four miserable years.
Sorry you feel that way as WE ARE better off than we were four years ago!

Old 10-25-2012, 06:59 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,414,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
President Obama is going to open up a massive lead that you simply are not prepared for, and while it might not be as high as 74% as there will be plenty of people who hold their nose and vote for Romney, I can assure you this will end up being a bigger margin than what happened in 2008. Of course nobody is telling you about that because it doesn't get people to tune-in to cable news, but it's coming. Romney is going to lose VERY big. Don't say I didn't try to smarten you up to the facts!
You can try for the rest of your life, but I don't think you will be able to "smarten" me up to the facts. Your "facts" are the kind that nobody else knows.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:01 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,548,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
How do you explain the nationwide polls that show Romney with a lead--ABC, Gallup, Associated Press, etc.? If Obama is going to get 74% of the vote, how come NO average of all polls has EVER shown Obama with as much as 50%? Obama's ceiling is maybe 47-49%; by some fluke he may win the electoral college while losing the popular vote. An objective reading of all data available will tell you this is a horse race that either candidate could win. My own assessment is that Obama is on a slide from which he will not recover by Nov 6th. But we won't know until we find out.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama
You may want to look at the electoral college and just for fun check it with no toss up states.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:01 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,931,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
You can try for the rest of your life, but I don't think you will be able to "smarten" me up to the facts. Your "facts" are the kind that nobody else knows.
Then when I end up being right that will make me an absolute genius. I don't mind that one bit.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,458,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i am in florida and things look pretty good for romney here.

maybe the south is tired of all the liberal "southerners live in trailer parks with no teeth" remarks.
Well i have a lot of friends who live in the South, N.C. MISS, ARK, i can go on, whether they are happy with their candidates or not, all of these people are voting Romney, and no i am not lying.

They have had it with the lies, and deceit, and the latest fiasco of lies of the deaths of 4 American Citizens, i beleive pushed some over their brink, they needed a push, and got it.

And this latest lying fiasco, de-bunk, lying sack of sh-- lie, pushed them to their limits.

In the South principles do matter, as does truth. Lliars, they don't take to so easily.

They were promised, roses on a rose bush, and what they got stuck with was THORNS!

Old 10-25-2012, 07:05 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,414,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
You may want to look at the electoral college and just for fun check it with no toss up states.
And you may want to look at it and see how much Obama has lost on that map in the last four weeks.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:06 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,433,519 times
Nervous Dems all around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections