Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 07:39 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,441,842 times

Advertisements

My prediction about Ohio is coming together nicely. After the Dem circus is complete look for Romney to open an even wider lead.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Ohio: Romney vs. Obama

Ohio (Sep 2, 2012) Romney-Obama, Mandel-Brown
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 07:49 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,540,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
My prediction about Ohio is coming together nicely. After the Dem circus is complete look for Romney to open an even wider lead.

Did you look at the poll Obama is winning. Thats about as telling as this poll

Karl Rove thinks Obama could win South Carolina | Palmetto Public Record

Old 09-05-2012, 08:13 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,970,546 times
Great news on Ohio.

If Rove or anyone else thinks Obaby is winning South Carolina, they're crazy.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:14 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,540,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Great news on Ohio.

If Rove or anyone else thinks Obaby is winning South Carolina, they're crazy.
Why is it so impossible then? And go with the first thing that came to your mind.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:15 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,090,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post

He's looking at the trend, and a .7 percentage point lead is completely negligible.

How do people not realize that Karl Rove's maps are just to fire up Republican voters? Nobody in their right mind things SC is in play, and Karl Rove, like him or not, is a very, very smart man.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:34 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,441,842 times
Quote:

Oh EC you are sinking more into delusion each day. SC a blue state now that's a good one.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:39 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,481,267 times
Quote:
Obama is winning.
Just because you say so?!?!? LMAO...

See this...

Thirteen States and D.C. Give Obama Majority Approval

Going to be real hard for him to win many undecided voters in these key states.

Quote:
HAHAHAHA. That poll wasn't corroborated by other polling and it's "just as telling." The OH poll Edward posted is corroborated by national polling showing a tie given that OH leans slightly more GOP than the nation as a whole. It's also corroborated by pre-convention OH polling showing a basically tied race.

No, Karl Rove didn't say he thought Obama could win SC. There was a single poll that was a shocker, but that was put out by a pollster that was (at the time at least) really producing skewed polls and wasn't corroborated by any other poll.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:41 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,842,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post

I honestly don't think Romney will win in Ohio. Are there certain reasons you think that he will?

I ask due to the fact, and which was talked about last night at the DNC that OH has a lot of manufacturing workers, a whole lot of whom work in the auto industry and I just don't think that they'll vote against Obama due to him supporting the auto bailout. I have a lot of family in Ohio who work in auto or auto parts manufacturing.

I can truly understand the focus on the state though and it makes me regret finally registering here in GA. I loved being "counted" in OH since we are a swing state in elections. My gut feeling is independents there will go for Obama due to the manufacturing sector growing there, especially as it relates to auto parts and manufacturing in local plants.

But I understand the allure and dreaming of an Ohio victory for either candidate since historically the candidate who wins Ohio wins the presidency.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:19 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,481,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I honestly don't think Romney will win in Ohio. Are there certain reasons you think that he will?
Thirteen States and D.C. Give Obama Majority Approval

According to Gallup polling done over the first half of 2012, Obama's approval in Ohio was just 44%. It could of course be slightly higher now, but it can't be much higher. Approval at 44% (or even 47% for that matter) certainly doesn't lead to a win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I ask due to the fact, and which was talked about last night at the DNC that OH has a lot of manufacturing workers, a whole lot of whom work in the auto industry and I just don't think that they'll vote against Obama due to him supporting the auto bailout. I have a lot of family in Ohio who work in auto or auto parts manufacturing.

I can truly understand the focus on the state though and it makes me regret finally registering here in GA. I loved being "counted" in OH since we are a swing state in elections. My gut feeling is independents there will go for Obama due to the manufacturing sector growing there, especially as it relates to auto parts and manufacturing in local plants.

But I understand the allure and dreaming of an Ohio victory for either candidate since historically the candidate who wins Ohio wins the presidency.
It's not dreaming....they're basically tied in the Ohio polls and with Obama's low approval there it seems unlikely he will win many undecided voters in the state (unless of course his approval comes up). That being said, I still see Romney's (and Obama's) chances in Ohio as being 50/50 for whatever reason.

Another point is that Obama is very weak among working class whites who comprise a majority of the Ohio electorate. The automotive industry/manufacturing issues will get Obama a few points in Ohio, but this will be counteracted by his new pro-gay marriage stance (as a Romney supporter, I like Obama losing votes for any reason; that being said, I am pro-gay marriage and hate that this particular stance will cost him votes).

The other thing that will counteract this is the new pro-illegal immigration policy that Obama announced a few months ago. Working class whites do not like illegals being given special privileges.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 09-05-2012 at 11:35 AM..

Old 09-05-2012, 10:21 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,583,698 times
So the poll goes up 3 percent and his lead "evaporates"? LOL!! Sorry what is it? Obama and Romney 50/50?

Talk about drama. And dream on if you think Romney will win the woman vote.

Republican hysteria makes me so happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections