Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 12:56 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,819,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I'll repeat it again: I am disappointed at the Congress for failing to cut spending.

I don't care how often Romney says the president needs to cut spending. Someone needs to tell him the Congress holds the purse, not the president.
You failed to include you second statement where you said "Why hasn't the Repblican Congress cut spending if it is such a problem?". That was what I was responding too but you completely changed it by deleting your erroneous statement. Way to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 12:59 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,421,422 times
Gurbie, you really give people too much credit. Why do you think there is an Electoral College?

Old 09-01-2012, 01:01 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
The GOP doesn't have to TELL people to be disappointed in obama. They just are. They have been. Even the Dems are disapointed in him. Otherwise they wouldn't spend all their time trying to convince Americans that Romney/Ryan are bad while using fear mongering to do it. The GOP are being nice to obama. They can use much harsher words than, "disappointed". They should say this: obama is either a skinny little global Communist that wants to take America's prosperity and give it to everyone else in the world, or he is a big fat liar that will tell us and promise us anything just to keep his big ol plane and michelle can have another vacation, or he is a weak, little man that cannot effectively lead our country into prosperity. Which is it? I know which one I think is the answer.
I don't know about anyone else, but our business is really growing and we're finally back to making really good money on our personal investments. We're going to be taking some really nice vacations this year too. We worked hard and made smart choices. What's your excuse?

Old 09-01-2012, 01:04 PM

Gurbie, for obstructionism to occur you need the co-operation of more than one party. When you use the word obstructionism what you really mean is the opponent stood behind their beliefs and they did not bend over to your demands. It's give and take and Obama believes in his way or the highway.

I don't care what you want to call it. I don't care who you want to blame. What matters is what we do about it now.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:05 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
I am still an independent. I don't depend on the government to send me money or pay for anything I need. That means my vote is not bought from either party. That means I still have control unless the government takes it away. I believe the this is exactly what the Democrats want, they want me to depend on the government so they have more control over me.

Republican believe in less dependence on the government even though it means they have less power of the people. Less dependence means they have to earn the peoples vote. I will vote Republican.

Exactly- I do not understand how people can be so blinded...Obama has done nothing to improve people's lives...he has spent and spent and we do not have more jobs..the middle class is becoming a distant memory-but people are so in love with Obama they will still vote for him..

Did I want Obama to win..no I didn't. But he did and I said to myself as well as others...if he does a good job I would re-elect him...he has been a disappointment, actually a failure-

Every president has had his share of problems corruption and missteps..but when I'm paying $4.00 for gas and see my house value go down and down as well as seeing MANY of my educated friends not being able to find work, underemployed and/or slowly losing everything..well what else can one do.

before everyone starts spewing the Neo-Conservative crap-I'd vote for Bill Clinton again if it were possible....someone who actually can DO somethimg

Old 09-01-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but our business is really growing and we're finally back to making really good money on our personal investments. We're going to be taking some really nice vacations this year too. We worked hard and made smart choices. What's your excuse?
When did you start your business? I too made smart choices. I do have family that is not doing so well because he lost his job. I will do what I can to help him. So you point is?

Old 09-01-2012, 01:08 PM

876 posts, read 708,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually he wanted to cut corporate tax rate from 35% to 25%, but the proposal was rejected by his poopnents. Just saying.......

But I'll tell you again, I dont' care what Romney says, but if he wins the presidency, he WILL NOT be authorized to tweak tax rates any more that Obama is. This is something everyone should understand, but it seems no one does.

Did you mean to say "poopnents", because that was funny.. But, why couldn't Romney tweak the tax rates? When obama doesn't get his way he just by-passes Congress and creates a mandate. Everybody let him do it. He has even used his executive privilege to protect Eric Holder, even though he claims he knows nothing about Fast and Furious. Everyone let him do that. Somehow he got a Republican judge to change the words in obamacare so that it went from an unconstitutional law to a legal one!. So, why can't Romney, obama, or any other pres in the future not just by-pass the other two branches of government? Why do we even need them? King obama knows that he can get away with anything.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Exactly- I do not understand how people can be so blinded...Obama has done nothing to improve people's lives...he has spent and spent and we do not have more jobs..the middle class is becoming a distant memory-but people are so in love with Obama they will still vote for him..

Did I want Obama to win..no I didn't. But he did and I said to myself as well as others...if he does a good job I would re-elect him...he has been a disappointment, actually a failure-

Every president has had his share of problems corruption and missteps..but when I'm paying $4.00 for gas and see my house value go down and down as well as seeing MANY of my educated friends not being able to find work, underemployed and/or slowly losing everything..well what else can one do.

before everyone starts spewing the Neo-Conservative crap-I'd vote for Bill Clinton again if it were possible....someone who actually can DO somethimg
You could not have said it better. If Obama would have done a good job I too would have voted for in in 2012. I personally don't care who, democrat or republican, under either party, if people are doing good and people are not in fear for their jobs like they are now that is good enough for me.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:12 PM

876 posts, read 708,708 times
Quote:
My excuse for what?

Old 09-01-2012, 01:12 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,819,412 times
Quote:
The only small business person I have talked to lately about his business is the plumber who did some work at my house. He said that he used to make a good living doing the plumbing in new home construction. He told me that had totally dried up and he was now trying to make it with small redo projects like mine. I asked about clogged drains and such and he said that portion of the business was controlled by big franchise companies that did not want a "master plumber". He said his business was off by 90%. Now that is scary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections