Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 03:02 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,308,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Let me get this straight.

Obama has continued the long, honorable Liberal tradition of promising blacks munificent help while actually doing NOTHING to improve their lots, and in fact implementing programs that grievously harm black families, their prosperity etc. And blacks respond by giving him (apparently) their complete and full support?

And Republicans are the ones who are "disconnected"???
Sorry, but President Obama, NEVER explicitly promised Black Americans as group a damn thing. If anything he's bent over backwards NOT to appear too partial to Black Americans. Some Black Americans have criticized President Obama for not explicitly doing more for Black Americans as group. But most understand he doesn't want to seem to doing more for Black Americans than Americans as whole.

Most Black Americans and especially those that have worked in corporate environments KNOW the minefield President Obama as had to deal with in terms of an obstructionist Republican dominated House of Representatives and a Senate Minority Leader who has explicitly said "Our goal is to make President Obama a one term president". Notice he didn't say "Our goal is to improve the economy" or "Our goal is to build a better future for America".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yes, you could say that. However, that would be completely wrong!

FactCheck.org : Blacks and the Democratic Party

The Democrats' Demographic Dreams

95% of black voters vote democratic, while 56% of white voters voted republican in 2000 and 2004. The black vote does not matter to either party, as they will always vote the same way, regardless of policy of either party. By consistently voting democratic, regardless of candidate or policy, the black vote has become irrelevant. Neither party will appeal to black voters in particular, as thier "appeal" will make no difference in securing more votes for one party or another, and may alienate some white voters.

Therefore, the black population has made themselves politically irrelevant.
If the Black vote doesn't matter to either party then why didn't Hilary Clinton get the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008?

Also in 2008 Barck Obama got 66,862,039 votes and John McCain got 58,319,442 votes. In other words Barack Obama got 53.41% of the vote and John McCain got 46.59% of the vote. That's a margin of around 7%. Now are you going to tell me if somehow if support of 95% Black voters hadn't swung to John McCain that wouldn't have made a difference?

The truth of the matter is the Republican Party hates the fact that they can't make inroads with Black American voters without giving up their White Conservative base. That's why are Republicans all of sudden putting as many Voter ID laws on state law books as possible.

By consistently voting Democratic Black Americans have kept Republicans from running roughshod over their civil rights.

By consistently voting Democratic Black Americans are about to make the "Southern Strategy" null and void.

Last edited by JazzyTallGuy; 08-23-2012 at 03:45 PM..

Old 08-23-2012, 07:14 PM

27,163 posts, read 15,341,945 times
You mean the Republicans that passed Civil Rights legislation when the Democrats wouldn't.

Bone up on your history.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:29 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,690,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
You mean the Republicans that passed Civil Rights legislation when the Democrats wouldn't.

Bone up on your history.
Pfft. Yeah, bone up on your history, alright. Anyone who knows their history understands that the vote on civil rights had more to do with north versus south than Democrats versus Republicans. They would also understand that parties change over time. I don't know any historian who would say the Democrats and Republicans of the 1950s and 1960s are the same types of people who exist in those parties today.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:05 PM

27,163 posts, read 15,341,945 times
So you know the racist history of the D party then I see.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:20 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,981,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Pfft. Yeah, bone up on your history, alright. Anyone who knows their history understands that the vote on civil rights had more to do with north versus south than Democrats versus Republicans. They would also understand that parties change over time. I don't know any historian who would say the Democrats and Republicans of the 1950s and 1960s are the same types of people who exist in those parties today.
I would say they are the exact same people! I was 13 in 1964, and i am just 60 today. I saw JFK get shot almost live and I saw MLK and Malcom X live on TV I saw George Wallace get shot too.

I recall Kent State live, my lottery number is 36, I blew up a Truimph motor cycle heading to Woodstock in 1969. What the hell are you talking about, we are not the same people?

You think Biden dropped out of the sky? Err don't answer that.. What about Doobie smoking Bill Clinton and his booty wife Hilary, She was hot a long time ago ya know... well in a horsey sort of way.

Why we even had color tv by then!

Old 08-23-2012, 08:21 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,433,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
If the Black vote doesn't matter to either party then why didn't Hilary Clinton get the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008?

Also in 2008 Barck Obama got 66,862,039 votes and John McCain got 58,319,442 votes. In other words Barack Obama got 53.41% of the vote and John McCain got 46.59% of the vote. That's a margin of around 7%. Now are you going to tell me if somehow if support of 95% Black voters hadn't swung to John McCain that wouldn't have made a difference?

The truth of the matter is the Republican Party hates the fact that they can't make inroads with Black American voters without giving up their White Conservative base. That's why are Republicans all of sudden putting as many Voter ID laws on state law books as possible.

By consistently voting Democratic Black Americans have kept Republicans from running roughshod over their civil rights.

By consistently voting Democratic Black Americans are about to make the "Southern Strategy" null and void.
Would have made a difference in the primary.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:09 AM

59,164 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Lol... this is both sad and hilarious! So two Conservatives betray the racism behind their voting, and your recourse is to call them Liberals?

Next time that you're walking around in some heavily Republican conclave, just remember what the Republicans on here said. Until they find out you're a Republican too, they just assuming you're another welfare Black voting to keep your welfare check coming.
"they just assuming". Talk about making wild ass assumptions!

Old 08-24-2012, 11:21 AM

59,164 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Nice race-baiting.

What I got out of the poll was that of people they sampled for this poll that voted in 2008 for Obama or McCain...Obama wins over McCain among those surveyed 56 to 44%. A 12% margin, when in reality it was a 7% margin...so this poll oversampled 2008 Obama supporters by 5%.

Therefore, the Obama 4 point lead this poll might be...non-existent.
Looking deeper into the poll I found out of 1,000 polled only 12 claimed to be black.

And again, for statistical purposes only, what is your race--white, black, Asian, or something else?+
White .................................................. ............ 74
Black .................................................. ............ 12
Asian .................................................. ............ 3
Other .................................................. ............ 4
Hispanic (VOL) ............................................. 4
Not sure/refused .......................................... 3
+ Results shown reflect responses among registered voters.

So, the entire article is based on what 12 people say.

And some wonder why we say most media is biased and distorts things in order to achieve their agendas.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's ok, they know this.

They also know the old saying, "why buy the cow when you get the milk for free"....as they drift to the right year after year.....

No one is saying you should consider voting rep, but when you don't hold your own party accountable.....
I guess the same can be said for conservatives that will vote for Mitt Romney although he's clearly not a conservative. Mitt Romney doesn't even have to campaign hard in the deep South. Because he KNOWS he's got those states locked up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections