Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 12:46 PM

78,483 posts, read 60,679,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
But I'm not black. I'm Hispanic.
According to several posters around here doesn't that make you white? Curious how you feel about people labeling hispanics as white guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 12:55 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,672,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
According to several posters around here doesn't that make you white? Curious how you feel about people labeling hispanics as white guys.
I think it's hilarious. I have said on here many, many times that the notion of the average Hispanic, or the majority of Latin Americans being white (despite the Romneys ) is pure fantasy.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:07 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,478,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
yes I think it has been one sided from the left towards blacks for the longest time.

my awkward grade school days? okay, maybe you had some awkward grade school days but that doesn't mean everyone else has also. I am talking about the way Democrats have treated black Americans. And unless you can see the future, I am not sure how you can know it will get any better.

I never said I thought the Republican party was perfect by no means, but I do find them to be the lesser of two evils. I have found I am in agreement with the Republican party on far far more issues then I am with the Dems. I have found the Republicans to be far more accepting of my skin color then the Dems.
lol. Really? The only people that have actually insulted me because of race have been Republican. I also didn't know that the Republican platform was based on civil rights back in the 1960s. I still haven' met any democrats that think they need to help me because I'm black and can't do anything for myself. I have, however, had conservative white people complain openly to my face saying the only reason I am where I am is because of affirmative action. Go figure. But the truth is both the Democrats and Republicans have sh*tted on black people throughout history. It is just only recently that, due to efforts for social equality, does it actually seem that democrats are on black people's side. Personally, I don't think they (Republicans or Democrats) really give a damn about anyone out there, be they white, black, hispanic, asian, or whatever. It's the political system. Two sides are basically fighting for pieces of a pie. Well, back in the 60s Democrats put their chips behind black folks while Republicans put their chips behind "the disillusioned and disaffected southern white vote (ironically being heavily democrat). Those slices of pies have been cut. I doubt they will switch back anytime soon.

Having said that, it doesn't help when individuals (not everyone) say stupid stereotypical things about black people and nobody from the right speaks up denouncing it. For example in this thread, several people talked about black people voting for democrats because of free stuff and welfare and whatnot. I have yet to see are hear any of the conservatives participating in this thread denounce such stupid and played out stereotyped comments. Hell, in the public world, it's always "I misspoke." Yet, no denouncing.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:09 PM

876 posts, read 709,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
No not a bit...... I think every man, woman and child are racist. Anyone who denys this basic human fact is just lying to to themselves.

I also don't believe no blacks will vote for Mitt. I know a few who probably will.

I am very sorry that you have not had the pleasure to meet anyone who is not racist. Even a child? People are not born with racism. It's not a gene. I have never seen my ten year old son ever display a hint of racisim. Now, he has Asperger's and does not worry about what society thinks of him, so that maybe why. Whatever the reason, it is beautiful to see an intelligent boy that sees skin color and know that it makes no influence on his opinion of that person. I hope he keeps it, and I pray that it spreads. BTW. Don't think I'm trying to toot my own horn. I don't think I did anything special to achieve this in my child. All I did was not teach him racisim.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:16 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,083,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
lol. Really? The only people that have actually insulted me because of race have been Republican. I also didn't know that the Republican platform was based on civil rights back in the 1960s. I still haven' met any democrats that think they need to help me because I'm black and can't do anything for myself. I have, however, had conservative white people complain openly to my face saying the only reason I am where I am is because of affirmative action. Go figure. But the truth is both the Democrats and Republicans have sh*tted on black people throughout history. It is just only recently that, due to efforts for social equality, does it actually seem that democrats are on black people's side. Personally, I don't think they (Republicans or Democrats) really give a damn about anyone out there, be they white, black, hispanic, asian, or whatever. It's the political system. Two sides are basically fighting for pieces of a pie. Well, back in the 60s Democrats put their chips behind black folks while Republicans put their chips behind "the disillusioned and disaffected southern white vote (ironically being heavily democrat). Those slices of pies have been cut. I doubt they will switch back anytime soon.

Having said that, it doesn't help when individuals (not everyone) say stupid stereotypical things about black people and nobody from the right speaks up denouncing it. For example in this thread, several people talked about black people voting for democrats because of free stuff and welfare and whatnot. I have yet to see are hear any of the conservatives participating in this thread denounce such stupid and played out stereotyped comments. Hell, in the public world, it's always "I misspoke." Yet, no denouncing.
Republicans put their chips behind the southern white vote? Ha Ha Ha... except for the fact that more Republicans voted in favor of civil rights then Democrats. And I know you are going to try and say the Dixiecrats flipped Republican, even though you can only name one of the Dixiecrat politicians that did, whereas I can name far more that remained democrat.

If you didnt know that Republicans introduced civil rights bills time and time again yet got shot down by the Dems, then you need to learn some political history.

The only people that have ever insulted me to my face because of race has been Democrats. Republicans have never questioned me being where I am today because of any programs or what not. But I have had Democrats tell me Welfare reform is an attack against black people. Well, why would they think that? Because of course they think black people need welfare. I have been told by Democrats that we need affirmative action, why? because they believe black people need programs to get jobs and get into higher education.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,981,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
I am very sorry that you have not had the pleasure to meet anyone who is not racist. Even a child? People are not born with racism. It's not a gene. I have never seen my ten year old son ever display a hint of racisim. Now, he has Asperger's and does not worry about what society thinks of him, so that maybe why. Whatever the reason, it is beautiful to see an intelligent boy that sees skin color and know that it makes no influence on his opinion of that person. I hope he keeps it, and I pray that it spreads. BTW. Don't think I'm trying to toot my own horn. I don't think I did anything special to achieve this in my child. All I did was not teach him racisim.
Where I was raised there were no others unlike me, and pretty much where I live now is just like that.

I have traveled some and I see areas where others not like me live and other places where other kinds live and each kind stays unto itself. To me that seems perfectly natural and not a bad thing of itself.

I hate no one and no man, and take each individual for itself. I see in-equality everywhere i look as no two of anything are really equal. no 2 engines are the same while they may be very close, no 2 twin humans are the same while they are very similar. I maintain we each are individuals and so there is nothing legally equal in any of us.

Each one of IS special and so if this is true then no one is equal.

I discriminate every day, and doing so is a good way to select out what one will do from what will not do, in other words I can decide to not smash my thumb with a hammer or i can control my temper and not physically lash out.

Being in a PC world has taught us all incorrectly.

I am sick of the lies, and will no longer pretend to be what is not to be....

I have also been places where the color of my skin created hate, and I was beaten and robbed for it, and other times where my own race by skin has beaten me up for being a little different for the length of my hair.

In order for me to hate someone needs do something I can react too. I hate certain actions, but not maybe the people by skin color that cause them....

Look into nature and you will see I am correct. Sharks do not swim with dolphins. Monkeys do not hangout with lions.

Perhaps the closest thing in nature is dogs who seemingly will hang out as all one.... A tea cup poodle with hang with the Danes

It is not hate that I am about. I just disagree with the PC.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:06 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,672,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Where I was raised there were no others unlike me, and pretty much where I live now is just like that.

I have traveled some and I see areas where others not like me live and other places where other kinds live and each kind stays unto itself. To me that seems perfectly natural and not a bad thing of itself.

I hate no one and no man, and take each individual for itself. I see in-equality everywhere i look as no two of anything are really equal. no 2 engines are the same while they may be very close, no 2 twin humans are the same while they are very similar. I maintain we each are individuals and so there is nothing legally equal in any of us.

Each one of IS special and so if this is true then no one is equal.

I discriminate every day, and doing so is a good way to select out what one will do from what will not do, in other words I can decide to not smash my thumb with a hammer or i can control my temper and not physically lash out.

Being in a PC world has taught us all incorrectly.

I am sick of the lies, and will no longer pretend to be what is not to be....

I have also been places where the color of my skin created hate, and I was beaten and robbed for it, and other times where my own race by skin has beaten me up for being a little different for the length of my hair.

In order for me to hate someone needs do something I can react too. I hate certain actions, but not maybe the people by skin color that cause them....

Look into nature and you will see I am correct. Sharks do not swim with dolphins. Monkeys do not hangout with lions.

Perhaps the closest thing in nature is dogs who seemingly will hang out as all one.... A tea cup poodle with hang with the Danes

It is not hate that I am about. I just disagree with the PC.
Sharks and dolphins are not the same species. Nor are monkeys and lions.

But human beings - all of them - are the same species. That's what nature - and science - tells me.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:45 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,433,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The Republican have NOTHING to offer Black Americans in terms of seeing them as their social equals.

The fact your perception of the Democratic Party of treating Black Americans as victims speaks volumes.
So the ulimate goal of African Americans is to be seen as social equals by Whites? Talk about misplaced priorities.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:50 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,433,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Again -

NO ONE CARES about the black vote- NO ONE. Why?

1. Blacks will always vote democratic, regardless of the candidate

2. Blacks will never vote republican, regardless of the candidate

3. Politicians will "pander" to groups from whom they want to secure votes. In doing so, they will promote issues important to that group.

4. Given that the black vote is completely within democratic hands, NEITHER PARTY will ever put forward policy or campaign money to "recruit" the black vote.

Therefore the black vote is completely irrelevant to BOTH PARTIES. Funny how they have painted themselves into that corner.
Yup. They've willingly neutralized their political capital. What happens if Romney wins? They'll have no seat at the table, the CBC might as well disband. They'll just go on perpetual whining mode while the country passes them by.

No one is fighting for their vote like they are Hispanics. Hispanics have been able to extract de facto legalization of 2 million people (many of whom will take employment opportunities away from Blacks). They'll probably get full legalization down the road.

Not bad for a group that was a mere 4% of the US population in 1960.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:54 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,981,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Sharks and dolphins are not the same species. Nor are monkeys and lions.

But human beings - all of them - are the same species. That's what nature - and science - tells me.
I wondered if anyone would catch that. never the less there are lots of different kinds of monkeys and they do not hang out as one....... Same species different hang out... Whales too same species different hang out.

Always like kinds with same like kinds... paths may cross but sooner or later they go back to be with their same kinds.

I have inlaws that are both blacks and hispanic and they hang with their own kinds. At times our paths cross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections