Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 02:57 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,445,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
I doubt that you have any money to invest, so you probably can't open a business. It's usually the realm of people who work hard, are intelligent and have some money to invest.

The SBA isn't broke and neither is the federal government. Perhaps you might want to hit your local library and do some reading on government and economics.
LOL, you are right. Running a business is in the realm of people who are go getters. People who don't think welfare is a economic stimulant. People who are willing to risk it all to get it started. I, a business owner have done this and run a successful business NO HELP FROM THE GOVERNMENT.

And "I" paid taxes to use the infrastructure therefore "I" have the right to use that infrastructure.

What amazes me is that people who are on welfare, who did not pay taxes are all singing praises. I'm sure is someone said there was someone who will wipe their hinnys they would want that too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 06:48 PM

29,268 posts, read 22,621,615 times
eRay...
This is the second time you have posted about roads and infrastructure. Whats the deal with you and roads? I'm driving on streets my great grandfathers paid for, my grandfathers and my father, and I've paid for a few myself. I drive on some private roads I build myself with my Dad's old Cat.

My ancestors paid for the electrical infrastructure I use, etc. etc. etc. Some of the things I use, like natural gas, come in from the lines the gas company paid for. The gasoline station down on the corner was built by one of the major oil companies, but it has been bought and sold many times since it was built.

What's your problem? I don't understand why you are so locked up on this issue.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,404,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Does anyone know who to call to build my business?
I went to bed at 4am the other day, and woke up at 7am to get back to work.. The whole time all I kept asking myself is why hasnt the government come knocking on my door in order to help relieve some of the stress involved..

Old 07-20-2012, 08:43 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,207,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
LOL, you are right. Running a business is in the realm of people who are go getters. People who don't think welfare is a economic stimulant. People who are willing to risk it all to get it started. I, a business owner have done this and run a successful business NO HELP FROM THE GOVERNMENT.

And "I" paid taxes to use the infrastructure therefore "I" have the right to use that infrastructure.

What amazes me is that people who are on welfare, who did not pay taxes are all singing praises. I'm sure is someone said there was someone who will wipe their hinnys they would want that too.
You used the infrastructure? You had help from the government. That infrastructure was there before you started your business. You would have failed without it.

People who complain about not needing government and then admit that they need it are hypocrites.

I'm not sure what your comment about singing praises is all about. That said, I've been to countries where there is no social net. There's a reason why those countries have low levels of GDP. I'll stick the the systems put in place in rich countries, thanks.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,404,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
You used the infrastructure? You had help from the government. That infrastructure was there before you started your business. You would have failed without it.

People who complain about not needing government and then admit that they need it are hypocrites.

I'm not sure what your comment about singing praises is all about. That said, I've been to countries where there is no social net. There's a reason why those countries have low levels of GDP. I'll stick the the systems put in place in rich countries, thanks.
People on welfare use the infrastructure, terrorist use infrastructure, so using your argument, government is responsible for people who kill one another and are failures in life.

Government builds infrastructure for SOCIETY, that doesnt mean governments to credit for the growth of business.. Thats a beyond ridiculous claim

Old 07-20-2012, 11:30 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,445,727 times
State to test plan to tax miles driven | kgw.com Portland

When does it end?

Old 07-21-2012, 01:24 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,207,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
People on welfare use the infrastructure, terrorist use infrastructure, so using your argument, government is responsible for people who kill one another and are failures in life.

Government builds infrastructure for SOCIETY, that doesnt mean governments to credit for the growth of business.. Thats a beyond ridiculous claim
Your comments are completely out of context and pointless. I was refuting a stupid argument that someone made. Unless you have comments about said argument, then there's no need to comment on what I said.

The whole point of this thread is asinine. Someone who is partisan, poorly informed and likely uneducated takes a comment from a politician out of context, gets his panties in a bunch and then trolls on the internet. Genius.

You're smarter than the usual partisan on here. Why not make a reasonable thread about something.

Quote:
When does it end?
When does what end? Stupid arguments? Are you worried about taxation in Oregon? Where's your overall explanation of the tax burden in that state? Oh wait, you don't know. Right. Did you by chance read some right wing blog that gave you your opinion and it happened to whine about this type of tax?

Plenty of states tax fuel. Taxing miles driven would be no different. In fact, it would probably be a more representative tax. Of course, you'd have to be intelligent to bother to think things through like that. It's much better to be like a child and just whine about things you don't understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections