Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 11:22 PM

688 posts, read 654,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
So you are saying that I will be personally responsible and have to pay the debt if my business fails? And if I can't pay off the debt that I could lose everything, repossessed car, lein on my house ? Even a Goverment loan. That's a lot of personal risk?
No, you won't lose everything. But, please, keep bating me 'cuz I can play this game, too.

Let's go. Say something of substance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 09:24 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,436,175 times
Quote:
85% of business fail?

Then government is helping American businesses fail?
Since it is so easy and the government is the reason for their success, then why isn't the government helping you run a business and making you rich. Or are you the chosen welfare recipient? Wow, the government screwed you.

Last edited by eRayP; 07-19-2012 at 09:57 AM..

Old 07-19-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
I tried to get a bank loan to start a business and they are not giving out loans like that. The SBA and Score even told me it is pretty tough to get a bank loan. You have to get an investor, and that's hard too.
It is hard to get a bank loan on an idea. But people who don't run a business do not get that because they never tried to start a business let alone run a business. They just want to blame everyone else.

Don't worry, Obama will take care of you because he sees you as too weak, too uneducated to do it on your own. He is going to make sure you have a job just like he did in the last 3 years, that is what he is promising and why you will be fooled into voting for him.

How long does it take for you to be fooled before you will wake up? Are you really that easy?

Old 07-19-2012, 11:54 AM

29,235 posts, read 22,510,719 times
Quote:
So you are saying that I will be personally responsible and have to pay the debt if my business fails? And if I can't pay off the debt that I could lose everything, repossessed car, lein on my house ? Even a Goverment loan. That's a lot of personal risk?
This is a very over-simplified question. It all depends on the business, what it owes, and where the money is owed.
There is always a larger personal risk in owning a a business than working for one.

Businesses do not start up expecting to fail. If you want to start a biz, you must have a plan beforehand that tells you how much money you need to make, how much money is possible to make, and how much money you need to take home. If any one of these is lopsided, you don't start the business.

A business owner must, from the start, have plans to limit the risks. If you can't see what the risks are, you should not open the doors until you do. if the risks look to be too great, drop the notion of starting up and find another endeavor.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:08 PM

29,235 posts, read 22,510,719 times
Quote:
It is hard to get a bank loan on an idea. But people who don't run a business do not get that because they never tried to start a business let alone run a business. They just want to blame everyone else.

Don't worry, Obama will take care of you because he sees you as too weak, too uneducated to do it on your own. He is going to make sure you have a job just like he did in the last 3 years, that is what he is promising and why you will be fooled into voting for him.

How long does it take for you to be fooled before you will wake up? Are you really that easy?
It's not necessarily hard to get a bank loan based on an idea. It depends on how good the idea is and how thoroughly the idea has been explored and developed. it's true that

Of course folks who have never tried don't get it. Everyone learns when the try.

What blame are you talking about?

And that last paragraph makes no sense at all. Neither does the last sentence.

Last edited by banjomike; 07-19-2012 at 12:44 PM..

Old 07-19-2012, 12:29 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,876,210 times
eRayp:

Here's an article from the LVRJ that will show you how much help the govt can actually be.

A week ago 2 chimps escaped from their cages and one needed to be shot while the other was tranquilized. It is leagal to keep wild animals in residential areas in Las Vegas. You just go to the court house and get a permit.

However, if you want to rescue hummingbirds there are a few more hoops to jump through, hummingbirds being the danger to the public that they are.

Rescuer of hummingbirds runs afoul of state - News - ReviewJournal.com

This is a definate "must read" article to show you how easy the govt makes it to start your business. The woman in the article wasn't in business to make money, but the permit proces would be the same. Of course if you actually wanted to earn money there would be more agencies to contact.

How did people survive before we had these agencies to protect us and "help" us start businesses?

Old 07-19-2012, 12:49 PM

Ok, I own a successful business. I know what a business plan is. I also did not get a government loan to start or run my business nor did I go to the government to be led by the nose. I pay high taxes so I am paying my debt.

I have the right just like the welfare recipient to use roads. They may use the roads to get a 6 pack I use the roads for both personal and business. One thing he is right about I had a mentor (non-goverment), actually more for encouragement and I also mentor a 20 year old who now also runs his successful business. He did not get a government loan either nor did he use government services to help him. Yes, 20 years old who understands that he needs to make his way in life and not expect someone else to pay his way.

If you don't have a business, that is your choice but don't tell me that I have a business because government helped me. All they do is take money from my business and spend it in ways they see fit and part of it is the infrastructure, other parts are pure waste.

I agree everyone should pay taxes but don't become so dependent that you think its your right to be paid to do nothing.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
eRayp:
The woman in the article wasn't in business to make money, but the permit proces would be the same.
LOL, no she was not in business to make money <sarcasm> and you don't go to work to make money.

PS, the first rule of running a business. You must love and believe in the products or services you provide.

Last edited by eRayP; 07-19-2012 at 01:32 PM..

Old 07-19-2012, 02:08 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,876,210 times
Quote:
LOL, no she was not in business to make money <sarcasm> and you don't go to work to make money.

PS, the first rule of running a business. You must love and believe in the products or services you provide.

One of the parts that struck me as funny is that this woman was taking care of these birds for free, but not one but two agencies made her quit doing that because she was taking their paid job that the tax payers fund. And if she wants to keep helping the birds for free...she has to pay for the permits.

I also had to laugh at the comment a poster made that these agencies are there for our protection. I guess allowing wild animals in residential areas is much safer than allowing someone to nurse hummingbirds back to life.

Another thing I don't think posters realize is how many permits etc you have to pay for to get into and as you operate a business. When you are trying to get a project off the ground you see how much govt bloat there actually is. if people would stop to realize how much each entity of govt costs it's easy to see why we are in debt. On another thread I learned that the Dept of Ed alone has over 80 divisions yet we can't figure out how to educate our kids. Closing half those agencies would be a nice way to pay teachers more.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:16 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,201,957 times
Quote:
They can't lend me money, they are broke.

Not sure if going into business is a good idea though, I want to go into business to make money but making money is politically incorrect.
I doubt that you have any money to invest, so you probably can't open a business. It's usually the realm of people who work hard, are intelligent and have some money to invest.

The SBA isn't broke and neither is the federal government. Perhaps you might want to hit your local library and do some reading on government and economics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections